Witnessed something curious last night....

This is a discussion on Witnessed something curious last night.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had to make a stop at the local supermarket after church. Got out later than usual because a married couple from my study group ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Witnessed something curious last night....

I had to make a stop at the local supermarket after church. Got out later than usual because a married couple from my study group is heading to Asia as missionaries. I got to the store about 9:30 picked up what I needed, paid and exited the store. I start to load my supplies into my car(a 1997 Crown Victoria). As I am loading my car, I hear a thumping bass coming from a Hummer H-2 at the other end other of the parking lot. The vehicle is parked under the light pole, very visible. This thing is tricked out, including dark tinted windows. I stare for a few seconds and then go back to loading my car. The odd thing is after my brief stare the vehicle leaves the parking lot quickly. After I return home and unload my groceries, I remember seeing that exact same vehicle sitting in that same spot several times over the past few weeks at about the same time. Am I the only one who finds this just a bit odd?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Nope , a hard stare and a crown vic says PoPo to some segments of our population . For them leaving is as natural as breathing with the attention .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Could be a BG looking for a victim, but more likely it is somebody waiting for their girlfriend to get off work.

I would guess a BG wouldn't be parked under a light in an easily identifiable vehicle, playing their stereo loudly and drawing attention.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Depends on the area... Could be a kid with a tricked-out truck courtesy of Daddy's money or a BG that doesn't care who sees what they're doing. That would be a better undercover LEO vehicle. Seems every H2 I see has big rims and chrome everywhere...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I am not saying its a " BG" in fact most likely not . I am saying that most likely given the circumstances the folks in the " hummer " would choose not to so much as talk to officer friendly much less have said " hummer " searched . Might and likely as innocent as knowing there is a pot pipe with residue or what in CO would be a " personal amount ( under 1 oz ) " of green leafy substance was on board . None the less a crown vic and a hard look is the same anywhere you go lol . Like music some things trancend either language or culture .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Drug dealer? Gang banger? Somebody picking up their friend/girlfriend from work? Bored kid with daddys money?

Hmmmm......I need a Crown Vic now LOL

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

i would say drug dealer

You have to get the black steel wheels with the tiny little hubcaps to really look undercover. And Radio Shack has those little 3" antennas, add several to your trunk.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Administrator
    We (UC) dont drive Vics or Hummers...Wouldnt be caught dead in one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    But that would be the perfect cover. Counter-counter tactics!

Or maybe you prefer a taxi? See but not be seen...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Personally,
    I always thought the 1986 Monte Carlo SS would make a good undercover vehicle

I drive a white Crown Vic Police Interceptor. I got a great deal on it. (thats why i bought it... not to mention it is FAST! ha) I thought it'd be kinda cool but after a couple a weeks you get REAL tired of everyone going just a bit under the speed limit in front of you.

It almost got me killed too. I work as an Loss Prevention Detective at a Dept. Store and on my lunch break I went across the street to Taco Bell. I was wearing a White Polo with black slacks and I had my radio and cuffs hanging off my belt.

It turns out T-Bell was being robbed at the time and the cashier had just called 911. When I pulled into the parking lot the BGs back was turned to the door so he didn't see me drive up. I parked right in front of the door and walked in. The Cashier saw me and assumed.... COP.

So when I open the door and walk in I get about 5 steps and she points and yells, "HE'S RIGHT THERE HES TRYING TO ROB US!!!!" and then dives under the counter.

At this point my mind is spinning with possibilities and I go into alert mode. Young male in a hoodie is standing at the counter and spins around at her comment. They guy sees me. Then looks past me at my car. And just lunges at me. Fortunately I deal in hand to hand all the time. I was able to plant a nice round house to the center of his chest and he went down and since I had the cuffs I cuffed him.The police arrived a couple seconds later. I knew the officers because they picked up our shoplifters on a regular basis, so I wasn't in any trouble or anything they actually thought it was funny. Turns out the guy said he had a gun. He didn't though just used the old finger in the hoodie trick.

VIP Member
    The very few time I did any UC work, I was afraid to turn off the POS I had to drive!

Seriously, I'd bet the H-2 was a bad lease and boyfriend was waiting for girlfriend to get off work.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

AEA
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    We (UC) dont drive Vics or Hummers...Wouldnt be caught dead in one.
    What do you drive? Confiscated Corvettes? Mustangs? Viper's? or Kia's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links