Fondled date? - Page 6

Fondled date?

This is a discussion on Fondled date? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Defensive Arms If all the guy did was give her a quick pinch or pat, and walks away---if you haul off and ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fondled date?

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    If all the guy did was give her a quick pinch or pat, and walks away---if you haul off and punch him, you've just committed an assault and battery.

If you are arrested and convicted of assault and battery, in many states you will lose your right to carry concealed.

It's best to call the police and let them handle it.
    It would depend on witnesses and if he wanted to press charges, I will fight it in court, it's me and my wife stating to what level he assaulted her! If a judge decides I lose my permit thats one more thing I will deal with.. I will not walk around in fear of what might happen, if you put your hands on mine in my presence, I will return the gesture.

Most Pervs. BG's , thugs, will not involve the police! I will call them if I get into something I can't handle. A good right will take care of this problem! I think a good flogging will fix alot of these people, but we walk around scared!

If for some reason I lose my RIGHT to carry for defending my wife then so be it. Whatever the judge decides will be fine, but no matter what he says It will never be far away.. YMMV
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I'm utterly amazed at how long this thread has gone on. This shouldn't even be an issue. Carrying a gun for personal protection DOES NOT MAKE ONE A COP. Nor does it give you some amazing power or confidence that surpasses all other social woes, such that you would go out and pick a fight with someone because they inappropriately touch your wife/girlfriend for a brief instant just to get a thrill. This is really ridiculous.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakewalk View Post
    I'm utterly amazed at how long this thread has gone on. This shouldn't even be an issue. Carrying a gun for personal protection DOES NOT MAKE ONE A COP. Nor does it give you some amazing power or confidence that surpasses all other social woes, such that you would go out and pick a fight with someone because they inappropriately touch your wife/girlfriend for a brief instant just to get a thrill. This is really ridiculous.
    "Amazing power" no I don't think so. I would not even think about it if I was unarmed. This is not a need for a cop. This is a chance for you to stand up for your wife. What's ridiculous is you telling your wife " oh well" he just wanted a thrill. Please don't make a scene, I don't want any trouble.
    We are all products of our upbringing, and in MS I was taught a little different then you, obviously!!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

My question is, and be honest with yourself and everyone on this thread, what would you do if you weren't strapped?

I know there is a percentage who would still either nail the guy or say something, but I'm thinking it would be a small percentage. I mean, as far as I can tell, we are all adults here and these kinds of childish responses should have been left on the playground. Especially those of us who have served, that kind of crap just doesn't matter that much anymore, not to mention those who have seen combat. If your Wife/GF really knew you and *knows* you can take them out then all you may need to say at that point is "Sir, (or madam depending on the area of town you are in) please keep your hands to yourself and off my Wife/GF."

As has been stated before that would most likely defuse any possible altercation right there, as there are "witnesses" now looking on. If at that point you say that and then after a given amount of time slowly turn and simply walk away you are done, if the guy wants to push the issue then let him make the first threatening move, and say nothing so as to not come across as a pi**ed off boyfriend/husband out for a fight, then drop the creep with a nice double whack fist) to the chest to stun him and then a good temple blow (fist again) to assist him in catching up on some needed sleep. Then go report it to the Manager of whatever establishment you are in, this also gives you the appearance of being the responsible one.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

We are all products of our upbringing, and in MS I was taught a little different then you, obviously!!
    cdwolf - please read my previous posts before making such an assertion.

Look at it a little different. What if this is your daughter and her boyfriend/husband. How would you feel if this happened and he did nothing about it. I know that anybody that will be dating/marrying my daughter will be expected by me to give her the same security that I provide for her. If they cannot do that, then they do not deserve my daughter. I don't think anyone on here is trying to act like a cop, but standing there and doing nothing only makes them braver. Did not mean to change the scenerio, only want to look at it from a different angle.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Look at it a little different. What if this is your daughter
    Aw man, you had to throw the daughter card in there. That does change it a little, my Wife understands and can take care of herself in a pinch (no pun intended) but my baby girls...

I would hope the guy dating/married to my daughter would show some adult restraint and do as I stated in post #79. But he had better say something and then back it up if the situation required.

This is also another reason I have all 4 of my kids in Martial Arts, to be able to defend themselves and those who can't, I just hope they also learn the respect and restraint portion of their teachings.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    Look at it a little different. What if this is your daughter and her boyfriend/husband. How would you feel if this happened and he did nothing about it. I know that anybody that will be dating/marrying my daughter will be expected by me to give her the same security that I provide for her. If they cannot do that, then they do not deserve my daughter. I don't think anyone on here is trying to act like a cop, but standing there and doing nothing only makes them braver. Did not mean to change the scenerio, only want to look at it from a different angle.
    Well said. And part of giving that security is knowing what to do and when to do it. Not everything has to end in a fist fight.

I read all of yours cake.
    There is no doubt we are a much more violent these days, I remember when you could have a fist fight!
    Childish is what he was walking around doing, you handle it your way and I will handle it mine.
    He better hope he choses your wife over mine!!
    Somethings in life are worth fighting over, you wrong(harm) my family I will do my best to return the gesture!
    He assaulted my wife so we can both press charges!! There is better then a 90% chance that both charges will get dropped!!
    That's just me!

Kinder, gentler nation

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    If he chose my wife over yours he would be on the ground faster than you could blink. My wife can and will lay out anyone who crosses her. As I said previously, I'd just sit back and enjoy the show. My simply laughing at him in the mean time as my wife beats the living crap out of him would probably make him feel even worse.

My point is that we don't live in a society that tolerates picking fights any more, as you had pointed out. Sometimes (sometimes) it's better and even more effective to use other means to diffuse the situation.

So I guess I started a pretty good thread. lol

"Amazing power" no I don't think so. I would not even think about it if I was unarmed. This is not a need for a cop. This is a chance for you to stand up for your wife. What's ridiculous is you telling your wife " oh well" he just wanted a thrill. Please don't make a scene, I don't want any trouble.
    +1!
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I read all of yours cake.
    There is no doubt we are a much more violent these days, I remember when you could have a fist fight!
    Childish is what he was walking around doing, you handle it your way and I will handle it mine.
    Somethings in life are worth fighting over, you wrong(harm) my family I will do my best to return the gesture!
    He assaulted my wife so we can both press charges!! There is better then a 90% chance that both charges will get dropped!!
    That's just me!

Kinder, gentler nation
    It wasn't only legal ramifications we were considering, the punk most likely has his crew with him. That is the way it's done nowadays like it or not. NOBODY, is out there causing trouble alone.

People show much less restraint these days- his 6 buddies would not blink before stomping your head into the parking lot. Or, they could take your firearm, and then stomp. I don't want to hear the ninja response that no one could ever take your firearm, because it would most likely come from behind while you are being Captain America with the other guy (the groper).

So now I ask this question, after you have been disposed of, what happens to your wife? This is what you should be thinking while considering whether to lower yourself to his level or not.

We are supposed to be smarter than them... we're supposed to think 5 moves ahead. Turning around and slugging a guy is clearly not thinking it through, it's an emotional response.

Let me be clear, I would not stand there and do nothing. I would request very firmly that they leave my wife alone. Then I would report the behavior, if it were a bar I would get the bouncer/security staff involved. If non of the above worked, we would leave and never return. I only respond with violence when confronted with violence.

Movie quote:
    "This sh*t's chess, not checkers"!
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    We are supposed to be smarter than them... we're supposed to think 5 moves ahead. Turning around and slugging a guy is clearly not thinking it through, it's an emotional response.

Let me be clear, I would not stand there and do nothing. I would request very firmly that they leave my wife alone. Then I would report the behavior, if it were a bar I would get the bouncer/security staff involved. If non of the above worked, we would leave and never return. I only respond with violence when confronted with violence.
    Thank you for explaining it better than I could Footsloger.

Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    So now I ask this question, after you have been disposed of, what happens to your wife? This is what you should be thinking while considering whether to lower yourself to his level or not.

Disparaty of force. She draws and disposes of them. She is very effective with my, I mean her new P2000.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links