Possible upcoming riots

This is a discussion on Possible upcoming riots within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, that had to be the shortest membership on record. Having said that, I live in Denver and I have not heard squat about this ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible upcoming riots

Well, that had to be the shortest membership on record.

Having said that, I live in Denver and I have not heard squat about this "Riot" thing. I do know that any and all protests/gatherings are only going to be allowed VERY far from the convention center.

If there is a riot, then the Denver Tear Gas Brigade (or Police Department as they are technically referred to) will be fogging for mosquitoes. They have had lots of practice with the Super Bowl and the Stanley Cup wins. We have a local Radio DJ that has a collection of canisters from every event (he was also present for).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well I don't live anywhere that they will riot. I live in a nice suburb where people "talk" about things, they don't do anything. So I really have zero concern for my personal safety. I don't even know when the conventions are or where.

Rioters are criminals, plain and simple. They should be rounded up and put in prison for awhile and see how they like rioting then.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Interesting considering you are the only one to use those terms, causing a whole string of edits that had to be done to those responding to you.

I'm thinking that by referring to our members as "the gun crowd" and asking, "aren't there any other tolerant, moderate folks who own guns?" that you are not a gun owner and are here to cause trouble. You have accomplished that so now I will now encourage you to go elsewhere by revoking your membership. I also recommend you take a critical look at yourself in the mirror. You really are what you are accusing other people of being....
    Bravo!!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Interesting considering you are the only one to use those terms, causing a whole string of edits that had to be done to those responding to you.

I'm thinking that by referring to our members as "the gun crowd" and asking, "aren't there any other tolerant, moderate folks who own guns?" that you are not a gun owner and are here to cause trouble. You have accomplished that so now I will now encourage you to go elsewhere by revoking your membership. I also recommend you take a critical look at yourself in the mirror. You really are what you are accusing other people of being....
    Nice work!

My only complaint now is that the funny part of my reply was edited out
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Good job Bumper,thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Well, that had to be the shortest membership on record.
    LOL C-ya
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Good job Bumper,thanks!
    Agreed, good job Bumper, but... my god man, 2:45 in the morning, get a life.

Oops, different time zones, maybe not.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I might watch the riots on TV if there is nothing else on.

Ah, the "true face" of the gun crowd. Hm. Recognition that, among other things, defending against one, against many, or against government tyranny all comprise the point of defensive use of weapons.

Those who survived the Los Angeles riots after the Rodney King thing know better; Watts; Chicago and elsewhere. A riot is an ugly sink (Inspektor Kemp, Young Frahnken-steen). Prayer, pixie dust, 911 calls placed on hold and lambasting your neighbors' preparedness don't go far when your own door's being kicked in.

Me, worried? Not unless food shortages appear here. I don't think they will. For the bottom fifth of the country's residents, there's already poverty, which is essentially a protracted food shortage. General riots? Not here, I don't think.
    Attached Images
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Dang!! I got to the party late and missed all the fun!!

Years ago when I lived in Denver, they had a mini-riot every MLK day on capitol hill. DPD did a good job squelching them, and will do a good job of taking steps to prevent this one.
    The Democratic national convention is August 25-28
    Last edited by flagflyfish; April 26th, 2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: convention date
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Riots are interesting to say the least. When an individual is of weak character, his weakness is able to come out because he can be an ass and try to hide it in the crowd.

I was in a riot crowd while in college. It was just a huge party that got out of hand to the tune of hundreds and hundreds of drunken students and some locals. Most of us were just having a good time and when a handful of idiots got out of line (throwing bottles, tipping cars, etc.).
    We did not like it at all or partake in the stupidity.
    It was funny because three local cops and one German Shepherd walking down the middle of the street caused the entire crowd to haul ass and disperse. It was three AM biscuits and gravy time for my buddies and me.

I lived near Long Beach during the LA riots in the early '90s. I had a Glock 20, a MAC 90 (cheap AK) and my 870. Needless to say I enjoyed my Junior Mints and popcorn without any worries while watching the show on TV. Go Koreans!

Riots and 'shut downs' being threatened after Sean Bell verdict?

FOXNews.com - Fiancée of NYC Groom Shot 50 Times by Cops: 'It's Not Over' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Sharpton lambasted the judge who acquitted the detectives in the killing of Bell and wounding of his two friends, saying a jury should been seated to decide guilt or innocence.

"If people are on the public payroll, doing their public duty, they should be required to face a public jury," Sharpton said. The officers had opted to have the judge instead of a jury decide the case

Sharpton later promised to "shut the city down" with organized civil disobedience. "Shut it down! Shut it down!" supporters chanted.

In his ruling Friday, Justice Arthur Cooperman said inconsistent testimony, courtroom demeanor and rap sheets of the prosecution witnesses — mainly Bell's friends — "had the effect of eviscerating" their credibility.

"At times, the testimony just didn't make sense," the judge said.

The verdict elicited gasps as well as tears of joy and sorrow. Detective Michael Oliver, who fired 31 of the shots, wept at the defense table, while Bell's mother cried in the packed courtroom. Shouts of "Murderers! Murderers!" and "KKK!" rang out outside the courthouse.

Protests followed later in the day, and police said two demonstrators were arrested near the site of the shooting Friday night. One was arrested on a disorderly conduct charge, the other on a charge of obstructing governmental administration, police said.
    Good time to stay away from NYC.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Administrator
    We must terrorize, pillage, burn, loot, & riot in order to insure that the man who is going to bring peace and stability to the world gets into the White House.

Sounds logical to me.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Not looking forward to it.

I am a paramedic in the Denver Metro area and I am not looking forward to being an unarmed civil servant in the middle of this. Not that I have a choice, its all hands on deck for this one.

As much good as I think I would do I hope everyone is wrong. Probably not though.

1943 - 2009
    There aren't enough people in Montana to have a riot!

Well, maybe a small one...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links