Real-World Mall Scenarios to consider

This is a discussion on Real-World Mall Scenarios to consider within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree that asking a question of someone is fine. I carried two guns a couple of times. But acttimmy had the same question I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real-World Mall Scenarios to consider

I agree that asking a question of someone is fine. I carried two guns a couple of times. But acttimmy had the same question I had, just out of curiosity only, not being judgemental, purely curiosity.
    Last edited by dcb188; May 19th, 2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: typo, as usual
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I don't decide. I simply asked a question. A question, by the way, directed to someone else, not you.

Limas thread the case for weak side tools got me thinking. 2 guns, 4 knives, and 3 flashlights does seem like a little much to me, but I'm not bashing anyone. I just asked why.
    My family and friends think like you (even the one who is a cop). I agree that it could seem like too much (which is why 98 percent of the time I don't carry three guns, LOL), so I can understand you. In my previous post you can see why I do. If any of my non-CWP friends are with me, they could back me up. The scenarios are endless.

I guess you could say that I think that people who carry no extra ammo or pistols are under-prepared, but actually, they are just not prepared to respond to as many scenarios as I like to be (ie. zombies, vampires, aliens, ect, LOL).
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Saw a story about a LEO, and this kind of story is not the only one, where after a chase a BG got the LEOs gun, and fortunately it was the kind of gun that the BG did not know how to use, so he pulled the trigger a few times and nothing happened.
    So the LEO, on the ground after the initial struggle, pulled out his second gun and shot the BG before he figured out how to correctly use the service weapon.
    A lot of depts do not permit a second weapon for LEOS but I strongly disagree with that.
    I think I will start a thread about that......
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

VIP Member
    Well I'm not a LEO so I won't ever carry that much. I carry a revo and a speed loader, because I agree that more ammo is better than out of ammo. I think after reading Lima's thread I may invest in good a weak side knife. Thanks for the reply.

To the OP sorry for the hijack.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I try to bring my wife. She carries my BUG. She can even shoot it well if need be.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

If you have to take or make a call on your cellphone when you're at a mall, you need to do it INSIDE the mall. You're far less likely to be accosted inside, whereas the parking area presents the greater danger.

If you're walking across the parking lot or sitting in your car when you receive a call, don't answer and let your voice mail take the call. Go inside the mall and return the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    If you have to take or make a call on your cellphone when you're at a mall, you need to do it INSIDE the mall. You're far less likely to be accosted inside, whereas the parking area presents the greater danger.

If you're walking across the parking lot or sitting in your car when you receive a call, don't answer and let your voice mail take the call. Go inside the mall and return the call.
    sounds like excellent advice

I myself would not have that much stuff, BUT

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    2 guns, 4 knives, and 3 flashlights does seem like a little much to me
    When you DO THINK about it, you saying it
    s "a bit too much" is equivalent as a gun grabber calling carrying a glock to be "overkill" because it's semi auto, or a .357mag "cop killer" because it's a powerful gun... they demonise everything, but they just go a step further than others.

Once I heard a so called "2nd Amendment supporter" who was ON an important board of the NRA.... guess what he thinks "a little too much" means, just having a gun that can shoot more than 5 rounds, and anything beyond a 38special.... sounds like an wolf in sheep's clothing to me, even the braddy campaign loves to claim how much they "support" the 2nd Amendment and the right to self defense....

I would be more afraid of the mall ninja security force and its automatic weapons and golf carts with rocket launchers attached - just read "Shrine to the Mall Ninja". I still can't stop laughing. Sorry guys! Okay I am composed now. I don't have any problem with the amount of "hardware" a person carries. Staying alert and scanning for possible signs of trouble is more important than the amount of equipment that I have on me that day.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    I don't have any problem with the amount of "hardware" a person carries. Staying alert and scanning for possible signs of trouble is more important than the amount of equipment that I have on me that day.
    +1

But I do have a couple questions. One how much does all that "hardware" weigh, how do you hide it all? Batman utility belt? Two, how long does it take you to gear up in the morning?

B52
    We tend to stay away from the Malls' in Tucson, AZ. Both of them are a great places to get your car stolen or get robbed. We usually shop at Kohls or SteinMart. The Mall security is pretty funny there too, WalMart's security is much tougher,lol...

There have been several women disappear and end up dead in the last year in Florida Malls, some with their young kids with them. Less resistance by the BG if he threatens to kill their kid. All... at "posted" no gun zone malls.

Walmart parking lots , are spots where a lot of robberies, kidnappings, etc. have occurred. It's just not put in the more liberal papers around here, because (I'm sure) they do not want people "fearing" going to the store and they may arm themselves.

I had 2 guys, late at night, approaching me rather quickly out in the parking lot..... right at me..... and it was rather obvious what was coming down. I reached under my coat towards my gun (4 o'clock) and put my hand on it.... they quickly changed directions and left. Gun was never exposed, nor did they know if I really had something there or not.... but they obviously didn't want to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I had 2 guys, late at night, approaching me rather quickly out in the parking lot..... right at me..... and it was rather obvious what was coming down. I reached under my coat towards my gun (4 o'clock) and put my hand on it.... they quickly changed directions and left. Gun was never exposed, nor did they know if I really had something there or not.... but they obviously didn't want to find out.
    Had essentially the same thing happen to me, about 10yrs ago, in a grocery store parking lot about ~9pm at night. Actually drew the gun and suggested to the lead guy that he rethink his options. They disappeared very quickly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    When you DO THINK about it, you saying it
    s "a bit too much" is equivalent as a gun grabber calling carrying a glock to be "overkill" because it's semi auto, or a .357mag "cop killer" because it's a powerful gun... they demonise everything, but they just go a step further than others.

Once I heard a so called "2nd Amendment supporter" who was ON an important board of the NRA.... guess what he thinks "a little too much" means, just having a gun that can shoot more than 5 rounds, and anything beyond a 38special.... sounds like an wolf in sheep's clothing to me, even the braddy campaign loves to claim how much they "support" the 2nd Amendment and the right to self defense....
    I didn't say it was "a bit too much". When you put something in quotes it needs to be a quote. I don't have any problem with what the man carries. I asked him WHY he felt he needed to carry so much. So get off your high horse already.

I carry one gun that I'm 100% confident in and a reload. As I already posted above Lima's thread made me think about carrying a weak side knife. I don't feel the need to carry two firearms. I think carrying a dozen items or 40 pounds of gear is inconvenient, not evil or dangerous. It doesn't mean I'm going to vote Democrat so we can ban two gun carriers.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Our mall in south Orlando has a police sub station in the mall. I don't know how effective it is . They have quite a bit of trouble there and I use it very seldom especially at night.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links