2 outside 2 in car

This is a discussion on 2 outside 2 in car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You make it sound like 10 feet is some kind of huge distance,It's not so if somebody wants to try to commit anarmed robbery on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 outside 2 in car

You make it sound like 10 feet is some kind of huge distance,It's not so if somebody wants to try to commit anarmed robbery on me they have weapons out they just brought a knife and tire iron to a gun fight,as far as the 2 in the back seat i'm yelling let me see you're hands and they better be empty
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    Forget the dummy wallet, holler "Back off" (or words to that effect ) while moving away (toward cover if possible). If they make the slightest move to follow, shoot them both until they no longer present a threat. If the other two get out of the car and advance, it should be obvious that they want to play too...
    Well said, sir!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I would not give up my wallet. Period. Ever. It has my social security card, my debit cards, my military ID, my CHL, and my D.L.

I will protect my wallet, as it is, in effect, my life.

If I was unarmed, I would probably point behind them, yell "5.0" and take off running. If they give chase I would look for a weapon of opportunity.

If I was armed, which is much more likely than being unarmed, I would reach behind me, and draw. If they take off running, they get to avoid being shot. If they stand there and look stupid, they get shot. If they advance, they get shot.

Don't want to get shot? Then don't try to take Kerbouchard's wallet.
    +1 It's shooting time!

The only thing that keeps getting missed is that you had time to mentally prepare before the thugs confronted you. Get off the "X" while the perps are getting out of the car. Move to a point of cover and have something in between you and the slow moving car dropping two guys off directly in your path. If they aren't a threat they go on their way and you've only wasted ten seconds of your life. If as in this case they are a threat whatever barrier you picked as cover gives you extra time to draw and engage. The 21 foot rule only applies if they don't have to run around a parked car, pile of trash cans, or picnic table to get to you.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

10ft with a bludgeon or knife is way to close... it would only take a split second to for you to get hurt, and most people would not be able to draw.

IF I faced this situation, I would back up while drawing my weapon and issuing loud verbal commands (GET BACK or I will shoot), if they move towards me, then I would assume they are attempting to attack me.

Don't know about the people in the car, my attention would be focused on the 2 that are so close with the knife and the bludgeon.

If your approaching me with a weapon in hand demanding something that isn't yours, there will be no words. You will get some lead in your direction, period.

After I am sure that the two, holding the crow bar and the knife are no longer a threat to me, then the two in the back of the car will be addressed. Hopefully they are not armed and will stay put without any more cause for action on my part.

I don't see any need in this scenario to say, get back or throw a dummy wallet or anything of that nature. They have clearly shown intentions of robbing you and doing you harm with the weapons in hand. No second chances at this point, they are too close for second guessing or any of that.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    Forget the dummy wallet, holler "Back off" (or words to that effect ) while moving away (toward cover if possible). If they make the slightest move to follow, shoot them both until they no longer present a threat. If the other two get out of the car and advance, it should be obvious that they want to play too...
    I have to agree with KT.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links