What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies.

This is a discussion on What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "How To Protect Yourself During A Robbery" (What these police advise you to do, they claim you should comply with everything the criminal demands.") So ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the "EXPERTS" say and what real life shows.... videos of armed robberies.

"How To Protect Yourself During A Robbery" (What these police advise you to do, they claim you should comply with everything the criminal demands.") So basically, what if they wanted to bound you with duck tape, and demand you get on your knees, according the the "EXPERTS" you should comply... remember the 6 women who were EXECUTED by a merciless thug in a clothing store in IL? How about if you were a woman on the street corner and a car pulls up with criminal scum demanding you to get into their car? Sounds like the 'EXPERTS' advise you to get in... remember what happened to that college student in NC, she was car jacked first, then the scum bag demanded that she drive to ATMs... so now mr criminal GOT HIS MONEY BUT THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH FOR HIM.... he demanded she drive him to a secluded area, where he attempted to rape her, then he shot her dead, then torched the car.

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...jYaNy96z&hl=en

More "EXPERT" advice on what not to do if you are the victim of armed robbery.... 'don't fight back' because it "excalates the violence." So you should not even be legally armed or carry according the the "experts.'

Video of lady clerk shooting gunman for fear of life and an "EXPERT" wishes she was unarmed because he said she "excalated" the violence and the poor gunman died.

Clerk KILLS robber with gunshots at Kevin’s Got A Gun

Remember that doctor who lived in a upper class neighborhood, who had his wife and children, repeatedly raped, AFTER THEY COMPLIED with driving to the ATM for money...his entire family was killed but he survived. "EXPERT" advise must have 'back fired' I guess... many of these 'EXPERTS' give counsel to police departments etc.

Now lets see a few videos, sadly, in a few of them, the victim's lives were cut down BEFORE they could even beg for their lives, these days criminals are more violent and they will shoot first before demanding anything:

(0) Elderly clerk, complied FULLY with the demands of the gunman, but was shot because THERE WAS NOT "ENOUGH" Money in the cash register... probably the "EXPERTS" will agree it's not a "good idea" to have a slow night.

www.youtube.com/v/Ne0FPzbLGb4&hl=en

(1) 2 people shot execution style ofter armed robbers (1 teenage girl and guy) could not open the register and could not understand foreign clerks. Customer was also shot but they ran out of bullets when they tried to shoot him in the head to finish him off.

www.liveleak.com/e/16d800164c

(2)Gunman enters mini mart gas station and starts blasting WITHOUT even asking or demanding anything... must have been a small caliber weapon because the clerk survived multiple hits to the face and was able to return fire (after the gun man left the building.) I believe the other clerk also survived (she was in the back room.)

www.liveleak.com/e/86aae_4407

(3) Clerk gets shot for nothing when store was robbed by 3 thugs... they shot him first, then demanded cash after words.

www.liveleak.com/e/ee3_1204142413

(4) A Family Dollar store manager is dead because he walked into an armed robbery with no protection.

www.youtube.com/v/LaaUipMyT3A&hl=en

(5) Clerk armed but did not have weapon on him and he was shot to pieces WHEN THE GUNMEN NEVER EVEN DEMANDED ANYTHING YET... what would the "EXPERTS" say to something like that? He was barely alive when help arrived, I am not sure if he survived in the end though.

www.liveleak.com/e/43a0295aa4

Good video showing multiple armed men attempting to rob stores but these clerks never followed the advice of the 'EXPERTS' and defended themselves for fear of life.

www.liveleak.com/e/af0ab75e55

www.liveleak.com/e/fc8_1204138730

NOW HERE COMES THE QUESTIONS:

Someone here posed a question about "causing" a lethal situation, it almost sounded as if self defence 'causes' this, and NOT THE CRIMINAL? One person there stated that if they were robbed at gun point, they would give over their money etc and "WAIT."

Wait for what? Let us assume the gun is pointed at your head......

Does'nt this sound like a gamble? WHAT IF the gunman LOOKS into the wallet and is not "satisfied" and then shots you in the head, could you defend yourself when your brain matter is all over the pavement, can you be a "good witness" if your dead, can you defend or support your loved ones when you're gone?

How about using the wallet as a form of distraction? Valuables can be a form of distraction, and it is said that may give you the opportunity to act FAST, because hesitation will dramatically reduce what little chance you even had.

Check this video out, looks like logical advice to me:

Distance and movement
    www.youtube.com/v/xINrzuves3Q&hl=en

Distractions
    www.youtube.com/v/qTMNyAl2ueg&hl=en

I am sure most of you here may be shocked by the more violent acts being reported these days, but back in Jamaica, my place of birth, such a level of violence IS THE NORM... and 90% of the time, when a gunman robs you etc, HE WILL KILL YOU as to not leave a living witness... so lets say you do give up the money, car etc and simply "WAIT" to see what happens, it's highly likely you will be killed right after those compliances... and these days, even 12year olds are banging on the streets, and they have NO VALUE for life... so your hesitation will increase the probability that you will be killed... hell, they even started to kill CHILDREN, babies and 7year olds. Here in Metro Atlanta, some months ago one home invader shot dead a 7 year old kid WHEN HE WAS SLEEPING... and you tell me you would "WAIT?"

No one knows what the future holds, you could be here today, got tomorrow, that's life... but at lest there are things that can increase the odds of survival, like wearing a seatbelt, living a healthy life style, and being aware of your surroundings... but when I hear these "EXPERTS" tell me to expect mercy from the merciless, they assume that criminals are rational people and are capable of significant compassion... I don't think so.
    Last edited by CR2008; May 22nd, 2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: to make links work

We can sum up our current attitude as a nation.
    Never do anything about anything.
    That way, everything is rosy, criminals can do their thing, after all, they are criminals and this is their chosen profession and we should not interfere.
    And on and on and on.
    This is why we are what we are today.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

CR2008, yours is one of the best posts I've seen. Thanks.
    Here is the problem with these little savages. They do what they want to do. Period. If that means taking your money and walking away, then they do it. If it means killing you, they do it. It is all the same to them. We cannot identify with this because we are not savages, we are civilized. These folks are completely uncivilized.
    If they themselves have no idea what they are about to do, how can we be expected to divine their intentions?
    A raccoon roams thru the woods in search of food. It has no plan, no planned route, no outline, it is just roaming around looking for things to eat. No difference between the raccoon and these people except that one talks and the other cannot. This is the way it is in real life. I see it every single day.
    MOST criminals are not like this, not by a long shot, but this element is out there.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    We can sum up our current attitude as a nation.
    Never do anything about anything.
    That way, everything is rosy, criminals can do their thing, after all, they are criminals and this is their chosen profession and we should not interfere.
    And on and on and on.
    This is why we are what we are today.
    My dad got car jacked over 30 years ago, shot 7 times but lived... the gunman demanded for my dad to drive to a secluded area, outside his community but my father was smart enough to know he was about to be executed (the "no living witness" policy in Jamaica, that's getting more common in the States)

Though he was shot jumping out, at lest it was better off than being shot in the back of the head, on his knees... any so called 'EXPERT' that advices this does not respect or value life. It's ONE THING for to be ambushed and they drive your car away WITHOUT being inside, it's another thing for them to drive you to some place were no one will see you being victimized... people need to use their intelligence.

If my dad never left that car, I would have never been born...

That element is there. Society punishes criminals and the jails are full of them and they hate jail with a passion, no matter what you have heard.
    But for VIOLENT hateful types, and again they are not in the majority, we need to deal with them very differently, and we don't.
    They are treated the same as every other offender but they are in a class by themselves and they deserve special attention. Their unpredicability makes them very dangerous. We need to do something about those types.

VIP Member
    Count me in on the side of not waiting to see the outcome....I plan & train to be proactive & not reactive. I go to a lot of lengths to avoid any bad situation, but at the same time I don't pretend that I am perfectly safe. I don't walk around in 'White' & rely on my fellow human beings doing no harm.

I will not intentionally by/OR LACK OF action be a victim!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

There is something I have been wondering about for years and I have no idea what the answer is, if there even is an answer.
    In NYC there are a lot of these senseless violent savages (SVS). And granted, the population is ten million or so.
    In Boston, just 230 miles NE, the percentage of SVC criminals in inner-city courts where I go daily, is not that great. I have met very very few actual SVS compared to the population in Boston and environs, which is about 2.5 million?
    Even with the difference in population, why would there be more of those types per thousand people in NYC than in Boston? This is strictly per thousand, not overall numbers.
    You would be surprised at how few really really hardcore types there are here. And I have no idea why NYC would be much greater, per thousand population.
    Has anyone ever read anything about this seeming disparity? Los Angeles also, not just NYC. Chicago too.
    And there is a huge difference between criminals as such, and the SVS variety.

MOST criminals are not like this, not by a long shot, but this element is out there.
    When I was about 10 years old, I was assualted at school, on the weekend, no one was around by my friends who had locked themselves in the bathroom, after seeing the older, teenages robbers... they left not only me, but their money on the ground... let me tell you what happened next, it was no short of a meracle IMHO:

I FROZE and had no idea what to do, I never even tried to run... I just stood their with my eyes and mouth wide open... the oldest boy, may be less than 20 feet away, had a big stone in his hand, and though they got their money, he saw me and threw the stone, it was aimed at my head BUT there was a pole between the stone and my face, and it had splattered... the ONLY THING that saved me that day was the position I was standing... I never ran or tried to fight them (they were 3 boys, like 5 years older than me, that never seemed an option.)

I am not religious by any means, but one thing is for sure, I felt that I am a live for a good reason, and when I told my parents that day, they down played it... figuring why anyone would want to hurt a little boy. IMHO, when I reflect on it, I am greatly disapointed in my inaction, I should have at lest RAN AWAY, but I simply was frozen by fear... I hope that never happens to me again because if it did, I don't think I will be so lucky the next time.

Those 3 teenage ruffians most likely moved up the scum chain to became full blown gunmen and it's highly probably that they are all dead, like most of them... criminals don't live long down in Jamaica, even the "Dons" and drug lords don't push hit 40 down there.

Yeah, it's not likely they ended up on Wall Street. They probably got what they deserved.
    Who knows, by not running they might have been a bit unnerved, and if you had run, they might have clocked you with another rock, you never know.
    I am a Christian and believe that everything is for a purpose, and the senseless stuff will someday make sense. But not right now:)

CR2008, yours is one of the best posts I've seen. Thanks.
    +1
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

Good post, good wake-up Videos. Thanks.

I am a Christian and believe that everything is for a purpose, and the senseless stuff will someday make sense. But not right now:)
    I agree which leads me to believe that the reason I have had the training I have and am a good shot as well as 6' 230 Lbs is to NOT COMPLY but to take the BG out or go out fighting.

Period, end of story.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Exactamente.

nice post..."experts" what a joke...

Most experts I have ever met have no real life experiences to draw from,they're suggestions are things they make up that sounds and looks good logically on paper but in the real world criminals aren't logical they do stuff on the spur of the moment and anymore if they aren't trying to disguise themselves it's because they don't plan on you being around to identify them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links