Hypothetical scenario in liquor store

This is a discussion on Hypothetical scenario in liquor store within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by hinkleid Only a brain dead DA would charge someone in this, and we all know that no DA's are brain dead as ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hypothetical scenario in liquor store

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    Only a brain dead DA would charge someone in this, and we all know that no DA's are brain dead as they made it through Law school and passed the BAR exam.
    Braaaaaainssssss..............

Braaaaaainssssss...............

2. Remove Ads

Well a lot depends on how much I believe .....

Quote Originally Posted by MountainPacker View Post
    Fair enough.

But if a situation played out like this where you were expecting no trouble, what would you do?
    The bad guy is about to shoot the clerk or my friend. I am allowed to protect another in my state as long as the situation meets the criteria of self-defense. If that were the case I would shoot to stop the attack after a warning to drop the gun. Bear in mind I don't' know exactly where people are standing and that may take away a clean shot. I'm not going to shoot if I fear hitting an Innocent person.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    I will go with the standard answer. You should avoid situations like that to begin with. If you think you need a gun to go somewhere, you shouldn't be going there in the first place.
    That strikes me as a strange response. If I lived by that standard I would
    A) Never go anywhere as I think bad things happen every where at any time to anyone
    B) I would not feel the need to CC because as you said I would only go where a gun would not be needed.

But I do not live by that standard I do not think there is a place on the planet that a gun would never be needed. I have not opted to allow the BG to determine where or when I go where I need to be. So I go where I need to when I need to and I go as prepared as I can be.

In response to the OP's question I would stop the threats to life and property as quickly as I though it was safe and reasonable to do so
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

LongRider,

The OP said, "I went with him simply to cover his backside."

That was what I was referring to. I do not live in a glass bubble, and I realize that a threat can be encountered at any time. That is why I choose to carry.

But I am not going to deliberately put myself into a more dangerous situation so that a friend can pick up alcohol in a bad neighborhood so that I can "cover his backside."

If you find that strange, then I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Glad to see that there was only one
    Let him get the money and leave
    statement.

I am not willing to gamble that the BG is going to walk without firing a shot. Too frequently of late have the BGs started shooting/executing witnesses.

To the OP. You do realize that your activities are the same as a BGs? Two individuals approach the cashier, one hangs back looking around, the other distracting the cashier...
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links