Defensive Carry banner

Out To Dinner & A Movie & A Bullet

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  CLASS3NH 
#1 ·
Huh? A Real Life Murder Mystery At The Movies? :confused:
More "ACTION PACKED ADVENTURE" at the Lobby Concession Stand than sitting in front of the Big Silver Screen.
This is the first time I ever remember hearing about a shooting inside a movie theater in PGH.

I said I wanted you to get me BUTTERED POPCORN!!!...Bam! Bam! Bam! :dead:

Suspect Sought In Deadly Shooting At Loews Theatre

(KDKA/AP) Homestead Allegheny County homicide detectives are looking for suspects in a deadly shooting last night at the Loews Cineplex at The Waterfront.

Officials say someone shot Shelton Flowers, 30, of Wilkinsburg, at least three times after an argument near the concession stand inside the movie theater.

Authorities shut down the 22-screen multiplex after the shooting.

Police were looking for witnesses to the shooting and didn't immediately charge anyone.

Meanwhile, police are boosting patrols near the theater from 6 p.m. until Midnight.

Police Chief Chris Deasy tells KDKA's Bob Allen, "We made a decision to have a total of four police officers from West Homestead patrolling the Loews Theater area... the parking lot, inside, wherever we can be seen."

The theater may even install metal detectors to check people for weapons as they enter.

Wednesday's shooting isn't the first problem for the popular entertainment-and-shopping complex just east of Pittsburgh.

Last Christmas, so many unruly teens jammed the lobby of the cineplex that the theater canceled eight shows and stopped selling tickets that night.

Later, the theater hired more security and then instituted a policy banning unsupervised teens and children at the
theater on popular moviegoing holidays like Easter and Christmas.

See less See more
#3 ·
I thought same as Rick!!!

Mind you - if a theater starts using metal detectors and banned carry 100% then it would be one I'd not patronize. If however they checked for actual carry permits - as against illegal CCW that might be different.

As a patron in such a place I sure as heck want my piece with me - against a situation similar to what took place, which coulda been worse even.

#5 ·
Meanwhile................

If somebody was gunning for ME...that would be the perfect time to "Waste Me" - Right after a movie when I hit the brighter light.
PLUS I always feel slightly "Disoriented" right when a movie is over & I'm walking up the aisle & out into the lobby.
It's a combination of the dark room & the bright screen & the usually LOUD volume & sitting so long...in combination with how much I really "Get Into" any movie that I go to see.

I would probably be the perfect "Sitting Duck" directly following a movie.

#6 ·
QKShooter said:
If somebody was gunning for ME...that would be the perfect time to "Waste Me" - Right after a movie when I hit the brighter light.
PLUS I always feel slightly "Disoriented" right when a movie is over & I'm walking up the aisle & out into the lobby.
It's a combination of the dark room & the bright screen & the usually LOUD volume & sitting so long...in combination with how much I really "Get Into" any movie that I go to see.

Heck since the illness i'm that way a lot, but I still carry at the movies, call it paronoid.

#7 ·
QKShooter said:

Instead of after the movie, I'd be more paranoid while watching the movie and someone plugging me in the back of the head in almost total darkness.

#8 ·
"Instead of after the movie, I'd be more paranoid while watching the movie and someone plugging me in the back of the head in almost total darkness."

Sit In The Last Row!...problem solved :rofl:

#12 ·
I prefer to sit in the back row. I hate ending up with popcorn in my hair or the teenager sitting behind me putting his feet up on my seat. :grumpy:

(And another good use of a Surefire is to to light up that dark seat before sitting on it. You never know what's stuck to a seat!)

During one movie, the boyfriend of a girl in the theatre came in and wanted her to leave with him. She said no, and it got louder and escalated from there. It started to raise the hairs on the back of my neck, and I was wondering if I was going to have to leave and call in security. Just then, one of the theatre workers (no older than the teens arguing) came in and asked him to leave, since he did not have a ticket to see the movie, and he was being disruptive. He actually left with no trouble - I assumed that since he was being aggressive towards his girlfriend, he was going to do the same to the young female worker who was the same age.

The theatre attendant gave all of us free movie passes after the movie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.