Crime Alert Notice on our door this morning.

This is a discussion on Crime Alert Notice on our door this morning. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any time there's a crime in our complex (at least the ones they feel compelled to tell us about ), we get these "Crime Alert ...

Thread: Crime Alert Notice on our door this morning.

Crime Alert Notice on our door this morning.

Any time there's a crime in our complex (at least the ones they feel compelled to tell us about ), we get these "Crime Alert Notices" stuck on our door. They post these late in the evenings, they don't knock to let us know so we can't ask questions, and in general I think it's the management's attempt to limit their liability. Anyway, here's what the notice said this morning:

Apartment Community: Brookridge
    Today's Date: June 17, 2008
    Date of Occurrence: June 13, 2008
    Approximate Time of Occurrence: 9:30pm
    Place of Occurrence: Parking Lot Near "B" Building

We are notifying you of an incident that occurred at the following location:
    We recently received report that a resident was robbed by two black males wearing bandana's. Resident was not injured.

This incident has been reported to the proper law enforcement agency, and to our knowledge, the perpetrator responsible for this crime:

___X___ has not been identified or apprehended.

The report as given to us by law enforcement states the following:
    The Report is not available at this time.

That's what the Notice says, word for word, grammatical errors and all. For those of you who think preparing for multiple attackers or the need for more than "two or three rounds" is paranoia, well ... there it is. This is why I carry at least a 9mm whenever possible and ALWAYS carry at least one spare mag (along with a large Benchmade) whenever I step out the door, because you just never know what might happen. Heck, if it were legal and I could manage it, I'd carry an 870 in a shoulder rig along with my IWB pistol.

I guess I'm still on edge from our attempted break in a few years back (AFAIK, that guy was never caught either). It takes a heck of a lot less these days to put me in condition orange than it use to and it's rare that I sleep more than two or three hours in one stretch.
    Jack

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm afraid we are all going to be more and more aware of things like this happening...note the taxi driver who was shot and killed in Nashville (yesterday?). Stay safe, and visit SA II often!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Be glad they are informing everyone. A lot of places would keep that hush - hush not to hurt their business. You can't expect to get a lot of information. There is only so much that the police will give out and then if the complex does get info, there is only so much that they will give out. Both the police and complex face liabilty if someone acts wrongfully on info they gave out.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    For those of you who think preparing for multiple attackers or the need for more than "two or three rounds" is paranoia, well ... there it is. This is why I carry at least a 9mm whenever possible and ALWAYS carry at least one spare mag (along with a large Benchmade) whenever I step out the door, because you just never know what might happen. Heck, if it were legal and I could manage it, I'd carry an 870 in a shoulder rig along with my IWB pistol.
    That's not paranoia, it's intelligent. Unlike a movie or book read many times before, real life can not be predicted and though it's statistically less likely to be attacked by multiple perps, how would anyone know that you may be that "unlikely" statistic? You don't.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Links