Fondled date? - Page 3

Fondled date?

This is a discussion on Fondled date? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty Legally the guy just committed sexual battery,If it's a first date and she says hey that guy groped me I will ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fondled date?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Legally the guy just committed sexual battery,If it's a first date and she says hey that guy groped me I will say do you want the police called,If you have a CHL and get involved in a fight and people say you were the agressor you could lose you're CHL license,we are not cops we try to avoid confrontation,in that situation you have time to allow cops to do their job ,there are times that you will not have the ability to wait for LEO as it's a matter of life or death
    +1

I know a young man that is not an LEO, because something very similar occurred at a party -- w/o any weapons involved.

Cadet takes new girlfriend to party. Girl's ex-boyfriend shows up, gets drunk, gets into a argument with young Cadet's date. Ex-boy friend pushes girl. Cadet steps in and pushes ex-boyfriend. General pushing match between guys result. Others separate them before any real punches thrown.

In the meantime someone has called 911. LEOs show up. Ex-boyfriend sited for battery on girl (first to make unwarranted contact). Cadet sited for for battery on girl's ex (again first to make unwarranted contact). Whole thing gets treated as "domestic" -- girl & ex had been living together.

Both get a fine, anger management counseling, and community service. Cadet booted out of Academy.
    Last edited by DaveH; May 21st, 2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I know this thread is not about the cadet, but just as a side issue for a second, Dave H.
    Way too much action taken against cadet, Dave H, don't you think so? He pushed because ex-boyfriend pushed his girlfriend. Coming to defense of others? If I were on a jury I would vote NG if it got that far.
    But being booted out of the academy because he paid back a savage? Nope. Too harsh.
    They probably figured if he comes to someone's aid as a cadet, he might come to someone's aid as a LEO. And they wouldn't want that.
    This is what I mean about common sense being either a thing of the past or something that is kept under strict lock and key and hardly ever brought out in real scenarios.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

This is a typical scenario that you will certainly run into often when you are carrying. A simple conflict that could possibly escalate to something bigger if you stand up for yourself. It comes down to being the bigger person and disregarding the loser(s).

Once I was in the car when my wife was driving, a small incident turned into a rather heated road rage situation. At a red light, the guy pulled up next to us (because I was in the passenger side he was within spitting distance from me). He was on the verge of exiting his vehicle when I finally asked him to calm down.

From his looks, I figured I could take him apart, I'm no slouch at 6'2" 225 lbs. But with my pistol on my hip I simply could not allow it to escalate. Of course if he continued to pursue a physical conflict I would have taken it to the next level. But he backed off, I'm sure with relief too that he didn't have to tangle with a stranger that had 60 lbs on him.

In my opinion, if you do not have this type of self control you should not carry a deadly weapon.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

I agree. The gun is there if you MUST use it, not because you could use it or want to use it e.g. to teach someone a lesson even, just by displaying it.
    But if you must use it, then that is the only time you should.
    It doesn't take much these days for something really small to escalate to a major incident, as we all know from being on the roads. The slightest thing nowadays is enough to set someone off.
    Driving or walking, I am hardly aware that I even AM carrying. I have seen a couple of road rage incidents where I was not even consciously thinking about the SP101 in my pocket, it never occurred to me because we were not even approaching the zone of possible use.
    But it is there in case I must use it.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Advise the perp in a calm, clear voice to keep his hands off your female companion, or you'll call the cops. It's highly doubtful he'll attempt it again. If by chance he does, you report the incident immediately to the theatre manager, and call the cops.

What you do NOT want to do is say something like "Hey pal, I've got a gun. Don't do that again!" And you darn sure don't want to draw on him, unless he violently attacks you or your companion.

It's highly doubtful this type of situation would escalate to the point where you would need a gun. Some loser trying to "cop a feel" at a movie theatre, isn't likely to "go psycho" if he's simply told to cease and desist.

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    It doesn't take much these days for something really small to escalate to a major incident, as we all know from being on the roads. The slightest thing nowadays is enough to set someone off.
    Ain't that the truth. Blame it in what you will (movies, TV, news, etc.), but we've become a very violent society. Most Americans won't admit it though.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Cakewalk: Exactly. The worst part about it is that it is the very FIRST thing a lot of folks think of as their first option when things don't go their way.
    They never duke it out, they don't exchange words, they resort to violence as a first response. This is what makes them so dangerous and unpredictable. You can get shot by looking at someone the wrong way. Unreal.
    Mr Ruger and I take all our trips, local and long, together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakewalk View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Blame it in what you will (movies, TV, news, etc.), but we've become a very violent society. Most Americans won't admit it though.
    True.

However, there would be a lot less violence if the judicial system was doing its job and keeping the scumbags in jail, rather than giving them repeated slaps on the wrist for serious crimes.

At least half of all new felonies committed each year are perpetrated by individuals who ALREADY have a felony conviction on their records. Keep felons in prison for a long time, where they belong.

And the parole boards are doing their best to give unrehabilitated individuals the opportunity to start over again, committing new crimes, that is.

And the parole boards are doing their best to give unrehabilitated individuals the opportunity to start over again, committing new crimes, that is.
    Parole boards are part of the same system, and the system isn't working.

People need to contact their state and local legislators, and politely demand real solutions.

Hmm... What to do, what to do?

Grope the guy back yourself, make a couple of kissy faces at him and thank him for showing interest. Chances are, he'll be out of there fast.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

That is the best one yet, I have to hand it to you. Groping the guy to see how he likes it .And if he does like it, you're in trouble :)

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    Parole boards are part of the same system, and the system isn't working.

People need to contact their state and local legislators, and politely demand real solutions.

You're kidding, right? Getting real solutions to our criminal justice fiasco would put those very same bureaucrats out of a job. I mean, how could they get us to continue voting for them without some "crisis" that requires more taxes and loss of freedom to "fix."

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast

Actually, there is NO incentive for any of them to reform the system. It just does not affect them on a daily basis except in a positive way.

Actually, there is NO incentive for any of them to reform the system. It just does not affect them on a daily basis except in a positive way.
    +1

And that is what we call an incentive to CREATE additional problems...

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links