Possible upcoming riots - Page 3

Possible upcoming riots

This is a discussion on Possible upcoming riots within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never heard of them before. Just Googled them and looked at their site. Lot's of good intel for Police. I'm sure there will be a ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Never heard of them before. Just Googled them and looked at their site. Lot's of good intel for Police. I'm sure there will be a bunch of poster carrying and shouting but I seriously doubt there will be a riot.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    My only complaint now is that the funny part of my reply was edited out
    Yeah, that's the problem with editing, sometimes you lose good responses. But it needed doing....

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Agreed, good job Bumper, but... my god man, 2:45 in the morning, get a life.

Oops, different time zones, maybe not.
    Actually my post was at 1:42am here, a full two hours before I normally go to bed. I am usually the late shift.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Naw. Who's going to riot?

This isn't 1968. Too many computers and video games and cell phones and malls and shots of Britney sans panties to hold people's attention.

The Hippies and Yippies and Weathermen and the Students for a Democratic Society of 1968 were a lean and hungry and determined -- if somewhat scruffy -- lot.

A lot of today's overweight and unfocused "anarchists" would split their trousers with their first toss of a bottle or rock.

I was advised to spend the day in the hills and to not fly that day.
    I plan on going shooting/hiking most of the day.

Purportedly that group is planning a human chain shutting down I-25 (should be ran over imo).

That was some good work, nicely done Bumper.

Rioting for things like this doesn't really make sense. In fact there are few things to riot about that make sense.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by lump532 View Post
    I am a paramedic in the Denver Metro area and I am not looking forward to being an unarmed civil servant in the middle of this. Not that I have a choice, its all hands on deck for this one.

As much good as I think I would do I hope everyone is wrong. Probably not though.
    You sure?

I am a Paramedic in Kentucky, and they took out the weapons policy last year for some reason. It's just not in the S.O.P. anymore, so I am carrying at work again.

And even so, it just might be against "company policy", so you couldn't get in trouble for it, just fired.

I carried regardless, as my job is not worth my life, and holds no rule of law here.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Rioting for things like this doesn't really make sense. In fact there are few things to riot about that make sense.
    I suspect that most of those who participate (should it happen) will have no TRUE agenda......except to behave like animals.

....and I suspect the same is true of most of the WTO protest crowd, such as the one in the "Battle of Seattle".

I got to thinking, the last time that I can remember that there was supposed to be a rather large protest and rumors of it turning into a riot, the problem children were just that...Teenagers. The local news showed video of wannabe thugs with ski masks, and bandannas covering their faces. A couple that were interviewed did not have a clue what the protest was about, they just wanted to "Stir the pot"

The Denver Teargas Brigade will keep things under control unless there are multiple impromptu events all happening at the same time in different parts of the city, and then the entire Denver Metro area have had several "Multi Jurisdictional Coordinated Efforts" or Police Actions as I like to call it, so I am sure there will be an overwhelming number of LEOs in the 16 square mile area around the convention center and downtown in general.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I was working north of Atlanta when the Rodney King verdict came out and Downtown Atlanta went insane. Announcements came out for anyone needing a ride to home office to call security. Most people who were non black were targeted by the mobs. APD was ineffective for the most part. Although one officer was taped nightstick in hand charging alone into a group attacking a guy. That officer really saved the guys life that was being attacked. Riots blow up quick and get nasty fast.

Not worried myself I have yard markers out on the property

I'm running out of time to goof off tonight so I'll skip most of the post on this. Remember the Dem. riot of 68 and the thousands of law enforcement and military personel it took to end it. I believe in the end it was over 25,000 involved and the millions in damage. It probably will happen again, except multiply the end results in damages by hundreds and to supress it, who knows how many.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I have been listening to the news. A few items are worth noting.

1. There is a group out there called Recreate 68. They are planning on rioting at the Democratic convention in Denver

Being promoted by non other than Rush Limbaugh!

VIP Member

I remember it differently

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I'm running out of time to goof off tonight so I'll skip most of the post on this. Remember the Dem. riot of 68 and the thousands of law enforcement and military personel it took to end it.
    Really? I thought it took thousands of LEOs and military to get it started. It has been rightly called a police riot.

What Chicago Mayor Daly gave the country was the sure fire election of Nixon--with all the bad stuff we got from that.

A few months before that event I traveled through O'Hare. While changing flights I overheard a conversation between a middle aged couple who clearly were on their way back from seeing their kid hospitalized kid, who had been hurt in one of the Viet Nam battles, Huey, I think.

One of them claimed their kid said that while they were fighting, there were plenty of Vietnamese teen agers just hanging out in the city, and the parent wondered out loud why they weren't doing the fighting.

Sorry folks, my memory is long, and I lived through that era as a young adult. Lay the blame where it belonged. It was a police riot.

Am I worried about riots at political conventions? Not particularly.

I AM worried about what happens when gas hits $7 per gallon, unemployment hits 15 - 20% and a loaf of bread costs $10.00. Or what happens when you dial 911 and no one answers.

I just have a feeling that we're in for some bad times ahead. Very bad times.

Quote Originally Posted by UpOn2Wheels View Post
    I AM worried about what happens when gas hits $7 per gallon, unemployment hits 15 - 20% and a loaf of bread costs $10.00. Or what happens when you dial 911 and no one answers.
    Since I work EMS, I call it job security!

Just kidding.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links