Crisis Point on tru tv

This is a discussion on Crisis Point on tru tv within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There's a show on tv playing tonight known as Crisis Point. A show about true encounters with armed bandits. I encourage you all to watch ...

Thread: Crisis Point on tru tv

Crisis Point on tru tv

There's a show on tv playing tonight known as Crisis Point. A show about true encounters with armed bandits. I encourage you all to watch it. There are several scenarios on there. Directv channel 246
    Last edited by cop2b; July 18th, 2008 at 09:26 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks

I caught the end... they replay a 12:00 am (DVR programed)

I caught it. My favorite part was the LEO exchanging fire with a BG. They were about two car lengths apart, with the BG protected by his vehicle and the LEO behind the cruiser. I counted 13 to 15 shots by the officer and at least 10 by the BG. The LEO stopped to reload and the BG tossed his gun and ran away. Neither person was hit in the exchange, but the white lexus had a lot of holes in it. I know it was a stressful situation, but I would think, with that many rounds flying around, someone would have been hit, if only by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by celticredneck View Post
    I caught it. My favorite part was the LEO exchanging fire with a BG. They were about two car lengths apart, with the BG protected by his vehicle and the LEO behind the cruiser. I counted 13 to 15 shots by the officer and at least 10 by the BG. The LEO stopped to reload and the BG tossed his gun and ran away. Neither person was hit in the exchange, but the white lexus had a lot of holes in it. I know it was a stressful situation, but I would think, with that many rounds flying around, someone would have been hit, if only by accident.
    That was a good one. All that fire and not good hits. Remember the LEO get a beat down by 3 thugs, he kept his cool and still made the arest with back up. What would you do?

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    They had one on recently that happened about a year or so ago near me. Well, about 45 min away (Denton, TX). State trooper backed up sheriff deputy on a chase. Guy ran into his house, dispatch said kids possibly in house. Shots fired both ways. Sheriff deputy hit & temporarily down. Trooper went to help, ran across open area to get cover behind deputy's car, gets hit in the femur. Sheriff didn't know trooper was hit. SWAT team arrives with rifles & shotguns blazing. A cop drives his car up near down officers per troopers request (for more cover). Another officer backs his car into the line of fire to evacuate the down officers. This almost completely blocks in the down officers to protect them from further gunfire. Trooper opens back door to slide deputy in, gets his gun belt caught on the seat. Finally gets them both out to ambulance waiting a mile away. Bad guy gets killed by SWAT team. The trooper said it took him about a year to return to duty. He also said that all the officers in his county have his back & he has theirs.

Man Dies After Allegedly Shooting Trooper In Standoff - News Story - KXAS | Dallas

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Good show!

VIP Member
    was a good show, I gotta add that to my "calendar"
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I have been watching that show, but sometimes I wonder about the camera angles. But everything in that station is true.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    They had one on recently that happened about a year or so ago near me. Well, about 45 min away (Denton, TX). State trooper backed up sheriff deputy on a chase. Guy ran into his house, dispatch said kids possibly in house. Shots fired both ways. Sheriff deputy hit & temporarily down. Trooper went to help, ran across open area to get cover behind deputy's car, gets hit in the femur. Sheriff didn't know trooper was hit. SWAT team arrives with rifles & shotguns blazing. A cop drives his car up near down officers per troopers request (for more cover). Another officer backs his car into the line of fire to evacuate the down officers. This almost completely blocks in the down officers to protect them from further gunfire. Trooper opens back door to slide deputy in, gets his gun belt caught on the seat. Finally gets them both out to ambulance waiting a mile away. Bad guy gets killed by SWAT team. The trooper said it took him about a year to return to duty. He also said that all the officers in his county have his back & he has theirs.

Man Dies After Allegedly Shooting Trooper In Standoff - News Story - KXAS | Dallas
    I think this is a clip of the rescue you are referring to.

YouTube - Rescue Attempt of Downed Officer

Quote Originally Posted by filinoy-pi View Post
    I have been watching that show, but sometimes I wonder about the camera angles. But everything in that station is true.
    The camera angles are re-enactments.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig sauer View Post
    I think this is a clip of the rescue you are referring to.

YouTube - Rescue Attempt of Downed Officer
    Nope. The one in Denton was not heavily wooded, it was more flat & open.

Just searched & found nothing.

My favorite is the one from Mobile Alabama where the armed bank robbers were shooting out the back of the get away car at the Mobile Officer and he was returning fire from the drivers seat of his cruiser.

That incident happened the last year we live in Mobile and I remember feeding the raw video to the network (CBS) from the station I worked at (WKRG) at the time. I also got to meet the Police Officer involved. He's a big guy, and kept his cool under fire from what turned out to be an SKS, while shooting back and driving his cruiser at the same time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links