Pizza Robber thread spinoff, True stories.

This is a discussion on Pizza Robber thread spinoff, True stories. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was asked to share some stories from my delivery days in this thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-delivery.html so here are a few. When I returned home from ...

Thread: Pizza Robber thread spinoff, True stories.

Administrator

Pizza Robber thread spinoff, True stories.

I was asked to share some stories from my delivery days in this thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-delivery.html so here are a few.

When I returned home from the military the first time around, I took a construction job. When things slowed down for the winter or in the evenings in the summer, I delivered pizza to get ahead. I knew the owner of the shop well, and did this off and on for a few years. The latter years were more as a favor to my friend than it was out of need for me.

This was in the suburbs of Cleveland, I would go every where from cow town to the ghetto government funded destruction of otherwise nice areas housing complexes.
    One of these complexes in particular was bad. I was always kinda jumpy when I went there anyway, because a high school friend was murdered in that parking lot while we were still in school. I would deliver there once or twice a night almost every night I worked.

I knew that I always was being watched, and I noticed a group of thugs would get closer and closer each time I went in.
    The last time I delivered there, it was to a basement apartment. Each building had four floors, including the basement. The stairwells were typical simple gubment construction, open stairs with a landing between each level. At each landing was a large picture window.

Anyway, I went to make the delivery. I knocked on the door, and a large well fed and under worked breeder answered the door. She took delivery of the pizza, and loudly counted out the money as she handed it to me in the hallway. I also noticed she kept glancing towards the stairwell, as if she was expecting someone else. This sent all kinds of red flags off.

As I left and started up the stairs, I noticed in the reflection of the four or five "thugs" milling around on the stairwell. I would have to pass right through the group to get out, and they were not simply hanging it out. It was obvious they had a plan.
    They saw me turn around and head back down stairs, and followed. It sucked for me, because I was now trapped, but I had no option... so I bought myself some time and drew my old Springfield 1911.

As they came around the corner all tough like, the leaders eyes reminded me of Louis Armstrongs hitting the high notes with his trumpet, bugged out and huge. They all said at once (edited for the PG audience) "Crazy cracker has a guuun!" One of them even told me to stay there, he was going to go home and get his "heater" Needless to say, I left and never returned to deliver pizza there again.

I got more, they get more interesting and colorful as the cities change and delivery's change from pizza to Rx drugs and other valuables. I'll add them when this one loses interest.
    Last edited by SIXTO; May 25th, 2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Great, Sixto. Score one for the GG. That .45 barrel looks mighty big when viewed from the wrong side. BG had to go home and get his heater, eh? If he had had it on him, he would not be around as we speak.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Administrator
    He left to get his heater, I went to go change my drawers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I bet when he came back it was real slow like, looking around. They are brave people, that's for sure.
    I also bet that to this day, when someone orders pizza around that complex they say oh no, I hope it ain't the guy with the cannon.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Senior Moderator
    Hey...everybody knows that the pizza guy is supposed to be unarmed...

besides that, most companys wont allow it.

Shame,shame Sixto...
    you chose to place your personal safety over company policy? I am shocked I tell ya...

I'm suprised the scuzballs didnt try to sue you for messing up their routine...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Shame,shame Sixto...
    you chose to place your personal safety over company policy? I am shocked I tell ya...
    No, I didnt. This was a small family operation, The boss/owner knew I carried, and in fact encouraged it. He was a retired cop, and also one of the guys who got me started in L.E.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Exellent.
    People with common sense are getting so hard to find these days.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

When I delivered pizza I was not told anything about not being armed.

I wish I had made the decision to carry earlier, because I also had a few situations where it would of been prudent to have had a gun.

I never got robbed, but I think I came close to it a few times, but I hurried myself out of the situation, sometimes taking the pizza back to the store without even delivering it. Hell, they can fire me if they want too, but its hard for someone to fire you if you "felt threatened" which I told them I wouldnt deliver pizza if I felt that way.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Thugs are cowards.

I was working security at a fast food restaurant nicknamed BlackMac (no offense, I'm just sayin') in Hampton, VA (corner of Queen and LaSalle for the locals). One time the girl working drive thru comes up to me and says that some guys in a car that just left said they were looking for me. I told her the next time they came through, they should know they found me. Never did make their acquatiance...

And if anyone doubts the persuasive power of racking a shotgun, I know at least three people who had to run down to WalMart to freshen their underwear collection after I was through with them. Two were instantly cooperative, the third could have been an Olympic contender in track and field.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Hey Sixto I am glad you were ok. I would be interested in hearing about the other events in your careers as a delivery person. I was a part time liquor store clerk and know something of the jokers you have to deal with.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    Hey Sixto I am glad you were ok. I would be interested in hearing about the other events in your careers as a delivery person. I was a part time liquor store clerk and have a story myself.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    OK, OK...

A year or so later I moved to the east coast, I started a courier business, again, it was intended to make enough money for me to get ahead. I always did this not as a primary occupation, but for extra money. I still do on a larger scale.

My bread and butter was serving hospitals... mainly the pharmacy's. I'd travel with narcotics often. Like most big cities, the hospitals are in not so great areas of town. I'd visit Baltimore and D.C. hospitals nightly, and make several stops in Glen Burnie area, as well as Annapolis.

Anyway, I was in D.C. getting ready to drop off some Rx's to the hospital pharmacy, when a large older sedan cut my van off, forcing me to stop. I had no where to go, so I prepped for a fight. Keep in mind, I was young and even more arrogant then I am now... Looking back I should have bolted, but I had a business to protect!

So, I got out, moved to the rear of the van and drew, both BG's stacked up on each other and headed straight for me. I think the thought I bugged out, because they both scattered, one dropped a knife, the other had some ghetto snub that was recovered after they got arrested. (they left their car there, it was registered to one of their momma's)

I traded in that van later the same week, and continued on. I sold the business for a nice profit once I separated from Uncle Sam's gang for good.

Also, in D.C., I was walking to a records management place to deliver some computer tape in the middle of the night. I had to park several blocks away, the parking garage was closed and there was no parking on the street.
    Being a white kid in this neighborhood at this time of night was plenty of P.C. to be stopped by the police... and I was. The cop asked what I was doing etc., I told him, provided ID, both my D.L. and Uncle Sams club card (which is impressive to have anywhere outside of the D.C. metro area)
    Apparently the cops didn't believe me (I wouldn't have either) so up on the wall I went... they found my trusty Springer I was carrying in the small of my back. I was scared feces less.
    I was looking at jail time, losing my day job etc.

They asked me why I had the gun, and I said the first thing that came to my mind "would you be walking around here with out yours?"
    Both of them laughed, and decided I was OK, and handed my back my gun, the tape to be delivered and my ID's.

I decided not to press my luck much more after that, thats what pushed me to sell and not try to do it full time.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    good one, keep 'em coming

"would you be walking around here with out yours?"
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links