how would you handle this situation? - Page 2

how would you handle this situation?

This is a discussion on how would you handle this situation? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by farronwolf That being said what if you heard said co-worker talking to someone on the phone, and hear the word FFL mentioned, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    That being said what if you heard said co-worker talking to someone on the phone, and hear the word FFL mentioned, and "yeah but you can only buy one of those a month and there is a wait" and "Oh yeah AR-15 too those are good"

Your contradicting yourself here. If he knows this much, apparently he does know about firearms and the law to some extent.

I have people call me up at the office on occasion and ask me about a particular gun or something of that nature. If someone in my office overheard this should they go to HR and tell them. Well ok, I am the HR, boss, whatever.

Keep your eyes open and stay alert. Just because someone has a bad attitude at work, and happens to have a conversation about firearms does not mean they are going postal. Is discussion about firearms at work grounds for dismissal? If it is, most of us on this forum would have a hard time keeping a job. I think some of us may be becoming too PC ourselves.
    This only means he's looked into things a little...I've tlaked to him in the past (~1 year ago) when I was talking about hunting with another co-worker...he does not know much about them at all.

On top of that I know he's in a lot of medical debt. If i had heard anyone else talking about it I wouldn't think twice about it...This guy though...whole 'nother ballgame.

I've applied for my CCW so hopefully it'll get approved soon. I'm going to buy an MTAC I think, but I have not yet purchased my G23 which I planned to be my EDC. I do have my Sig 229 though...

Situational awareness is already high with this guy, but he sits directly behind my cube so I won't have much time to react if SHTF.

Quote Originally Posted by FearSheeple View Post
    This only means he's looked into things a little...I've tlaked to him in the past (~1 year ago) when I was talking about hunting with another co-worker...he does not know much about them at all.

On top of that I know he's in a lot of medical debt. If i had heard anyone else talking about it I wouldn't think twice about it...This guy though...whole 'nother ballgame.

I've applied for my CCW so hopefully it'll get approved soon. I'm going to buy an MTAC I think, but I have not yet purchased my G23 which I planned to be my EDC. I do have my Sig 229 though...

Situational awareness is already high with this guy, but he sits directly behind my cube so I won't have much time to react if SHTF.
    Ugh...Gopher farm huh... Not much by way of cover either. Just keep your eyes and ears in tune and be ready. There's not much else you can do considering it could still be a legitimate discussion.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

BTDT

I got a new job working for sane people. That's the thing that helped the most. Yep, it involved moving my entire family 150 miles away, but the lengths I felt I had to go to to protect myself at that place of employment were intolerable.

If that degree of lunacy is tolerated by the company, that's not a good company to work for. You, as peon, will never effect change in upper management. You, as peon, will be first on the sacrificial alter when/if the time comes (either first victim of the psycho or blackballed after you take him out by carrying against company policy).

You have my best wishes and prayers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links