Finally found a use for night sights! - Page 2

Finally found a use for night sights!

This is a discussion on Finally found a use for night sights! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Didn't know if I should post this or not, but here goes... Looks like the guy I got in a fight with has died, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Didn't know if I should post this or not, but here goes...

Looks like the guy I got in a fight with has died, and they are not sure if it's from the injuries he had before we (EMS, Police, Fire), got there, or from the beating he got. Autopsy results will take a while.

I personally only dislocated his shoulder, so I know that didn't kill him. And I can't recall it really being that bad. It was more just holding him down so the Police could cuff him.

It probably wouldn't be so bad, but in the fight I had last year the guy died also. This is gonna be a fun week.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

I have several comments that should be said however, I will refrain due to the non-PC nature of them.. nothing towards the good guys.. simply the BG.

My friend is a paramedic and maybe 6' 160 lbs.. not the strong scrawny type either... His partner is female. They both have tasers and have had to use them in each others defense. I told him he needs some roids.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SGCasey View Post
    What happened to "scene safety, BSI"? Glad you're OK.
    It looked safe to me. The guy was barely concious, we were thinking he was postictal (coming out of a seizure), which would explain him going nuts in the first place.

Who knows...

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by monky View Post
    I have several comments that should be said however, I will refrain due to the non-PC nature of them.. nothing towards the good guys.. simply the BG.

My friend is a paramedic and maybe 6' 160 lbs.. not the strong scrawny type either... His partner is female. They both have tasers and have had to use them in each others defense. I told him he needs some roids.
    No need to be PC here. I used to feel bad for my past, but after a lot of self-therapy I realized, they were all bad and had it coming sooner or later.

Well i'm moving to Florida (Kissimmee, Orlando area) in about 4 weeks, so i'll find out if i'm okay for a pistol and a taser is a great idea.

Don't know why I never thought of it before, and I have never seen EMS with one.

Still just baffling to me though. When has EMS ever been called to hurt someone?

Stupid people...

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I put scotchlite strips on my black gat for the very same reason, after losing one in tall grass one night while running to a building alarm and tripping in a hole.
    That's a great idea.

Gonna hit Home Depot tonight.

Thanks!

Senior Moderator
    There have been many a night that I have rolled over and enjoyed the steady glow of my Wilson Combat tritiums.

I once opened my eyes in the middle of the night and found I had PERFECT sight alignment without so much as having to take a deep breath.

It's comforting to know that I can be roused from the dead of sleep and find my gun without so much as one small fumble. All I have to do is let those three little glowing dots guide me right in.

Glad you weren't hurt any worse and very good that you found your gun!!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
    Didn't know if I should post this or not, but here goes...

Looks like the guy I got in a fight with has died, and they are not sure if it's from the injuries he had before we (EMS, Police, Fire), got there, or from the beating he got. Autopsy results will take a while.

I personally only dislocated his shoulder, so I know that didn't kill him. And I can't recall it really being that bad. It was more just holding him down so the Police could cuff him.

It probably wouldn't be so bad, but in the fight I had last year the guy died also. This is gonna be a fun week.
    Duuuuuude.....

Bad juju there. Good luck.

I had a feisty patient last week. Acting crazy, swinging at EMTs, other good stuff. 5 mg of Haldol turned him into a cupcake. They should give out belt buckle holsters with that stuff. First time I'd used it. Very impressive.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

me
    No Old ABCs on this call, Always Bring Clipboard to hit him with. I have often debated whether or not to carry when On duty for EMS, Never have intentionally carried while on duty but then again we transport to the VA semi Regularly.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I miss oxygen therapy... D or E right up side the head...

I did single handed take in a large man 6'7" 310 to a psych ward in a two man squad (my partner drove) when we got there they floor nurse went into shock - this patient had never been brought in with under 4 medics and 5 Leos - I had him sitting up and chatting sipping a coffee (oops - not allowed ) it got the job done and I put myself on report

glad you're ok = good luck with the move

Update:

Looks like I am in the clear, again. No charges against me or the cops.

Thanks for everyone's kind words.

you remember that gadget they have where you could whistle for your lost keys? wonder if they make it the size for guns....marketing idea...i'll take 10% if anyone uses it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links