My bank was robbed - merged, updated & crime solved

This is a discussion on My bank was robbed - merged, updated & crime solved within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Defensive Arms People rarely get killed in bank robberies, UNLESS they do something stupid by attempting to resist under the wrong circumstances ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My bank was robbed - merged, updated & crime solved

Scripted...

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    People rarely get killed in bank robberies, UNLESS they do something stupid by attempting to resist under the wrong circumstances or at the wrong time. In most bank robberies, the perps are smart enough to know that the silent alarm has probably already gone off, so they're just trying to get the money and get the hell out fast.

They also know they're already been videotaped by the security cameras, so there's no need to kill anybody to keep the cops from getting a description of them.

In this type of situation, ESPECIALLY involving multiple perps, you MUST use your head at all times, or you and other innocents will very likely die. Often the best choice is not to shoot at all. Regardless of which action you select, choose wisely---very wisely.
    Have you seen my post about what the "EXPERTS" advise you to do? You make it sound like the only dead innocent people in bank robberies are the "foolish" ones.... so how do you explain people being executed in jewelry stores and other places that have highly valuable things where they also have silent alarms and cameras? How is this any different from a bank really?

When is the 'wrong time' to resist?

There is one video on liveleak that shows you several asian women, who ran a jewelry store, after full compliances with the 3 gunmen, were all executed before they left the store. In some situations, the clerks were shot BEFORE a demand was even made...

I hate to say it, but all I just read was pure speculation, as if you knew what was going to happen, like you "read" their game plan or something.... this is not scripted, this ain't a movie.

2. Remove Ads

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Can you imagine doing drawing practice while sitting in your car, as you suggested, and a LEO walks by or drives by? Oh hi officer, just practicing my fast draw in case I have to shoot a bad guy? Oh okay sir, I thought it was just that, not a problem, have a nice day........just kidding. Better to practice at home......
    I NEVER said you should practice drawing from your car while you're out in public.

I presumed common sense would tell anyone reading my previous post, that you practice in your car at home.

My driveway extends to the back of my house, and my backyard is enclosed by a tall wooden fence and gate.

I pull my car in back of the house, close the gate and practice.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    I'm drawing at the first chance I get after I see a weapon(period)
    If I happen to lose and get you killed, my bad!
    But you don't know they will hurt anyone
    You don't know they won't!
    The numbers matter and layout, but I'm not getting shot(or watch someone get shot) without trying to clear leather.
    If I get a chance, the first clue he will have is a burning hole in his chest!
    I think of spiderman he watched the BG run right past him to KILL his uncle in the street.( I know that's the movies but it happens).
    I was clearly talking about a bank robbery involving MULTIPLE armed perps. So it's much easier said than done when it comes to putting a "burning hole" in somebody's chest.

We're talking reality here, not "Spiderman" or "Dirty Harry".

If it becomes obvious the perps intend to harm people, then you should indeed draw your weapon and fire. But you should NEVER just draw your weapon and start firing the second you see someone with a gun, UNLESS they're about to shoot someone.

If you open fire in a crowded bank, there's a good chance YOU will kill innocent bystanders, or cause them to be killed. Also, in most states banks are "no carry" zones by law. So you'll be breaking the law by having a gun in there in the first place.

Trigger-happy CCers who just open fire at the first sight of a perp with a gun in a bank, will very likely find themselves being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. As well as being sued by those injured in the incident, and the families of any innocents who may have been killed.

Carrying a concealed weapon is a tremendous responsibility. If you ever draw your gun and fire, you better be ready to prove in a court of law that you had full justification to do so. THINK before you shoot.

Trigger-happy CCers who just open fire at the first sight of a perp with a gun in a bank, will very likely find themselves being prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. As well as being sued by those injured in the incident, and the families of any innocents who may have been killed.

Carrying a concealed weapon is a tremendous responsibility. If you ever draw your gun and fire, you better be ready to prove in a court of law that you had full justification to do so. THINK before you shoot.

I couldn't have said it better.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    Also, in most states banks are "no carry" zones by law. So you'll be breaking the law by having a gun in there in the first place.
    NOT in the State of Georgia... you can even OPEN carry to a privately owned bank.

Also, how would you know that death was imminent, when it only takes a fraction of a second for them to shoot you or another innocent person dead?

I guess that's the signal, when someone's brains are on the floor... you being half dead with a gun shot wound in the chest or some other 'sign' that serious harm/death was imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post

I couldn't have said it better.

Biker
    I have read about people being prosecuted because "their gun was too big."

DEFENSIVE ARMS: Read the "just kidding" part of my post :) You did not say your car at home, so I was engaging in bit of humor.......
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

UPDATE: My bank was robbed...

Five weeks ago I posted a thread about my bank being robbed, and what to do if one was inside when a robbery occurred. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ouse-bank.html

The same bank was robbed yesterday, perhaps by the same individual. STLtoday - ST. PETERS: 'Boonie Hat Bandit' robs another bank

I was in the bank a few weeks after the first robbery, and they still had no security guard present. From my perspective, nothing had changed. I have been able to limit my visits inside banks, but I haven't eliminated going inside yet. I guess I just need to try harder.

If it is the same guy, he sure seems brazen. Perhaps he figured if he did it once, he could do it again. They got a description of his car this time, though. If he keeps it up, he'll get caught. So far, the authorities attribute 10 robberies to him.

I don't want to rehash the options of what to do in a bank robbery, but I just wanted to give an update, and also a reminder that something like this could happen anytime. This bank went years without being robbed, so the odds of it happening twice in a short span of time were extremely small. Yet it happened.

Maybe he's having to work extra to keep paying his gas bill.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Grady, my friend, PLEASE sign up for online banking so you won't have to go into the bank!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Grady, my friend, PLEASE sign up for online banking so you won't have to go into the bank!
    It's hard to argue with that advice!

I've signed up for cable I-net...I bank 'on-line', now I only get robbed by the internet provider...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yep... on line banking, and ATM card for cash. I never see my bank.

However, "if" I were there, I would likely not do anything but watch. Bank robbers know they may encounter several people and want it to be low key and discrete (reason for notes being passed). They know they couldn't shoot all of the witnesses. It is not the normal form of robbery.

However... it they got carried away with themselves and seemed a real threat to life.... it would be a whole new matter.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Five weeks ago I posted a thread about my bank being robbed, and what to do if one was inside when a robbery occurred. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ouse-bank.html

The same bank was robbed yesterday, perhaps by the same individual. STLtoday - ST. PETERS: 'Boonie Hat Bandit' robs another bank

I was in the bank a few weeks after the first robbery, and they still had no security guard present. From my perspective, nothing had changed. I have been able to limit my visits inside banks, but I haven't eliminated going inside yet. I guess I just need to try harder.

If it is the same guy, he sure seems brazen. Perhaps he figured if he did it once, he could do it again. They got a description of his car this time, though. If he keeps it up, he'll get caught. So far, the authorities attribute 10 robberies to him.

I don't want to rehash the options of what to do in a bank robbery, but I just wanted to give an update, and also a reminder that something like this could happen anytime. This bank went years without being robbed, so the odds of it happening twice in a short span of time were extremely small. Yet it happened.

Maybe he's having to work extra to keep paying his gas bill.
    I hear of armed robbers sticking up the same places 2-3 times... one time here in Metro Atlanta one POS robbed a convenient store/ gas station with gardening tools... after the first attempt he was back again just after 2 days... with the same lame gardening stuff.

IMHO, people like that might as well rob the same places over and over, especially if those places make it so easy for them.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Administrator
    Statistically the majority of repeat bank robbers eventually do get caught.
    The ones that get away with it completely are few and far between.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Find a bank with a drive up.

My opinion for what it's worth (what you paid for it), banks and armour cars are a very soft target. I really find it hard to believe that they aren't robbed more.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links