Bounty hunter

This is a discussion on Bounty hunter within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi first post here. im a avid 10-22 nut and was refered here by a ccw friend. plan to get my CCW when the money ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bounty hunter

Bounty hunter

Hi first post here. im a avid 10-22 nut and was refered here by a ccw friend. plan to get my CCW when the money is available. Im a computer tech at a 501c3 company so i dont make alot. Have a Colt .38s and plan on picking up a XD9. I have been lurking a good while but enough of me hopefully you can calm my thoughts about this.

Ok to somthing that bugged the hell out of me i was watching TRU tv channel on Bounty hunters. They were chasing a bounty that had skipped cali into Nevada(where i live) and came to this house. When they had got to it they knocked on the door and put their foot in the door as a sort of drugged out guy opened it. He refused to let them enter without a warrent and that the person they were looking for was not there. To which they had stated they did not need one as they pushed their way in slowly. The guy had mentioned that he would get his dogs. And this shorter bounty hunter slammed him against the wall by his neck threatning him that he would use leathal force. The guy pushed him aside and took off out of the house running down the street to which the hunters said "he probly had a warnt out for him" They did find the man in the house and took him in(he had a broken ankle so he did not resist)
    Afterwords the short hunter explained that as a bounty hunter he did not requre a warrent (which some of this i missed because my wife was shouting at the tv) then explained about the assalient giving up some rights as a bail or somthing. It was not the bountys house

So i have been very bugged about this. If they get some wrong info (the bounty hunters) or they stop at the wrong adress, it might be them at my door. I live in a duplex so hell they might just get the adress but not the number or letter like i live in a "B"

I have thought about this a ton. If my wife was there i would yell at her to call 911 and would try to tell them to wait till the police arrived and hope that the police would help me keep them at bay. I have no drug problems and nothing to hide but i dont like the idea of having my house searched.

The senario which i fear the most is if my wife wasnt home and i did not have a phone in my hand at the door. Those guys looked nothing like LEO and how the hell do i really know that they are who they say they are. I am very shur at that point a fight would break out to keep them out. or hell i dont know what would happen it could be some BG posing as bounty hunters to come in and rob me or worse.

what you guys think. am i just a bit paranoid about this senario i would say they can call the LEO to get in but they forced themself into this house on tv

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'd treat a bounty hunter trying to catch someone skipping bail the same as any other home intruder. They have no special rights.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Don't open the door, call the cops A.S.A.P, and if they break in shoot them.

Lead Moderator
    I think the chances of them coming into your house are low. Usually they do research a bit into where someone is/ contacts /friends ect. If it does happen , use your own discretion in dealing w/ home invaders.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    It depends on whether the bounty hunter displays his CCW badge.

Sounds like an ordinary home invasion. Defend your home as you see fit.

VIP Member
    My sentiments is my home will not be entered without a warrent, unless I invite the person in. If they attempt to force their way in they do so at their own risk.

I know we have at least 1 bail agent on the forum, I would like to hear thier thoughts on the subject.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Sounds like the guy was full of a certain matter that comes from the backside of a bull.

Many times on "reality" tv shows, people are playing to the camera so that they can feed their own egos. Sadly, these idiots are not usually a true representation of the real profesionals in their industry.

My thoughts on what I would do? Well, my states does not allow bounty hunting. So they have the rights of any other criminal trying to enter my home. Flee and be arrested later, wait calmly and be arrested, or lie on the floor bleeding and wait for the coroner.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Administrator

That is pretty much true.
    They do not need a warrant to enter a home that houses a wanted fugitive.

They do not even need to knock. They can just crash the door and go right in.

That is because they are going after people that are already guilty of a felony which is skipping on their bail & is a fugitive from justice.

So...the BGs they are hunting are not innocent until proved guilty...the fact that they skipped is legal evidence of their guilt. They are already guilty.

Note:
    When they get their bail money from the bail bondsman they sign a legal document where they waive any and all constitutional rights that they would normally have as an innocent citizen just being arrested or awaiting trial.

They have to sign that or they don't get the money.

We have some lawyers here that can tell me if I got anything wrong and they can feel free to elaborate or correct anything that i Whoops! got wrong.

But, that is the gist of it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

NO ONE...no one...no one, is going to enter my home WITHOUT a warrant, or my permission...
    That is my only 'home visitation' policy!

I might add that the chances of a bounty hunter making a visit to my home is almost non-existent.

Stay armed...protect the castle...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I really do not wish to offend any bail agents...

I watch dog the bounty hunter from time to time and hey if you enjoy busting crime in a mullet thats ok by me.

ok i may not be funny on that aspect but fuigured if your a bail agent you would get a small chuckle out of that. It is a dangerious job and i would not be able to do it. and i do not want to steriotype my senerio to all bounty hunters as i saw that on the TV. I was just not that fond of the comments made by that paticular one and if that situation would to ever arive at my house i would not want to shoot anyone but if two guys were forcing their way into my house i would not know what in paticular to do, besides try to defend myself.

I believe they can enter his home of record without any invite but unless they see the individual enter another residence IE "hot pursuit"they can't force their way in you're house,and they block my door i will tell call the cops.Some of these prima donnas think they have the right to exceed the scope of what they can legally do.I watched this short lived show called Wife,mom,bounty hunter and this lady is talking like she's an expert then on one show they are in the desert for firearms training,this lady had never fired a shotgun or rifle in her life and probably bought her pistol just before she became a bounty hunter.Bounty hunters can get arrested for breaking the law too.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

1943 - 2009
    Go here for a good discussion on bounty hunters:

Bounty hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A bounty hunter's authority derives from an 1872 Supreme Court decision, which has never been overturned.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I don't do the things that people do to get them in that place where a bounty hunter would be looking for them. If someone tries to force their way in my home, I'm going to respond as a home invasion, plain and simple. We will sort the details out later. I understand they have a job to do but they are only doing it for money. That doesn't make them better then anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBeamon View Post
    Those guys looked nothing like LEO and how the hell do i really know that they are who they say they are.

am i just a bit paranoid about this senario i would say they can call the LEO to get in but they forced themself into this house on tv
    If I cannot quickly determine that someone is either (a) known to me or (b) legitimate law enforcement, then any forcible attack on me or mine (as evidenced by violent intrusion into my home) will be met appropriately.

Paranoid? Only if forcible intrusions aren't likely. And yet, I see them reported nearly daily, in my local news. Paranoid? I think not.

Doesn't really matter who the unknown intruders are. Unjustified forcible violence against me or mine is what it is. If they end up having a business card from some company in the bails, bonds and bounties industry, I don't see how that's relevant to the crimes just committed against me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Go here for a good discussion on bounty hunters:

Bounty hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A bounty hunter's authority derives from an 1872 Supreme Court decision, which has never been overturned.
    This covers their butt. They don't go to the wrong house since the subject is already under observation. They can't just break into any house legally.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links