What would you do?--Wife Assaulted by Juvenile

This is a discussion on What would you do?--Wife Assaulted by Juvenile within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; this day and age...you have to watch for video cameras, cell phone camera, etc..before you know it, your beating of this 'innocent CHILD' asking you ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What would you do?--Wife Assaulted by Juvenile

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    this day and age...you have to watch for video cameras, cell phone camera, etc..before you know it, your beating of this 'innocent CHILD' asking you for 'directions', or informing your wife she sat on a milk dud is on youtube, and you are in jail, while he is on the oprah, ellen circuit with his buddy that filmed it, asking for money to pay his psych bills, from the mental anguish you put him through.
    Last edited by snowdoctor; May 27th, 2008 at 09:29 AM.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    my wife would have taken care of the butt grabbing herself, she's been taught the same stuff I have, the little jerk would have been in pain

as for the kid getting in my face....ain't happening...I wouldn't let him get in my face...I have a long reach
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

My wife would have clocked him on the spot so hard he'd still be crying about it. Years ago in downtown seattle a group of five or six teen girls threatened her as she was entering a store she turns on them and says in her quiet voice "Really? I'll carve you up and serve you up for dinner. They turned tail and were gone. Had they touched her she would have kept her promise. If I had to act he have understood the word horror from pain he had never imagined possible without a single mark on him.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

At some point in time you have to say to Hell with the consequences and do what you think is best. If backhanding is called for, deliver a a good solid one. If you are always worried about what may happen when you use a little force you had better never draw your lethal weapon.
    Where all men think alike few men think at all

incidents like this (and the other "groped wife" thread) are the reason I've make it a point to teach some simple empty-hand skills to the girls I've dated for any length of time.

That way she can whip his ass and not get in trouble like I would if I were to do so
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

In my state, what he did was "battery" by definition, and it opens up the door to many, many painful things that I could not otherwise do to a juvenile, legally.

The only delimma I would have would be wondering what single move I could make that would cause the most possible pain in one blow.
    I'll take a .45 and a large side of JHPs, please.

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_gorilla View Post

The only delimma I would have would be wondering what single move I could make that would cause the most possible pain in one blow.
    step on his foot and push...he goes, his foot stays (gee...I just tried to push him away from my wife...I don't know how his ankle got shattered ).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

bae
    I think my wife would have "corrected" his behaviour and attitude issues fairly swiftly by herself...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    Just thought of this, it did happen to me a few years ago. My wife and I were walking out of the movies to our truck. About half way there two kids about 11-13years old came up to us and started making remarks on how hot my wife is. At first is was but then one of them grabbed her a$$. I told them enough and to get out of here. This is when it got to the point I wasn't sure how to proceed. One gets up into my face and starts pressing against me(I am 6' 200lbs work out a lot so no fat). This kid was skinny probably 75-100lbs. His friend or brother told him lets go.... that man is gonna kick your a$$. Well they did leave after another min or two. Now what would you have done? I wanted to push him to the ground but being a kid didn't know what to do. Do you think a little OC would have been appropriate?
    Not sure what I would do, but I would be in jail next day.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    If some punk grabbed me, he'd get the biggest slap in the face I could deliver. I would expect my husband to stay safely out of the way unless the second kid decided he wanted a slapping, too.

If someone grabbed my husband's ass, I'm not sure what I would do... after I peeled myself off the ground from laughing so hard.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lets not forget that groups of children have been known to pick fights and escalate them farther and faster than many expect. Their individual size is much less significant than the groups over-all size.
    God, country, family.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Lets not forget that groups of children have been known to pick fights and escalate them farther and faster than many expect. Their individual size is much less significant than the groups over-all size.
    It depends on your mind set and one's capability is. If you let the people get by with this, you only encourage the punks.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    Some little puke assaults my wife?

I'll probably get to ride in the back of a police car!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Had a guy years ago on a Sunday afternoon, when my wife was the receptionist that day, trying to pick up his stuff without having the money. He became verbally abusive, called her a f------ b---- several times. I wasn't there initially, 'til she came back with tears in her eyes and told me to please get him (and his trashy girlfriend and her mother) to leave.

I went out front and told him (with finger tapping his chest) to get out right now from my business, or he'd be hurting for it. The older female tried to start talking smack, at which point I told them to all clear out. The guy said a few more things (he was about 5'9" and maybe 150 lbs, I'd guess), and I told him that if I heard him say one more thing to my wife, I was gonna hurt him. As he walked out of the door, he looked directly at my wife, said the same two words again, enunciating, and smiled real big.

Now, I didn't carry back then (probably good), but I was 34 years old, and I'm an ex-infantry 6'5", and around 250 lbs. I completely came unglued. I walked out behind him, picked him up with both hands by the neck, and slammed him into the windshield of the batcrap mobile they were in so hard it busted the glass and broke his pathetic pimp daddy gold chain. I was choking this punk to death, and he was blue. I have to admit, I've never felt the DESIRE to harm another person like I wanted to harm him...

Almost ashamed of it now, but the only thing that saved this kid was that my wife whispered in my ear (as the mother/daughter team tried to move my fingers) that I'd go to jail, and he wasn't worth it. I let him up, only after continuing the pressure and whispering to him that I'd kill him if I ever saw him again. The females talked a good game about calling the law and a lawsuit, but when I whipped out my cell and started calling 911, while telling them that the local law and mayor were major clients, they got in the car and left. Whew! Mother came back next day to settle their business and get their property, didn't say a peep and never came back.

I have prayed for years to let go of the animus I still harbor for that guy, but I guess it's a work in progress... like me. Anyhow, long way around to say I understand your frustration and inclinations. You're a better man for NOT giving in to your first instincts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links