Borderline situations - Page 5

Borderline situations

This is a discussion on Borderline situations within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I grew up in the inner city where trouble found me. You mean mailboxes could move to your location and stand in front of your ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Borderline situations

Sponsor
    I grew up in the inner city where trouble found me.

You mean mailboxes could move to your location and stand in front of your bat? Damn, I guess I would have played mailbox bat at that too

I didnt grow up in a perfect family, is there such a thing anywhere other than ward cleavers house? We didn't steal, we didn't vandalize and we certainly were more afraid of our parents wrath if we ever did and got caught than the old man [ like me ] coming out on his porch after catching us in the act.

I understand about innercities, I worked on the streets in enough of them over the years. What I observed in those decades was there were the unruly, undisciplined and there were other kids whose parents didn't allow them the luxury of getting themselves into trouble through restrictions/curtailing of their free time for trouble to even have a chance of finding them as well as the upbringing of respect for others.

Disadvantaged is not an excuse for actions that are wrong, there were plenty of families, even in the inner city projects, whose kids were never problems among the majority who were let loose on the world.

I guess it comes down to moral/right from wrong values instilled at an early age, so that by the time mailboxes grew legs and found kids bats, the kids still knew those mailboxes were not baseballs and should not to be used as such.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

DC Founder
    We have taken the liberty of removing the personal attacks in this thread (last two posts deleted). If you were sent back through the rules on this one, you need to pay close attention to the part about attacking the issue, not the person expressing their opinion.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links