Possible upcoming riots

This is a discussion on Possible upcoming riots within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been listening to the news. A few items are worth noting. 1. There is a group out there called Recreate 68. They are ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible upcoming riots

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Possible upcoming riots

I have been listening to the news. A few items are worth noting.

1. There is a group out there called Recreate 68. They are planning on rioting at the Democratic convention in Denver

2. Several Democratic party leaders are talking about riots should certain candidates NOT get the nomination.

Best case scenario, people are just blowing smoke.
    Mid case scenario, there are riots in Denver like Chicago in 1968.
    SHTF scenario this is a national phenomena.

Is anyone worried? Preparing more than usual?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Worried, heck no...I figure the more democrats fight amongst themselves, the better off the country will be as a whole.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Administrator
    I'll watch it on TV.
    Make Mental Note To Self: Buy Popcorn & Junior Mints.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Don't reckon there's enough people around here where I'm livin to make much of a riot. Maybe in the city a little, not out here where I am.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I'm 2 hours south of Denver and my town rarely sees much significant crime. If the monkeys start to mess in their cage, all I can say is
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Both Rush and hannity have covered this group in months past. Theoir whole objective is to recreate the chaos and rioting of the 1968 Democratic convention. One of their big supporters is supposedly the nutcase professor Ward Churchill.

On Rush's show today an insurance agent in Denver called in to remind all of the business and property owners that most of the policies they hold on their property does not cover damages caused by civil unrest, but only acts of God.

I'll be willing to bet that one phone call will spur some brisk gun sales in Denver.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

00000000000000HH well, as said above the more the democrats look foolish & create havoc, the better for McCain at the voting booth in November.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    The "Reverends" Al Sharpton & Jessie Jackson have got to be salivating about this. It gives them a purpose.

Administrator
    It might make watching the news worthwhile again. The dark and evil side of me hopes they do cause a big ole riot, it might be fun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm not a big fan of riots, myself. But a large protest would be nice to see.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Well at least we know they will be unarmed This is nothing new, liberal dems have been rioting for years in places like Frisco, oh wait, thats the gay pride parades, theyre alot different

Ahh the true face of the gun crowd. I was starting to like it around here. <comment deleted>

Edit: Sorry that is a generalisation, exactly what I was complaining about. But seriously, aren't there any other tolerant, moderate folks who own guns?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmit Smoke View Post
    Ahh the true face of the gun crowd. I was starting to like it around here. <comment deleted>

Edit: Sorry that is a generalisation, exactly what I was complaining about. But seriously, aren't there any other tolerant, moderate folks who own guns?
    We have all kinds of members here, and despite the spirited debates and bantering back and forth, most seem to be very rational, nice people of all flavors. I dont think we have any primates as members here, but I'm pretty close to one myself. We as a group, are very tolerant of others, we just dont like one small minority of society; those who are criminal and would be out causing riots.
    "Just blame Sixto"

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmit Smoke View Post

Interesting considering you are the only one to use those terms, causing a whole string of edits that had to be done to those responding to you.

I'm thinking that by referring to our members as "the gun crowd" and asking, "aren't there any other tolerant, moderate folks who own guns?" that you are not a gun owner and are here to cause trouble. You have accomplished that so now I will now encourage you to go elsewhere by revoking your membership. I also recommend you take a critical look at yourself in the mirror. You really are what you are accusing other people of being....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Interesting considering you are the only one to use those terms, causing a whole string of edits that had to be done to those responding to you.

I'm thinking that by referring to our members as "the gun crowd" and asking, "aren't there any other tolerant, moderate folks who own guns?" that you are not a gun owner and are here to cause trouble. You have accomplished that so now I will now encourage you to go elsewhere by revoking your membership. I also recommend you take a critical look at yourself in the mirror. You really are what you are accusing other people of being....
    Thanks...

(for revoking his...not mine...)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links