No Bruce Lee jokes...

No Bruce Lee jokes...

This is a discussion on No Bruce Lee jokes... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, now I'm not looking for any Bruce Lee jokes here, but be honest. Have any of you ever thought that if a bg confronted ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Bruce Lee jokes...

No Bruce Lee jokes...

Ok, now I'm not looking for any Bruce Lee jokes here, but be honest. Have any of you ever thought that if a bg confronted you with an auto loader and was close (the weapon within your reach) that you would try to grab the pistol to push the slide so it was out of battery? I mean, the bg would have to be distracted or looking away for a second or something, but be honest, am I the only guy that's ever thought about it?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Conceal This.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Uhhh.. . . . . Yeh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad
    Ok, now I'm not looking for any Bruce Lee jokes here, but be honest. Have any of you ever thought that if a bg confronted you with an auto loader and was close (the weapon within your reach) that you would try to grab the pistol to push the slide so it was out of battery? I mean, the bg would have to be distracted or looking away for a second or something, but be honest, am I the only guy that's ever thought about it?
    What's the natural reaction to when somebody grabs something you're holding onto? You pull it back to yourself. Violently.
    If they're close enough for you to push the slide out of battery, strip the weapon out of their hands instead. Risky business even for the trained.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Lead Moderator
    a chancy move at best. Although we were taught how to in the L.E. training , not sure how well it would work. guess it depends on reaction time.

I know one tactic I learned was if you were able to gain positive control of the barrel/slide area (assuming first you diverted it so it was no longer pointed at your head ) , was to push the barrel end up towards the sky as far as possible to loosen/disengage their grip on the weapon, thereby gaining complete control. I think one would probably have to resemble a professional wrestler to pull that off though...
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Conceal This.

OK let's get serious. Assuming you haven't stained your shorts brown yet, (In my best Seargent Carter voice), While reaching for the barrel of the weapon with your left hand, take one step to your right while pushing the weapon to your left and simultaneously drawing your weapon with your right hand and bringing it to bear at your attackers temple, THEN BLOW HIS FRIGGIN BRAINS OUT!!!!, then you can stain your shorts brown.

The kind of thing I would only try if a baby was in the car, and "Dude" wasn't the type to even give me twenty seconds.

Grab slide/barrel w/left hand and pull to my left rear (trying to get him to discharge and hopefully lockup because of my grip. Go for my strong side fixed blade and go to town. I believe I would spontaneously evacuate everything above my a-hole, whether I survived or not. :1saufen: Surprise can carry you a long ways......one hopes!

Starbuck's seemed to work, for this guy:
    http://www.totalprotectioninteractiv...ead.php?t=1283

Assistant Administrator
    This also brings up a point for us - where distance is our friend.

If a BG is close enough to try this on us if maybe we have him covered then - bad news. Thinking Tueller etc - I'd prefer to have something go down at at least 5 yards or more ... not that we get to choose! Control of our own gun is a major consideratioon always.

Perhaps we should consider the revo too - where any ''slide'' control won't affect things much, in which case side sweep is only thing to help.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I've been well "trained" by the Three Stooges to simply stick my finger(probably the middle one) in the end of the bbl. That(they say) will make their gun blow up and leave me unharmed. Surprised you other guys hadn't heard of that technique.----------

I looked at your link and...

...am very nervous about where the gun was pointed between picture 3 and picture 4.

Never mind. I re-read the description and suddenly realized that these were two different techniques rather than a continuation of one technique.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

You should be nervous, even if the descriptions make sense. There's no safe way to disarm someone pointing a loaded gun at you -- there are only varying degrees of desperation.

A buddy and I practice this technique with airsoft guns. It's amazing how often you can get off line before the other guy pulls the trigger - and he's even expecting it. We're not experts but use a technique taught to us by a guy that used to be an instructor at TDI in Ohio. Basically grabbing the gun while getting off line, then turning the gun towards the thumb into an arm bar. If you pull it off, you don't necessarily need to disengage the slide. The gun will be out of his control, pointing at him, and with the wrist bent inwards you have full control at this point.

Having said that - I think I would be in the brown pants category. Obviously only a maneuver if no other choice. Another thing to consider - anyone stupid enough to get this close to you with a gun isn't trained which will most likely make your job a little bit easier.

Joe

I'm also reminded of the video that was posted a while back of the Tom Cruise movie where the BG and a friend were blown away by Tom. Can anyone repost that?

I think this is it. Exactly on topic!!

http://www.the-roberts.info/gallery/...collateral.mpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links