Carjacked

This is a discussion on Carjacked within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I copied this from TPI(not me, thank God!). Good description, good analysis. "Because I should be writing a paper for school I thought I should ...

Thread: Carjacked

Carjacked

I copied this from TPI(not me, thank God!). Good description, good analysis.

"Because I should be writing a paper for school I thought I should not do that and give you some observations from my night last Sunday.

That being said its time for me to move there are gunshots out side of my house daily.

Never move somewhere because of cheap ass rent.

I got car jacked in front of my house at gun point.

Let’s see what we can learn for this and I thought I should toss this up for discussion.

I pulled into my drive way, did my typical scan that I do ever time I get out of the car. Saw a car take a right turn out of the alley from my house. A black male maybe 20 years old got out of the car and from about 25 feet away ran at me with a revolver screaming "give me your ****ing keys mother ****er"… I didn’t really think and I just yelled at him to hold up….. and he did…. Looking back it kinda surprised me that he actually stopped…. Anyways he sat there about ten feet away with the gun pointed at my chest…And screamed give me your ****ing keys mother ****er. So tossed my keys at the guy…... I was also with my roommate at the time…. Another surprising thing about this is I thought about running away but the dude was in between my house and behind me is the ally the car that just dropped the dude off was and I didn’t want to leave me buddy there with his d1(k in his hand……. Then the ****ing retard after he walk over other side of my car yells come over here show me what key it is and give me your money……. I told my roommate to run to the house. We ran to the house called to cops and waited the guy figured out what key it was and drove off.

Lesson’s learned.
    Awareness is great until you don’t have a gun.

I had knife on me etc…..I have played around with knife vs gun with airsoft and in ten feet I can creep up on the guy before he gets his gun out. I doubt I could get my knife before he managed to shoot me or my buddy.

Other than that I would have to caulk it up to win column.
    No one got hurt, my buddy was shook up.

Also I figured that if he was going to shoot me he would of as soon as he got out of the car, he would have asked me for keys and **** then shot me…. That = more time than just shooting me outright running over and grabbing my keys.

It’s only a car it’s not worth getting shot over.

If and I am saying a big if I had my gun it could have been a totally, totally different story. I know for a fact I could get my gun out and shoot some son of a ***** before he could shoot me from 25 feet when I first saw him.

Oh cops never found him, they did find my car tho I haven’t seen it yet still in the crime lab…. Being a broke ass is great I only had like 3 gallons of gas in my car he ran out of gas stupid mother****er.

Questions? Discussion etc."
    Last edited by QKShooter; November 21st, 2005 at 11:04 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Use the multi thousand pound tool!
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Lead Moderator
    Better to give up your car than your life.

VIP Member
    Given that situation I probably would have used the car to run him over.

Then being in that mode I probably would've backed up and tried to hit the drop vehicle as well.

He lived, which is good. You never know. The LEOs I know have told me to fight carjackers because more often than not they shoot you anyway.

-Scott-

Unless I'm mistaken, from the description given the car was already off when the carjacker appeared on the scene. In that situation, I think what he did was the best that could be done. The BG had the tactical advantage with an unholstered weapon and the element of surprise. If the car was still on, then running him over was probably a viable option, but I wasn't there so there's no way for me to judge. He's still breathing and so is his friend, given the circumstances outcomes don't get much better than that.
    Last edited by Roadrunner; November 22nd, 2005 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Didn't read description carefully enough
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Yeah, IIRC, from what he posted later, he was out of the car, going to the trunk, which he had popped, and his buddy was getting his gear out.

He did get off very, very lucky. His most salient observation (to me)was that awareness, without a firearm, was useless. His friend was completely "white", and of no use. I would agree that you're probably much better to fight (if the option is in any way present), as jackers are extremely hyped and trigger-happy.

DOH! I completely missed the first sentence of your post Rob. If I could make a request to everyone who posts other's experiences on forums such as these; please put the other guy's post in a quote box. It makes it immediately obvious that you aren't the narrator of events and prevents mistakes like the one I made earlier in this thread. Thanks.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Lightbulb

Throw the keys hard off to the side and as the BG's eyes track the toss, HAUL A$$! Extremely doubtful his ability to hit a moving target or two of them. If still in the car use the vehicle. This is one reason to own a 4x4 truck or SUV. Punky little japanese rice burners, while great on gas, stink for defense. Kinda like the car version of a mouse gun. But, better than nothing.

In 1996, four high school punks tried to run me off the road and carjack me while I was in my 4x4 Explorer. They were in a mini-van. I didn't have to play demolition derby. Just drew my 1911 and showed it to them. They decided that discretion was the better part of crime. Thank God. I could already see the headlines:

High School Teacher WIPES OUT four Students!

I called the cops when I got home, as I didn't have a cell phone then. A State Attorney I shoot IDPA with said I would have been justified in shooting had I stopped or been forced off the road with no escape. Even unarmed multiple assailants would justify the shoot. But I could see these were KIDS, not adults. It was probably not the best solution, but it worked. They weren't bright enough or had no cell phone themselves to call in a harrassment charge first. He who reports first is the victim. I'll bet all four of them had to make a change of underwear. Those minvan tires were smokin'!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I've been reading the 'felonious assault' sections a little too much lately. Seems like most of the time when someone pulls a gun and asks for your wallet, car, watch, etc. They shoot you after you give it to them anyways. Don't know why - but the whole 'If they were going to shoot me they would have done it already' logic - while logical - doesn't work most of the time.

Links