Home defense hypothetical - Page 7

Home defense hypothetical

This is a discussion on Home defense hypothetical within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is my problem, folks. A "good" shooting" goes down, like in post number one. Then the shooter is as defiant, or comes across as ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Here is my problem, folks. A "good" shooting" goes down, like in post number one. Then the shooter is as defiant, or comes across as being somewhat defiant AS IF he stands out in his yard with arms folded across his chest and tells responding officers, you guys have the badges and guns, you figure this one out. That is the impression I would get as a responding LEO, like what does this guy have to hide. WHy is he almost posturing in a way, making a big deal out of a simple good shoot??? Why? Just to let us know he challenges us to find him in the wrong? To me, it draws suspicion to exercise rights just because you CAN exercise them.
    Another example, on the highway, motorist pulled over, asked for ID, gives it, real reluctantly of course, as quite a few people do not like LEOS but yeah he gives it, then the cop says do you have a license to carry by any chance? I see the edge of a round under that towel there. And now the motorists argues that he does not have to show his license to carry because Nevada law blah blah and this is what I mean, this hiding stuff just because you can.
    It is a kind of mild defiance that I find to be unnecessary. As I said, those defiant types, hey, if they want to draw suspicion just by being uncooperative, name rank serial number sir, then that is fine with me, has no effect on me.
    But it all seems so unnecessary and being uncooperative just to be doing it that way. For its own sake.
    Like, what must I tell LEO, then ok, I will tell them that only and not the temperature today if he asks. I say it is no way to live.
    This is similar to the walking on eggshells thing where everybody is your adversary. Going thru life wondering what you will say in a courtroom a year from now? uh uh.
    Simple simple scenario in post number one. Going strictly by that, we have a good shooting, shooter in the clear. Now he wants to show LEOS and 911 that is well aware of every single one of his rights?
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Given the original post, how do I know I've killed the BG?

All I know is, someone invaded my home and I was forced to defend myself by firing my gun in the direction of the invader. My call to 911 would be something like:

"This is Biker at 6969 Middlesexy Lane. I was home sleeping and an armed intruder broke in to my home. I fired a weapon in defense of my life. The intruder is still on the property and to my knowledge is still armed. My spouse is located in the bedroom behind a locked door and armed with a shotgun and a mean dog.

We are in need of Police and Ambulance. I am wearing a grey T-Shirt and Boxer Shorts. I will secure my weapon when responding units arrive. By the way, I am an off duty Federal Law Enforcement Officer."

That's it. I wouldn't use the words kill, shoot or that you "hit him". You may have missed. I also would not attempt to secure the intruder's weapon. I would take a position of cover and proceed to cover the intruder while conversing with 911.

After I have said what I need to say, I would SHUT UP! After the responding units arrive and I have been identified, and wife has secured her shotgun, I would demand medical attention at the Hospital of my choosing. I would then request to be taken to that Hospital by ambulance, remaining silent all the way. My next step would be to call my Union Rep, lawyer for most of you. Then I would notify my agency of what happened.

Until my Union Rep gets there, I'm not telling anybody anything, except the ER Physician. I would tell him or her that I recently suffered a truamatic psychological expirience and that I'm undergoing an "adrenaline dump". I may say something like, "I was forced to defend my life tonight using deadly force." After that I would SHUT UP!

If you are wondering why I would stress the "shut up" part, it's because of these few little words: "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."
    Biker
    Sounds good to me...If it's good enough for a Fed LEO, it's good enough for me.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Me too. Glad you feel better today, after yesterday's display.
    Yep, just name rank serial number. "You guys with the badges figure it out!" :)
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links