Attempted car jacker... - Page 4

Attempted car jacker...

This is a discussion on Attempted car jacker... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am so glad this worked out OK. By not shooting, you saved yourself a lot of grief and as it turned out, it worked ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Attempted car jacker...

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I am so glad this worked out OK. By not shooting, you saved yourself a lot of grief and as it turned out, it worked out for the best. I keep thinking anytime nobody gets shot is a good day.

I do have a few questions.

Were you parked? Was there a car parked in front of you? Could you have driven away quickly had the engine been running and the car was in drive?

How did he see your gun if you were shining the light in his eyes?

As he was approaching, could you have left and circled back to pick up the woman a few minutes later? Did they have cell phones so you could alert them?

All I know is I would have been cleaning up a big mess in my car had that been me.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Bravo, jp. That is the crux of the matter right there, and I applaud you for it.

Your awareness was top notch. Your preparedness was top notch. When you saw his gun, it sounds like you knew you might have to shoot but you also knew that there was still a choice. You were aware of the innocents around you in the event a gunfight did break out.

Maybe you could have made better use of cover, but it sounds like you did everything else exactly, 100% right. Well done!
    +1! I've said this before but so much bravado on what one would do in similar circumstances. Me, my greatest concern, after taking someone's life, would be soiling my pants.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links