What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies.

This is a discussion on What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LiveLeak.com - Store Clerk takes out 5 Robbers! You see how this clerk looks like he was at the mercy of 4 armed men, and ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies.

Clerk takes out at lest 4 armed gunmen in his store.

LiveLeak.com - Store Clerk takes out 5 Robbers!

You see how this clerk looks like he was at the mercy of 4 armed men, and he turns the tables on them within a flash (when the scum bags demanded that he get down on the flow AFTER he gave them the money)! It looks like he was the only one standing, not sure if he was hit, but all the BG was hit for sure and slumped on the floor.

You notice how the armed clerk, AFTER giving them the money, DID NOT WAIT OR HESITATE to take action after the gunmen demanded he got down on the flow.... why would you ask this if all they had to do is run away with the money... I guess the clerk felt his final moments on earth were at hand, and had to either fight or die.

One person who carried, suggested that if you were to find yourself in a similar situation, try to make it look as if the BG has full control, because his over confidence may be used against him.

2. Remove Ads

Good for the store clerk. We are not in a position to think of what the BG might do next. Wrong guess means death for us. Uh uh. Let the BG figure out what WE are going to do, is the better scenario.
    All they have to do is to leave people alone, but they just cannot do it. They cannot go down to get a quart of milk without bothering somebody and that is why they must be locked up in cages.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    On this one

(3) Clerk gets shot for nothing when store was robbed by 3 thugs... they shot him first, then demanded cash after words.

www.liveleak.com/e/ee3_1204142413

They blot out the face of the perps but the store clerks and customers have their faces fully in view. Go figure.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Those are the savages that need a mandatory minimum 25 years in state prison for use of a firearm while in commission of a felony, no possibility of probation, no parole, you do the 25 years. You did the crime, now do the time. I would absolutely support this statute, because violent savages need to be treated differently than the other criminals. Most are not that bad, but these types need the 25 yrs, and that I consider very very lenient. And no working on college degrees and that nonsense while behind bars.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    And no working on college degrees and that nonsense while behind bars.
    Send their butts over to Sheriff Joe Arpaio, he'll straighten them out. 25 years of Arizona chain gang summer heat will whip the savage right out of them.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    On this one

(3) Clerk gets shot for nothing when store was robbed by 3 thugs... they shot him first, then demanded cash after words.

www.liveleak.com/e/ee3_1204142413

They blot out the face of the perps but the store clerks and customers have their faces fully in view. Go figure.

Political correctness.

Those who WANT TO CHANGE need some tuff love.

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    Those are the savages that need a mandatory minimum 25 years in state prison for use of a firearm while in commission of a felony, no possibility of probation, no parole, you do the 25 years. You did the crime, now do the time. I would absolutely support this statute, because violent savages need to be treated differently than the other criminals. Most are not that bad, but these types need the 25 yrs, and that I consider very very lenient. And no working on college degrees and that nonsense while behind bars.
    Hmmm, but would not be BETTER to use this time to give them an chance to be rehabilitated? You can draw an ass to water, but you can't force it to drink, but a lest the water is their to drink.

IMHO, prisoners should have the opportunity to become educated and learn something useful, so at lest the ones WHO DO WANT TO CHANGE THEIR LIVES will take advantage of these things. Most of these guys are coming out at some time, so I rather not deny opportunities to those who really want to change their screwed up lives.

For those who don't want to change... you might as well keep them locked up for life, or execute them because what sociaty DOES NOT NEED are carrier criminals who take advantage of the system and use jail as a "crime university."

I really think there is a point beyond which a person cannot be rehabilitated. We may disagree. In my opinion most of them do not change their screwed up lives, some do.
    You have a point about rehab.
    Let me ask you and others, If a person uses a firearm in the commission of a felony, do you think they should get a mandatory minimum sentence? If they do, the 25 yrs pretty much insures that they will not be out even if they are rehabilitated inside.
    Do you think it is too harsh? How do we deal with these harsh criminals? What do we do with them? Ten years? Five?
    I am not being contentious, I am absoutely serious here, just wondering what others think, about what should be done with folks like in the above scenario. Suppose some of the robbers could be rehabilitated?
    I know that for them to do what they did, they have to be pretty far gone already. They cannot just walk around society like they are regular members of society because they are not. They are dangerous hoodlums.
    What should their punishment be? Maybe I am being too hard on them but it is only because of what they do to completely innocent victims. I don't think we fully fully realize just how evil some people are out there. We cannot identify with it because it seems inhuman, and it is, in a way. So we sort of don't want to slam them too hard but something has to be done.

Rehabilitation is an appropriate consideration, but so is punishment. Society has an absolute right to punish people. So it is not just rehab it is punishment. What should the punishment be for a crime involving a gun, and i use this because one cannot accidentally have a gun on him and so it involves a high degree of willfulness on the part of the criminal. With other crimes you can say oh I did not know this or that but with a firearm you know if you have a gun on you.
    Punishment, from the point of view of protection of society is as important as rehabilitation. I would say it is more important. A person can rehab himself most effectively by not going out and committing violent crimes with guns. We need to recognize that these violent crimes with guns are not accidents, they are calculated choices made by these kinds of individuals. So rehab should not be uppermost in the minds of citizens that cannot go down the street without wondering when the next young thug wants a new victim.
    It is our fault that we live in fear.

Administrator
    As usual, I have a slightly different take on things. I’ll agree with the “experts” to a certain extent… for most people that is the best course of action. Most people are in no way prepared to go the full distance to protect themselves, and will end up making a bad situation worse. Please don’t misunderstand, I think everyone should fight back, no question about that… but reality is that most people don’t have the ability to be it because of skill, strength or mentally. Even though this site is made up of largely like minded people, I would have to guess that at least 50% of us here might like to talk the talk, but when it came down to it, would not fair well in a fire fight. No disrespect to anyone here, but that figure has been proven over and over in military actions and on the street.

With all that said, it only takes a small minority of successful self-defense cases to make a difference in the criminal mind. If he thinks he will face some opposition, chances are he will look elsewhere for a victim, or choose a new line of work.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    With all that said, it only takes a small minority of successful self-defense cases to make a difference in the criminal mind. If he thinks he will face some opposition, chances are he will look elsewhere for a victim, or choose a new line of work.
    An armed society is a polite society!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I'm agreeing with Sixto on this one.

The average "sheeple" is in no way prepared to go the distance with a thug. With some training, a change in mindset and ability to use the tools of their choosing for defense, they have a chance at surviving an encounter with a bad guy, but it's a chance.

There are no guarantees in lefe except that everybody dies at some point.

Biker

BikerRN and Sixto: your posts are among the most respected. What do you two think is adequate punishment for the types in that scenario, as sort of a side issue? Should it vary tremendously? I am concerned that we are not doing enough to combat those types

outstanding post cr2008, keep em comming.
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post

(1) 2 people shot execution style ofter armed robbers (1 teenage girl and guy) could not open the register and could not understand foreign clerks. Customer was also shot but they ran out of bullets when they tried to shoot him in the head to finish him off.
    Here is another video with commentary, what would you have done if you were the customer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfHMA...eature=related
    Last edited by CR2008; May 22nd, 2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added link

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links