Could have drawn, but didn't - Page 3

Could have drawn, but didn't

This is a discussion on Could have drawn, but didn't within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good situational awareness and remaining calm. I think your next purchase should be a door magnet that reads" "I deliver the news, not try to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could have drawn, but didn't

Good situational awareness and remaining calm.

I think your next purchase should be a door magnet that reads"

"I deliver the news, not try to make it. Please DON'T SHOOT!"
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sasomers View Post
    I did not enter the land with the intent to commit a crime, I was in the process of leaving, and I had a justifiable reason for making the mistake and was in the process of completing verifiable employment. At no point did I even exit my vehicle. The fact is that the man came at me using deadly force, which could have brought a much different response.
    To play devil's advocate...wonder how it would play out if you had drawn and the owner fired in "self defense"?

The Alaskan "coolness"...glad it worked out.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I am not sure how I understand this...

If you trespassed upon somebody's property, and he confronted you armed, and you drew and fired, I believe you would be going to jail for a very long time.

If you trespassed upon my property, there is a very good chance I would be holding a rifle or pistol when I confronted you, and I just can't think of a way for you to be legaly in the clear if you drew on me.

On a side note, I would not have wanted to be in your shoes when the other guy had a rifle...

Be careful out there.

So when people drive up, or come to your door you greet them with a rifle or pistol? Or are you talking about people just wandering around your property. Because this guy simply drove up accidently and was turning around...
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    So when people drive up, or come to your door you greet them with a rifle or pistol? Or are you talking about people just wandering around your property. Because this guy simply drove up accidently and was turning around...
    If someone comes on my property, I am well within my rights to greet them with a rifle or pistol or whatever I choose to greet them with. It is after all my property. I might just answer my door with a pistol on my hip, fully visible, or go around my property with the same pistol fully visible(usually not out front) that is perfectly legal.

The OP stated that he drove past a no trespassing sign before he was approached by the property owner. He also stated that those signs don't apply to him because he delivers papers to customers. Since this guy was apparently not a customer the sign obviously did apply to the OP.

Whether or not some may like it, it is perfectly legal in some places to walk around your property, or approach trespassers with a gun.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links