Possible upcoming riots

This is a discussion on Possible upcoming riots within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DrSal Riots in Denver...doubtful, a little protest and there by some liberal miscreants perhaps. Any real serious civil unrest in the rest ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Possible upcoming riots

Quote Originally Posted by DrSal View Post
    Riots in Denver...doubtful, a little protest and there by some liberal miscreants perhaps. Any real serious civil unrest in the rest of the nation as a result of some unfortunate event, i.e. hussein osama NOT getting the nomination...COOL! Bring it ON!
    Sounds like someone has been listening to W too much with the bring it on statement. Be careful of what you ask for.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

This is part of the growing trend to not accept things as they are, but when we cannot get what we want, we tend to not accept that. We must have what we want. We are a generation of instant gratification. When elections don't go our way, sure, there are a lot of folks who would riot. They do it when their sports team either wins or loses :)
    Incapable of accepting reality and letting it go. Someone wins the election, if it was a fair election, that is it. Why riot? That is just an excuse, like Watts was way back when. People like to make noise when things don't go their way.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

It's been a long time but I feel sure the MS. Highway Patrol can still lay their hands on some firehoses and German Shepherds. And methinks I've got a riot shotgun laying around here someplace.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

About a month ago everyone's favorite Viet Nam Chicken Hawk, Rusty (Boil-on-the-Butt) Limbaugh, encouraged Republican Primary voters to cross over to vote for Hillary to further frustrate the Dems attempt to get a candidate and to keep them fighting. Then he said he actually preferred Obama ... whatever.

About the same time he promoted the idea and tried to generate interest in and fire up HIS BASE that 08 will be another 68 ... demonstrations and police riots in the st etc etc. Where's the Beef?

Another 'whatever', if you like me have occasionally followed this guy's disinformation for years.

Our democracy is difficult enough without entertainment-turkeys like HIM and a few others mucking it up with bogus and provocative statements.
    Old testament....Shooting to Live 1942
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...ng_to_live.pdf
    Newer testament... Kill or Get Killed 1976/1987
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...Get_Killed.pdf

Senior Moderator
    Our democracy is difficult enough without entertainment-turkeys like HIM and a few others mucking it up with bogus and provocative statements.
    I guess that just depends on what side of the fence you are on.

As for me, listening to the same ole tired liberal mantra is somewhat...tiring.

One thing about a "riot" even if it does happen...it will be a very localized event.
    Me, sitting here in Arkansas, could really care less what a bunch of
    newagedprosocilaistoneworldgoverenmentIcantfigureo utwhatsexIamgunsareevilandglobalwarmingwillbethede athofusall crowd thinks,says or does.

If they get stupid and actually cause a riot, then they deserve whatever their tiny little brains in their tiny little skulls get.

I'll watch it on TV and see it discussed here.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverkeeper View Post
    About a month ago everyone's favorite Viet Nam Chicken Hawk, Rusty (Boil-on-the-Butt) Limbaugh, encouraged Republican Primary voters to cross over to vote for Hillary to further frustrate the Dems attempt to get a candidate and to keep them fighting. Then he said he actually preferred Obama ... whatever.

About the same time he promoted the idea and tried to generate interest in and fire up HIS BASE that 08 will be another 68 ... demonstrations and police riots in the st etc etc. Where's the Beef?

Another 'whatever', if you like me have occasionally followed this guy's disinformation for years.

This is another reason why I don't think there will be any riots. He couldn't even convince the republicans to vote the way he wanted to in their own primary. I'm not sure how far he thinks he is going to get convincing the so called "lie-berals" to vote the way he wants in their primary let alone start a riot for him.

I don't believe there will be any riots at the convention, or because one candidate or the other doesn't get the nomination.

It appears very likely that Obama will be the Democrat candidate for President.

A more plausible scenario is that some idiot, whether he be a racist or agent provocateur, might attempt to assassinate Obama at some point in time. Which could most certainly provoke nationwide rioting, and result in draconian anti-gun legislation.

I doubt this will happen either, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Regardless of who wins the election, even if it's McCain, it is wise to stock up on all the "big boy toys" and accessories one can afford---BEFORE the new President is sworn in this coming January.

If the Gun Grabbers are able to push another weapons ban through Congress, which is quite possible since we may very well be looking at Democrat control of the White House, Senate and House of Representatives after this election---you can bet any new ban will NOT have a "sunset" provision like the last one did.

Any future ban will be PERMANENT.

-sigh- I would say I lean towards a democrat for most issues, except guns of course :P

But the thing is... I can't really consider myself a democrat because people who announce things like riots make me embarrassed to be associated with them.

I think I should be okay though, my neighborhood would probably scare most democrats away.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLFF View Post
    -sigh- I would say I lean towards a democrat for most issues, except guns of course :P

But the thing is... I can't really consider myself a democrat because people who announce things like riots make me embarrassed to be associated with them.
    You are not alone. I consider myself a "gun toating democrat". I am not a strict party-line voter, but find myself overall more aligned with democrats. Guns are an important issue, but not the only one. Neither are they the only civil right i care about. And lately, republicans have a particular bad record on civil rights.

What is your right to bear arms worth if you can be arrested without warrant? Would you shoot a police officer arresting you?

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    You are not alone. I consider myself a "gun toating democrat". I am not a strict party-line voter, but find myself overall more aligned with democrats. Guns are an important issue, but not the only one. Neither are they the only civil right i care about. And lately, republicans have a particular bad record on civil rights.

What is your right to bear arms worth if you can be arrested without warrant? Would you shoot a police officer arresting you?
    Two things you never discuss....politics and religion...and this is a concealed carry forum...SO I will respectfully decline in this conversation.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

if theres a riot the red triangles go up under the "no tresspassing" signs. if there isn't then i eat doughnuts and drink a beer.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links