Friends Mugged @ Fast Food

This is a discussion on Friends Mugged @ Fast Food within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am relatively new to CCW but I have trained myself for years to be aware about what is going on around you. I have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friends Mugged @ Fast Food

Friends Mugged

I am relatively new to CCW but I have trained myself for years to be aware about what is going on around you. I have also encouraged my wife who is handicapped ann vulnurable to be aware also.

I don't normally frequent convenience stores but when I do I don't just go aimlessly walking in. I sit in the truck for a few seconds surveying the parking lot, ice machine, telephone, the entrance and thesurrounding area. With practivce it doewn't take long. Look for something that doesn't look rite or out of place.

Secondly, avoid conflict. Walk away before you become involved. Same goes for restaurants,malls, especially parking lots and stores.

A little bit of awareness goes a long way. No one else is responsible for you so do it yourself.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    I don't normally frequent convenience stores but when I do I don't just go aimlessly walking in. I sit in the truck for a few seconds surveying the parking lot, ice machine, telephone, the entrance and thesurrounding area. With practivce it doewn't take long. Look for something that doesn't look rite or out of place.
    It's amazing how far this goes, and how quickly. I don't catch everything, but since wrapping my head around my own security in ~1991-92, I have yet to be caught with my guard down. Prior to that, let's just say that having the head in a cloud didn't do me any favors.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    I know every town has it's crime, but the illegal's and drug crime here is higher than normal. Stay safe man...I do love Arizona...we need to take our state back!
    My wife moved out of Mesa / Phoenix area because her son was eleven about the age boys are required to pick what gang they are going to be in if they want to live. Typically by the time they are fourteen they are active gang members or dead or doing time so long that they are forgotten about. The first year she was in Seattle watching TV news doing the usual New Years review of the past year 1998. The news said it was a horrible year for murder in Seattle. That year the skyrocketing murder rate in Seattle had hit a total of eight murders. She literally fell out of her chair laughing. Picked up the phone and called her sister in Phoenix and asked her how many had been killed in Phoenix during 1998 and was told is was something like 368 murders in Phoenix for 1998. When my wife told her what Seattle called an huge number of murders her sister did not believe her. The only time she had ever accused my wife of lying. She to looked it up and still did not believe it. So used to the violence in Phoenix she had come to accept it as the norm Writing this it still shocks me how acclimated you all are to the violence. You are right the citizens of AZ really need to take their state back. I love going down there it is such a beautiful state with so much going for it
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    All I can say is at that time in my life after I would have healed up I would have found them one at a time and they would have each put teeth marks on a wooden baseball bat.

This happens in restaurants too. Just a few months back we had a family beat shot and abused by a gang of thugs at a well known chain restaurant in a fairly nice part of town. It can happen any where . Especially at 12 or 1 am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links