Fondled date? - Page 2

Fondled date?

This is a discussion on Fondled date? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Woman here, thought I'd add something: If I was with my boy and some guy came up and tried to feel on me, I wouldn't ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fondled date?

Woman here, thought I'd add something: If I was with my boy and some guy came up and tried to feel on me, I wouldn't wait around for the boy to do anything. My reaction would depend on the severity of the offense

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FyrePhoenix View Post
    Woman here, thought I'd add something: If I was with my boy and some guy came up and tried to feel on me, I wouldn't wait around for the boy to do anything. My reaction would depend on the severity of the offense
    Reversing the first date question though. Would you tell your date your packing.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Reversing the first date question though. Would you tell your date your packing.
    Oh! No, I wouldn't.

This type of scenario happened to my Mom many years ago at like a Luby's cafeteria style restaurant. My Mom had a tray full of food and drink, and my Dad was following behind her. A man came up and groped my Mom, right in front of my dad and his parents. Being the sheeple they are they did nothing. All I could think of was - why didn't you dump your tray on him??? I learned early that I didn't want to be a sheeple...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

bae
    Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    What if its was your wife, make any difference??
    If it was my wife, I'd go find a mop to help clean up the mess that was left after she was done with him.

at the very least, I'd probably say something like "keep your _____ hands to yourself _____" (insert appropriate profanity). You know...just to defuse the situation.

In all seriousness, I don't know that I could just completely let something like that slide. The reason people do stuff like this is because they've probably never had anybody stand up to them.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    If it was my wife, I'd go find a mop to help clean up the mess that was left after she was done with him.
    Got that right. My wife would beat the living crap out of anyone who dared to touch her inappropriately. I'd just sit back and enjoy the show.

We went to the mall last weekend. As I was shoved this way and that way by people trying to get by (retail road rage) I started to think about the fact that anyone who carries really has to control their temper. Some loser who wants to cop a feel isn't really reason enough to draw, or even make known that you carry. If it went beyond that, well, I guess it depends on the situation.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Kenpotex you hit the nail right on the head.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Well, I guess I've avoided this thread long enough. Now I know why. Just reviewing the first chapter on this-------some sound like some real ticking time bombs walking the streets out there. Who in the world is going to pull their carry piece on some jerk copping a feel on their date? That's nuts in my book, and in my opinion, you've gone off the deep end if you're even thinking about doing something like that. It would appear that to some, a mere verbal confrontation is out of the question, and they look to play the trump card immediately. What's wrong with this? Are you in imminent danger or fear of your life? Are you crazy? Some of you might not know how to be tactful or resourceful with the public or your woman. There are so many training institutes for the concealed carry venue---I think it's time to find some schools for being a good sensible citizen and common sense 101. I have second thoughts about alot of things now and then, and when I hear of someone even thinking about drawing their weapon on some pathetic jerk or drunk copping a feel on their ol' lady--then I start second guessing walking the streets amongst you and your short tempers and itchy trigger fingers. 'Feelings' play no role when it comes to carrying and personal defense. Be better than that for everyone's sake will you?

Tough call. I'd let the bad guy get away with it, then explain using humor to calm the girl down. "Honey I love grabbing your butt, and it just doesn't seem fair to shoot a guy for liking your butt too." or something like that. So yes I would tell her at that time I was carrying. If the BG came around a second time I'd figure he was looking for more and bigger trouble. Then it would be time to draw my weapon.
    On a first date I'd never explain or disclose that I am carrying. Nobody needs to hear a word come out of my mouth about that. If you know I'm carrying, it's either accidental or you're looking down the wrong end of my pistol.
    In all seriousness, I don't know that I could just completely let something like that slide. The reason people do stuff like this is because they've probably never had anybody stand up to them.
    Some loser who wants to cop a feel isn't really reason enough to draw, or even make known that you carry. If it went beyond that, well, I guess it depends on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, I guess I've avoided this thread long enough. Now I know why. Just reviewing the first chapter on this-------some sound like some real ticking time bombs walking the streets out there. Who in the world is going to pull their carry piece on some jerk copping a feel on their date?
    Maybe I missed something here? But I didn't see anyone saying that they would.

Edit: heh, quick edit ramrod...but those quotes still don't say they would draw down just because of a grope.

Me either, not a single post that said they would even produce their weapon. Perhaps someone deleted those posts?

And no where in the Texas CHL course did we cover being walked over after you get your permit. I didn't let people get away with stuff like that before I got my CHL, I ain't going to change just because I have one.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I hate crowded situations. A gentlemanly thing is to walk between the female and the danger; i.e., curb side on sidewalk, etc. In crowds you cannot be all around.

As a kid I did witness a groping at Astroworld or Six Flags. The man pretended to trip and grabbed a females breast, there was apologies but then they went on their way.

What is your response if you are not carrying? There should be no difference in the response unless the threat is escalated.

Ram Rod -

You have to take everything in context. You only quoted part of what I said. Look at the sentence right before....

...I started to think about the fact that anyone who carries really has to control their temper.
    I would NEVER draw unless I or my wife were in serious danger, for example, if my wife was being attacked. That's a big difference from the original scenario. What I would do is let the fool know that I don't appreciate what he's doing. That is, if my wife doesn't do so first....
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    at the very least, I'd probably say something like "keep your _____ hands to yourself _____" (insert appropriate profanity). You know...just to defuse the situation.

You hit the nail on the head.

The last time I was in a similar situation, the lady, with several advanced belts, slammed the gropers nose into into hyperspace, which exploded in a cloud of bloody foam, at which point he ran off blindly screaming.

Her husband, a 6'4" 5th degree, went on the "hunt", but never found him. Too bad........

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well, I guess I've avoided this thread long enough. Now I know why. Just reviewing the first chapter on this-------some sound like some real ticking time bombs walking the streets out there. Who in the world is going to pull their carry piece on some jerk copping a feel on their date? That's nuts in my book, and in my opinion, you've gone off the deep end if you're even thinking about doing something like that. It would appear that to some, a mere verbal confrontation is out of the question, and they look to play the trump card immediately. What's wrong with this? Are you in imminent danger or fear of your life? Are you crazy? Some of you might not know how to be tactful or resourceful with the public or your woman. There are so many training institutes for the concealed carry venue---I think it's time to find some schools for being a good sensible citizen and common sense 101. I have second thoughts about alot of things now and then, and when I hear of someone even thinking about drawing their weapon on some pathetic jerk or drunk copping a feel on their ol' lady--then I start second guessing walking the streets amongst you and your short tempers and itchy trigger fingers. 'Feelings' play no role when it comes to carrying and personal defense. Be better than that for everyone's sake will you?
    I didn't see anything about folks drawing down? Although, that's not to say that if the verbal confrontation didn't go the way I expect it, that I wouldn't rip their arms out of socket like a wookie and beat them over the head with them.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links