I saw him, I watched him walk away... - Page 2

I saw him, I watched him walk away...

This is a discussion on I saw him, I watched him walk away... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A BUG while at work is out of the question. I carry enough crap on my person as it is, and having one accessible in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I saw him, I watched him walk away...

A BUG while at work is out of the question. I carry enough crap on my person as it is, and having one accessible in the Company vehicle is a definite no-no (others occasionally are in it to move it). My truck is a '98 POS Chev 3500 standard cab, bench seat w/service body.

I have also pondered transferring from IWB to a cross draw or my TAC vest when driving, again, not feasible while at work, possibly doable when going off shift.

So...Yes definitely a wake up call. I am going to have to ponder my options.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Sticks----mind sending a PM with the name of the hotel? I need to be aware of where that is in my area. I'm not supposed to have any weapon in my marked company truck (Chevy 1500). That said, I do. My 1911 is in the driver's door pocket and is not visible from the passenger seat or from any vantage point outside the vehicle. My wife questioned me once about company policy and I reminded her that it would be highly unlikely anyone from upper management would say anything at my funeral! I am, however, much more cognizant of my surroundings after the incident a few weeks ago by the Midtown Plaza (suspicious dirtbags casing me several times). That was a good wake up call for me and this was a good one for you. Glad you are safe!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member

I love Jang's message

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Not true, unless you think so and thus make it true.
    Fighting from within and about a vehicle is very much possible and real world doable as well as effective. Don't sell yourself short.

- Janq
    I love Jang's message.

Its a rare day this guy isn't spot on.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    yup...maybe just a wake up call, glad you are ok and nothing came from it...maybe next time at least unbuckle the seat beat before getting on the computer, so you have easier access to your firearm if needed...or remove it from the holster and tuck it in the seat or under your right leg while working on the computer...just my .02
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I can totalily relate to this one. I was on a warrant detail late one night with 2 other officers. If was late at night with a light rain. I had my head down reading the warrant and a drunk walk up to my window and bang on it and scared me to death. Almost had to go change clothes. It happens to everyone sooner or later. Just be glad you get a second chance.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

You might want to consider going to a cross draw holster if you spend a lot of time in a vehicle.

Everyone zones out once in a while. It's impossible to be alert all the time.

I carry with a IWB holster at 5 o'clock. I can draw it fairly quickly while sitting in my car.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

This is such a regular occurrence where I live that I cannot count the times I have been approached for money, cigarettes, etc. Our area is littered with vagrants in the winter time because of the warm weather we have here.

If I am in a charitable mood, I will give them a smoke or some change. If I am not in a charitable mood then I respectfully tell them no. Not once have I ever had a cross word with any of them ever. They typically smile and walk away and say sorry for bothering me.

These guys are all known on a first name basis with the local LEO's. They know they will get shipped out of town on a rail if they bother citizens. So for the most part, they watch their P's & Q's.

Now with that said, just watch some vagrant blow me away for a cigarette next week while I am sitting in my car............LOL.....

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links