What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies.

This is a discussion on What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; See, it is this stuff that screams for high voltage....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies.

See, it is this stuff that screams for high voltage.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    BikerRN and Sixto: your posts are among the most respected. What do you two think is adequate punishment for the types in that scenario, as sort of a side issue? Should it vary tremendously? I am concerned that we are not doing enough to combat those types
    Eye for an Eye is OK with me.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Most excellent. There is just no way that these types could ever be rehabilitated, if they were in prison for a hundred years.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Senior Moderator
    With some training, a change in mindset and ability to use the tools of their choosing for defense, they have a chance at surviving an encounter with a bad guy, but it's a chance.
    The possibility of death is always present...you are'nt even guaranteed your next breath.

With that being said, I would rather die standing trying to defend myself than curled up in the fetal postition without a fight or a chance.

At least I could tell the Creator that I tried...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Manditory death sentence or life sentence...

Let me ask you and others, If a person uses a firearm in the commission of a felony, do you think they should get a mandatory minimum sentence?
    It's just just a firearm, but any deadly weapon IMHO... I think their should be a mandatory life sentence at best (if sociaty had such resources to keep them alive, along with the space.)

At worst, the death sentence... but that's just me, I find it regrettable that when they decided to put someone else life at risk, they really ended their own lives.

Well, you and I are right on the same page, CR2008. The bad guys determine what they do and they have to be "man" enough to take the consequences.
    I think we should deal with this extreme violence in a special kind of way but that is not how it is currently done.

BikerRN and Sixto: your posts are among the most respected. What do you two think is adequate punishment for the types in that scenario, as sort of a side issue? Should it vary tremendously? I am concerned that we are not doing enough to combat those types

It's hard to say because every state and Feds too, have different sentencing parameters.

I will say that my views on the punishment side of crime and punishment tend to be seen as more "Draconian" by some of the granola eating liberal ferrets in our society.

I personally would like to see the death penalty exspanded, and it's use more frequently carried out. I also feel that after two appeals the sentence should be implemented by the end of the next business week.

I do not agree with keeping people alive that are of no benefit to our society. That is a dangerous slope to be on though, as someone could say that gun owners are of no benefit to society, etc, etc.

I don't know what the answers are. I'm just trying to get by without shovin'

Biker

LiveLeak.com - 5 shot dead at clothing store attack in suburban Chicago

Video of 5 women shot execution style after being bounded by tape (that part the media keeps on omitting), 6th women dead in hospital some time after the shooting, this is an old video.

Not again. I cannot figure out WHY I think of the subject of electricity when I hear of stuff like this.

Trusting your life to the mercies of a person commiting a felony is not a good plan.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Over the years i have been a lot of things , including the owner of retail businesses that delt with the public mostly thro employees ( restaurants ). I had meetings with front room staff monthly after hours and one item on the agenda every meeting was " robberys and our policy on them " . My policy was pretty simple , If you want to be armed you may , however you SHOULD hand over any cash you have access to including the hidden " make change bag " upon demand even if no weapon is shown . Let Me, my insurance , and the police sort it out . If you can get a plate number as we will get fine description(s) from customers . However you are not to cooperate if the robber either wants to take you or customers ANYWHERE including to the non public areas of the business . I would explain to the staff that its better to be shot in town than miles from no where so resistance has no price . I was in the business as much as i could be but open hours that run from 5 am thro at times midnight ( harvest to feed the crews ) insures that no one can be there all the time . My girls were great ( yes more front room staff in small towns are female than male ) and all understood the " rules " and i believe understood the " rules " were about keeping everyone safe as can be done . To that end i also had other policy's such as a cup of coffee cost $.25 and it came with unlimited refills subject to me needing the table for folks buying food ( if we kick you out we will fill your cup for free , so bring a big one lol ) . This tended to keep witnesses in my business at almost any time , also it tended to make it a LE hangout as a cuppa was literally pocket change and no penalty ( for le we filled thermos for free if they needed , and would in fact open up at 3 am ( just involved me ) and cook a meal for a search/rescue ect.. at standard in house price without the catering charges . Needless to say my businesses have never been robbed C stores down the street have on occation ( rare ) However in spite of being known for cashing payroll checks if you buy a meal We never faced the robber . The only wisdom i can claim tho is the .25 cuppa coffee , it kept " witnesses " all the hours that folks could come thro the front door .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

You mean like this lady clerk?

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    My policy was pretty simple , If you want to be armed you may , however you SHOULD hand over any cash you have access to including the hidden " make change bag " upon demand even if no weapon is shown . Let Me, my insurance , and the police sort it out . If you can get a plate number as we will get fine description(s) from customers . However you are not to cooperate if the robber either wants to take you or customers ANYWHERE including to the non public areas of the business . I would explain to the staff that its better to be shot in town than miles from no where so resistance has no price . .
    So what would you advise someone to do if an the robber DOES NOT go away after they got the money?

I would be ******* my pants because I would be bracing for the worst... a lot of these clowns (not considering the security videos these days) shoot witnesses so as not to leave one living, especially the more desperate ones with a long criminal history.

There was a permit holder who lived in a nice Florida community, where he left his patio door open, 2 men (one armed with a Tec-9) enters his place and surprises the 3 victims (2 were female house guests), the poor guy got his face beaten in severely though he was not fighting back... the 2 females are rounded up and hog tied. What you think happened AFTER those crooks got the man's money and his gun? They shot ALL 3 of them in the neck TWO TIMES, just to make extra shore they were dead.... the only reason those scum bags were IDed was due to the fact the guy had a security video inside the house.

In fact, I am gona make a separate threat showing these other videos.

Lady clerk shots a robber who pretended to have a gun, after he demanded she follow him after she gave up the money... authorities did not charge and and claimed she was justified when they saw the security footage.

LiveLeak.com - CLERK SHOOT CROOK

dcb188...Consider the prison populations and you'll answer your own question.

My own question about what?

dcb188... #7 - REMEMBER?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links