Gun store robbed

Gun store robbed

This is a discussion on Gun store robbed within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This got me thinking; if I was there practicing,what woul I have done. CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Gun Shop Clerk Fires At Robbers - News Story ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun store robbed

Gun store robbed

This got me thinking; if I was there practicing,what woul I have done.
    CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Gun Shop Clerk Fires At Robbers - News Story - WFTV Orlando

get out of the line of fire, and watch the "would-be-theives" incase any further action was necessary.

thats what i'd say.

Wow thats the same place I went to for my CCW and this place was broken into at night like a week or so ago? I also found it kinda strange that its right next store to a strip club and a bar on the other side.

That is a tricky question. I think I would hit the deck and wait and see. Who knows who all is going to be firing off their weapons. Could be all 4 of the other bad guys, other guys at the range with guns, store clerks, who knows!
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

I'd hit the floor drawn to cover my area. I can see a gun shop going up in a situation like this, cross fire from everywhere.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

When I wander into stores/shops, I always look for exits and think of the possibilities if some wacko wants to start trouble.

Am I the only one who does this?

If this happened at my favorite gun shop...first they know me, so I won't be confused with the trash. Secondly, there are always 4-5 employees on hand and all OC...they all practice a lot.

For me? I'd be ducking behind a counter, or ducking out a back door. I would let the management explain the 'no return policy' on the lead.

Stay armed...know your surroundings...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I don't run so good and my gun range knows me by first name so I'm drawing and covering suspects,they make any moves I feel threatened by and I'll help them get a set of angel wings
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I'd hit the deck, LOADED GUN IN HAND, prepared to use it if needed. High stress situation. You show yourself with gun in hand, the staff don't know if your there to help them or the other BG's. You might just get yourself shot by the GG's.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Rieg's Gun Shop is in a very shady part of town, as trhoten says strip clubs all around. Shoot Straight in Castleberry (I think) just North of Orlando, was robbed about a year ago.

I don't know about you guys but a gun shop would be the last place I robbed (not that I would rob anywhere). The people working there are usually packing.

I'd be very cautious if drawing so as not to be identified as a 5th robber. I'd hate to be shot by the clerk for trying to help

VIP Member
    This is the second gun shop robbery/burglary I have heard of recently; one happened about 35 miles from where I live maybe 4 weeks ago. I bet there is a gang out there that is specializing in this sort of thing. And traveling around the country to find places to hit and market their stuff.

Hope the cops find some good prints and other evidence.

There should be a mandatory life sentence for hitting a gun shop. (Not that it is easier on other victims, but you know that if they are stealing guns they are really bad dudes.

Like what's already been said, hit the deck with loaded gun in hand. Only fire if necessary. I'd bet there's likely to already be enough gunfire going off.

Primary rule: Don't get shot!
    Secondary rule: Save your rear.

Too many variables in this situation. BG's, GG's, lots of guns.
    Get out as safely as possible.

Just my take....
    One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
    Vladimir Lenin

The employee then shot at the one suspect that had the gun........
    The bullets ended up out in the street, but no one was injured
    Hmm, if you work in a gun then I assume you would know how to use a gun, and assume that you can hit a man size target within 15 yards. I'm surprised that in all those shot's the gun store clerk didn't manage to hit a single one of the 5 robbers. Looking at the security camera images, it appears they are all within a 10 yard distance from clerks.

I cannot say how I would react in a life/death situation or how good my accuracy would be. However, this is a clear learning lesson for me, in that no matter how accurate you think you shoot a gun, these situations boil down to mental preparednes and being able to stay calm. I hope the clerk that shot uses this experience to go practice more. All of his shots would up going outside, and he is very fortunate not to have hit an innocent bystander/passer-by.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtiss View Post
    That is a tricky question. I think I would hit the deck and wait and see. Who knows who all is going to be firing off their weapons. Could be all 4 of the other bad guys, other guys at the range with guns, store clerks, who knows!
    I'll be as flat on the deck as a piece of paper lying on the ground. The only thing 3 dimensional will be the gun in my hand.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links