Possible upcoming riots - Page 4

Possible upcoming riots

This is a discussion on Possible upcoming riots within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The majority of large groups are , and followers, I never have liked the large group thing!...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The majority of large groups are , and followers, I never have liked the large group thing!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Really? I thought it took thousands of LEOs and military to get it started. It has been rightly called a police riot.

What Chicago Mayor Daly gave the country was the sure fire election of Nixon--with all the bad stuff we got from that.

A few months before that event I traveled through O'Hare. While changing flights I overheard a conversation between a middle aged couple who clearly were on their way back from seeing their kid hospitalized kid, who had been hurt in one of the Viet Nam battles, Huey, I think.

One of them claimed their kid said that while they were fighting, there were plenty of Vietnamese teen agers just hanging out in the city, and the parent wondered out loud why they weren't doing the fighting.

Sorry folks, my memory is long, and I lived through that era as a young adult. Lay the blame where it belonged. It was a police riot.
    Ummmmm..... Ok.

I guess I'm just dense tonight, but I'm missing the connection between third-hand stories about Vietnamese teen-agers on the streets of Hue (Hue being a city, Huey being a helicopter), Mayor Daley, Richard Nixon, and a police instigated riot....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by UpOn2Wheels View Post
    Am I worried about riots at political conventions? Not particularly.

I AM worried about what happens when gas hits $7 per gallon, unemployment hits 15 - 20% and a loaf of bread costs $10.00. Or what happens when you dial 911 and no one answers.

I just have a feeling that we're in for some bad times ahead. Very bad times.
    I happen to think that the fall of our government could mean the return of liberty. Mind you, I'm not advocating, just dreaming... I would never advocate for actual liberty...

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Senior Moderator
    We had a truck over turn on Highway 7 once that was carrying over 500 young "feeder" pigs.

When the locals found out that the pigs had all got loose they all made a mad dash to seize as many as they could. Pigs were everywhere,running loose thought the forest, along the highway and just about anywhere you looked was a pig running with someone in hot pursuit trying to catch it. Cars and trucks were parked all up and down the highway and pigs were running amongst them. Young kids, adults and even some old coots that hadnt run in years got in on it. It was hilarious to watch and I never laughed so hard in my life. Since I was working the wreck, I got a birds eye veiw of the whole event.

That was the closest thing to a "riot" we ever had.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    about anywhere you looked was a pig running with someone in hot pursuit trying to catch it...

Sounds an awful lot like one of those Iowa Caucus...

Seriously though, when people riot, they tend to trash their own neighborhood. I can't seem to figure that one out.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    We had a truck over turn on Highway 7 once that was carrying over 500 young "feeder" pigs.

When the locals found out that the pigs had all got loose they all made a mad dash to seize as many as they could. Pigs were everywhere,running loose thought the forest, along the highway and just about anywhere you looked was a pig running with someone in hot pursuit trying to catch it. Cars and trucks were parked all up and down the highway and pigs were running amongst them. Young kids, adults and even some old coots that hadnt run in years got in on it. It was hilarious to watch and I never laughed so hard in my life. Since I was working the wreck, I got a birds eye veiw of the whole event.

I love Arkansas.

Itll be funny to whacht the the libs go berzerkus

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Worried, heck no...I figure the more democrats fight amongst themselves, the better off the country will be as a whole.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

I agree with nutz4, it always suprises me (although I am not sure why anymore) the way rioters trash their own neighborhoods. Lets tip our neighbors cars, tear down some stoplights and street signs and bust out windows of local businesses that'll show 'em. Nuff said

PS-dont make me describe a what a riot might look like here in South Dakota, of course if you want to see one just cruise bar parking lots near closing time

You know, the more I hear and watch this WTO and convention "riot" nonsense on tv, the more I suspect that the young people might be using that as an occasion to get together and sow some wild oats, like at Woodstock.........really. Maybe just to break up the boredom of the workweek life and do something that is memorable to them. (Before they get too soon oldt und too late schmart).

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Well doesn't the old saying go something like "America is only three missed meals away from total anarchy."

I live in a more rural suburb about 40 miles west of Atlanta. I wouldn't think anything would spill out over here but I have plenty enough to defend the family if it should.

"If you loot, we shoot!"
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Up Comming Riots

SIMPLE ANSWER " BE READY STAY ALERT: AND MOST OF ALL "LOCK AND LOAD "

the more I hear and watch this WTO and convention "riot" nonsense on tv, the more I suspect that the young people might be using that as an occasion to get together and sow some wild oats, like at Woodstock.........really
    Unfortunately the WTO riots amongst many others are made up of a "core" of professional "agent provacatuers"...people who travel all over the country and the world setting these things up and organizing the protests, trying to stimulate arrests...giving seminars on how to interact with police and be civilly disobedient. These are the folks we try to target early on when arrests are decided on and go in to try to remove (unfortunately often times they have people around them block for them and they're able to escape, but not always)

It wouldn't surprise me to see something occur during the Democratic National Convention...I'd kind of find it humorous as long as no one got hurt!

That's the first I've heard the term "professional agent provocateurs" since the days of the Vietnam War protests. Didn't know they were still active. Must be connected to some of George Soros' subversive activities. He's still trying to work thru the U.N. Org. and far left U.S. org.s to confiscate all small arms worldwide. He's having some success in countries like the U.K. and Australia. Somehow, he needs to be stopped here in the U.S.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I'll watch it on TV.
    Make Mental Note To Self: Buy Popcorn & Junior Mints.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links