Why would anybody advertise?

This is a discussion on Why would anybody advertise? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We call this "Open Source Intelligence." 85% or more of all classified stuff is generated using it. Think about this from a family perspective... If ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why would anybody advertise?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    We call this "Open Source Intelligence." 85% or more of all classified stuff is generated using it.

Think about this from a family perspective... If you have something senesitive to your family that you would not want others knowing about, how hard would it be to deduce that issue/item/problem/person using information that is freely available: Ads on your car (like shown), the mail that is delivered to your home, what you say in public, etc, etc, etc. Now the chances that someone is trying to harm your family are minimal and taking all sorts of measure to secure info like this may be.. well.. paranoid. But then just by the nature of this forum I don't think many of us count on statistics and chances to keep us safe.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Here's a similar one:
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Here's a similar one:
    I've seen those before, and think it would be very fitting on my cars!
    "Just blame Sixto"

This a little like those signs in the store windows saying "No Guns Allowed"! They might as well say "We are a robber friendly establishment, won't you join us today for a little mayhem and larceny." I am putting a decal of a rottweiler or a pit bulldog on my vehicle window to remind criminals that "Mess with me and you'll own a bloody stump."

cj
    Speaking of advertising...I seem to recall a set of incidents (possibly posted on this board?) where thugs were targeting guys with tactical-ish knives sticking out of their pockets. The M.O. was to walk up behind the guy with a gun and take his concealed carry piece. Apparently there's a high correlation between those who carry such a knife sticking out of their pocket and those carrying concealed.

So now at a recent gun club meeting, I started looking...sure enough, a good number of these guys have Benchmades, Spydercos, and other nice knives sticking out of their pockets. Age didn't seem to matter (lots of older gentlemen in the club), just a high correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    The thing I find most amusing about that picture is the dealer logo on it. That van has Florida tags, but the dealership that originally sold it is in Rockville Maryland. I actually worked there twenty some years ago. Most dealerships I am familiar with take the competitions badges off before selling the trade ins, so they are probably the original owners. Lucky me, I now have an "in" to get to know the family better. We can talk about "the old neighborhood" and become fast friends.
    LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links