What would you do if....... - Page 3

What would you do if.......

This is a discussion on What would you do if....... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NV Resident I recently got into a traffic altercation on the freeway. Bottom line is that the other driver purposely tried to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you do if.......

Quote Originally Posted by NV Resident View Post
    I recently got into a traffic altercation on the freeway. Bottom line is that the other driver purposely tried to force me into the concrete barrier in the far right lane at 60 MPH! He made contact with my vehicle and pushed, but I held the wheel and the puke took off.

My question is if I had my pistol, could I have shot at him to stop the threat? That seems dangerous too, but I could have been killed by this guy.

He made contact with your vehicle trying to push you into a wall. I would have jerked the wheel back to the rear of his vehicle causing him to wreck, called the police and advised them of what happened. YOu can bet that witness' would be around.

Lug nut rule always works. =)

Legal to shoot? I doubt it.
    Mighty HD

Just another unlaw abiding uncitizen from Mexico and you wonder why I wish we would get serious about closing the borders and kicking them out of the US
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator

An added thought

If you have never fired multiple rounds of major caliber handgun inside a tight, confined space without hearing protection - I can assure you that you're in for an experience that you and your ears will not soon forget.

If you are driving...firing w/ the muzzle out the drivers side window is cool.

Firing from behind the wheel through the vehicle and out or through the passenger side window is literally deafening.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Well, at least they caught him.Hopefully, he'll get an all expenses paid trip back to where he came. BTW, where were you at the thime? Just curious if I need to keep an eye out. Are you here in Vegas, or up north?
    Hi Squawker; 215 and Jones, Sin City. Be safe down here.

Administrator
    I didnt bother to read four pages of posts, so I apologize if this was already addressed, here is my question;

How would shooting the other driver save your life?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I didnt bother to read four pages of posts, so I apologize if this was already addressed, here is my question;

How would shooting the other driver save your life?
    It wouldn't. I didn't. And thankfully nobody was hurt. Not even the illegal gentleman that so purposefully struck me.

Reading through this...man, I know those other drivers are annoying...but when you're carrying (or, at least when I'm carrying), you have got to just...be a bigger man than those a**clowns out there.

Fine. He cut you off. That's annoying. And more than little frightening. He's an idiot--he just proved it.

But, by leaning on the horn...you just went and escalated a everyday traffic annoyance into a potentially lethal confrontation.

Yeah--YOU did it. And you're asking if you'd be justified in shooting.

Consider that--really consider it.

I don't know who said this originally--and I'm probably butchering it by paraphrasing...but, I firmly believe this: You can carry a gun, or you can carry a temper. You can't carry both.

That's all I got on this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

When he cut you off, he didn't hit you. Hence no need to blow the horn. If he was about to hit you, no time to hit the horn; instead, use defensive driving techniques to avoid being hit. I can't see many, if any, reasons for blowing the horn. It's a useless piece of equipment that only serves to escalate situations.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I disagree completely with some of the posters that say a horn is a useless piece of equipment or that it should not be used, or that it would escalate the situation.

There are plenty of times I have had to use my horn when someone was cutting in front or me or doing some other thing, that they had no idea they were doing. It definately got their attention, since many people aren't paying attention to their driving or are on the phone or doing whatever, the horn is still a very usefull part of the auto.

I also don't get how you can't drive, hit the breaks, steer, and hit the horn all at the same time. I usually drive with one hand on the wheel, and one hand on the shifter, so moving the right hand to the horn is not that difficult.

Glad you now realize that using a gun in this situation is not an appropriate alternative. Glad your only out a bit of car damage, and no the guy probably won't make it back to the boarder expense paid for this one, sadly.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Also these days I don't blow the horn at anyone.Might as well not even have a horn.

Right, and don't give him a single finger salute, don't give him a nasty look, don't give him ONE SINGLE REASON to escalate the situation further. Get away from him ASAP. There are just TOO MANY complete whackos out there who'll cap you in a heartbeat and never give it a second thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links