Rack the slide?

This is a discussion on Rack the slide? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gelicious From my stand point. Racking the slide is a good idea. If you had to defend yourself in court after a ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rack the slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelicious View Post
    From my stand point. Racking the slide is a good idea. If you had to defend yourself in court after a shooting situation, it would be nice to be able to say I verbally instructed the intruder to leave and I racked my shotgun to let him know that I meant it. Not that you really need to do any of those in your own home, it just looks better to a jury.
    If you are silent and do things right the only people that will be able to talk to the jury will be you and the mrs.

-Alex
    -Never insult a man you are not prepared to fight, and never fight a man you are not prepared to kill.

2. Remove Ads

Yea I get it SIXTO. The only flaw I see is that if somebody practices it several times. And then gets in the real situation and can't make it work because of his bodies reaction to possible combat. I understand that if you had your fine motor skills that it would be a good choice. However I think this would be a hard thing to predict until the moment of truth.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJake View Post
    Yea I get it SIXTO. The only flaw I see is that if somebody practices it several times. And then gets in the real situation and can't make it work because of his bodies reaction to possible combat. I understand that if you had your fine motor skills that it would be a good choice. However I think this would be a hard thing to predict until the moment of truth.
    I store my shotgun without a round in the chamber, tube full. This is how I would chamber the first round. I pull one from the side saddle and slip it in real quiet like so as not to give anything away to the intruder. Remember in this scenario he is still downstairs, not at the bedroom door just yet.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links