Fondled date? - Page 5

Fondled date?

This is a discussion on Fondled date? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Footslogger This is all pure speculation. You seem to think that trying to hurt someone will deescalate a potentially violent situation, and ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fondled date?

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    This is all pure speculation. You seem to think that trying to hurt someone will deescalate a potentially violent situation, and I think that (especially when carrying a deadly weapon) violence is an absolute last resort.

I agree entirely that this isn't the movies... In fact, being that my method is a completely un-exciting real world approach, I'm not sure what you mean...

No I was simply pointing out that doing NOTHING can escalate the situation as well. Yes it is speculation, but then again that is why it is a scenario. That is why the OP asked.. what if. Everyone throws in their if this happens, if this happens, if this happens..etc, so why not throw in my own.. what if!

The point of it all being.. everyone is going to handle it differently. I have a little sister who I love dearly and can't see nearly enough since she is across the country.. I'd be damned if she was accosted in public with whoever she was dating and he did nothing.

Behavior like that, and most behavior that has become common place is disturbing. There are too many in the US and they always outnumber the dogs.

I won't allow that kind of action in my presence of anyone I am with. I don't think it is tolerable and I certainly think that a lasting impression needs to be left with the perp. An eye for an eye. Not writing 'i will not do this again' 500 times on the chalkboard, the paddle has always been a better deterrant.

As far as carrying a deadly weapon, I am well aware what is on my hip, but that does not mean I would have to take that crap. My reaction would be the same, if I did not carry. I still would not tolerate that kind of behavior, no one should. It is disturbing, disrespectful, and uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    This is all pure speculation. You seem to think that trying to hurt someone will deescalate a potentially violent situation, and I think that (especially when carrying a deadly weapon) violence is an absolute last resort.

I agree entirely that this isn't the movies... In fact, being that my method is a completely un-exciting real world approach, I'm not sure what you mean...
    I agree with you. Report the incident to the theater manager. Any further incidents, call the police.

Don't be a "macho man" and try to physically retaliate.

Speaking of "this isn't the movies", a lot of those wrist/joint/finger manipulations that work so perfectly in old Steve Seagal reruns, don't always work so hot in real life.

Try to put one of those allegedly "incredibly effective techniques" on a 260 lb. gangbanger, and you'll very likely get your face punched in. Even if you get lucky and are able to subdue him, gangbangers don't usually travel alone, so his four buddies you didn't know were with him will be happy to give you a serious beatdown.

Common sense, situational awareness and reporting problems immediately to the proper authorities, will do you a lot more good than a "macho man" attitude and lame martial arts moves.

Quote Originally Posted by monky View Post
    No I was simply pointing out that doing NOTHING can escalate the situation as well. Yes it is speculation, but then again that is why it is a scenario. That is why the OP asked.. what if. Everyone throws in their if this happens, if this happens, if this happens..etc, so why not throw in my own.. what if!

The point of it all being.. everyone is going to handle it differently. I have a little sister who I love dearly and can't see nearly enough since she is across the country.. I'd be damned if she was accosted in public with whoever she was dating and he did nothing.

Behavior like that, and most behavior that has become common place is disturbing. There are too many in the US and they always outnumber the dogs.

I won't allow that kind of action in my presence of anyone I am with. I don't think it is tolerable and I certainly think that a lasting impression needs to be left with the perp. An eye for an eye. Not writing 'i will not do this again' 500 times on the chalkboard, the paddle has always been a better deterrant.

As far as carrying a deadly weapon, I am well aware what is on my hip, but that does not mean I would have to take that crap. My reaction would be the same, if I did not carry. I still would not tolerate that kind of behavior, no one should. It is disturbing, disrespectful, and uncalled for.
    that's why you call LEO you physically assault somebody for groping and you are the one going to jail unless he continues to grope her,the way most laws read is you have the right to use force to stop an attack not punish somebody after the fact,and if convicted of battery you will very likely lose you're ability to carry a concealed weapon
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    that's why you call LEO you physically assault somebody for groping and you are the one going to jail unless he continues to grope her,the way most laws read is you have the right to use force to stop an attack not punish somebody after the fact,and if convicted of battery you will very likely lose you're ability to carry a concealed weapon
    Bingo!

If some dirtbag just comes by and gives her a quick pinch on the butt and walks away, if you decide to play "Prince Valiant" and slug the guy---you've just committed an assault and battery. That's a violent misdemeanor, which is grounds for having your concealed permit revoked in many states.

Get a girl from the south, then she'll kick his butt while you go get the popcorn and drinks for the movie. I would say a TX girl, but here in Dallas they would be afraid their silicone would burst.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Just out of curiosity...

To those that said they won't do anything except report the incident, how do your wives/GFs feel about the fact that you are willing to watch them be sexually assaulted and not do anything, or even say anthing about it?

another question...do they have permission to protect themselves or are we going to stick with "don't do anything to tick off the "bad guy" who wanted to cop a feel?"

BTW: RamRod, chill brother...I never said anything about drawing a weapon on the guy.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    Just out of curiosity...

To those that said they won't do anything except report the incident, how do your wives/GFs feel about the fact that you are willing to watch them be sexually assaulted and not do anything, or even say anthing about it?

another question...do they have permission to protect themselves or are we going to stick with "don't do anything to tick off the "bad guy" who wanted to cop a feel?"

BTW: RamRod, chill brother...I never said anything about drawing a weapon on the guy.
    Responding with violence is what I would avoid until required, and because my wife is an adult she would prefer it that way.

Those that claim to drop the punk with one shot or some magical wrist lock are dreaming. Also, I bet that *most* women are turned off by grown men fighting.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

I like the idea, seriously, of groping the guy back in front of anyone and asking how he likes it. Who was the one who said that, was it you, KenpoTex?
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

I would push it!
    More then likely to far
    You put your hands on mine in a rude manner, I will return the favor!
    If he wants to consider this a learning experience and leave with a cracked jaw, so be it.
    If he pushes it , or wants to press charges, we will cross that road when we get there,and I'm game for whatever!!
    The more I think about it, I would hit him.
    Or like we call it down here, apply an attitude adjustment!!

ETA:dcb there will be no grabbing of the same sex unless it is to supply some SMACKDOWN!!
    Touching me in my bad place will get someone jacked just as fast
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

cdwolf, you already know what I'm going to say, so I won't say it :)
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Armed OR Unarmed, avoiding confrontation is always best.

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    So obviously carrying makes you want to avoid confrontation forcing us (when Im old enough) to let things roll off our backs at times but what would you do in this situation?

Say its a first date, you really like the girl (doesn't really apply to guys) and want to make a good impression, you are carrying at the time. Your walking in a crowded theater or mall or whatever and some guy sneaks a feel or grope.

Do you just ignore it???? What if its was your wife, make any difference??

What if she gets mad that you didn't do anything? Explain and disclose that you are carrying?
    Me being armed or unarmed would make no difference in the way how I perceive things... if it does, then you most likely had false confidence because being armed can lead someone to become MORE complacent, thinking that they could go places or be in citations they would rather not if unarmed.

In that situation you had described, I would not car if I looked like a wimp, but only the safety of myself and a 3rd party. So I believe that moving away while calling 911 to report sexual assault (Sexual assault is a crime. It involves sexual contact, such as kissing, touching, fondling and intercourse, without consent.) is the best thing and displaying a weapon should NOT be done to scare anyone off unless they posed a threat to life and limb.

No displaying of a weapon unless you really have to but in this situation the guy should be groped back and asked how he likes to be groped the way he just groped your girlfriend, loudly enough for others to hear. No weapon.
    But letting these people get away with what they do is why they do it and why they will always keep doing it. And we are always worried about them sueing us etc when they should be the ones saying gee, can't I behave myself in society? We ask the questions afterwards but it is time they were immediately chastized for doing the things they do in public.
    They are the bad guys, not us. We need to focus on them, not us.
    Or even if we do not make physical contact, we can holler out hey what is the groping for, were you aiming for ME and missed??
    They are not held accountable by anyone, and so they continue to harrass citizens who are minding their own business.
    Last edited by dcb188; May 22nd, 2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Some material better on other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    I like the idea, seriously, of groping the guy back in front of anyone and asking how he likes it. Who was the one who said that, was it you, KenpoTex?
    nope, not me...the only reason I would "grope" back would be if I was going to forcibly remove something.

Seriously, As I said before, I think my initial response would be to say (loud enough for bystanders to hear) "Keep your hands off my wife/GF/whatever." This accomplishes two things; first, it "informs" the witnesses that this guy, and not me, is the one that is causing the problem. Second, it puts him on notice that such behavior is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. If he chooses to push the issue at this point, then I will be defending me and mine as opposed to "assaulting" some random punk.

Now if this situation were to occur in a place where there were no witnesses, my initial response would probably be a little more decisive and decidedly more hostile.

Regardless, I WILL NOT "just let it go" because I don't want to make him mad or because I'm afraid of further problems.

I'm reminded of a couple of quotes, the first from The Duke:
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them" (from The Shootist)

and the second from Col. Cooper
    "Any man who is a man may not, in honor, submit to threats or violence." (from Principles of Personal Defense)
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I don't tolerate the abuse of women, regardless...

But, pulling a gun on someone for it is completely crazy. If my girl complained to me that said guy walking away copped a feel I would calmly explain to him in my most serious tone that this could be considered sexual harassment and I would like to inform the authorities of this matter unless he apologizes to my girlfriend.

If no apology, I call the police. Regardless if he is convicted of anything or not, hes going to have to go through alot of hassle regarding the issue, and his lesson may be learned.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    The more I think about it, I would hit him.
    If all the guy did was give her a quick pinch or pat, and walks away---if you haul off and punch him, you've just committed an assault and battery.

If you are arrested and convicted of assault and battery, in many states you will lose your right to carry concealed.

It's best to call the police and let them handle it.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links