Wake up call for co-worker.

This is a discussion on Wake up call for co-worker. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I arrived at work and found one of my co-workers became a statistic. He was waiting for a bus to pick him up and a ...

Thread: Wake up call for co-worker.

Wake up call for co-worker.

I arrived at work and found one of my co-workers became a statistic. He was waiting for a bus to pick him up and a man walked up to him. The man( I use the word loosely here) proceeded to stick a gun in his face and rob him. The robber only got $4. He proceeded to get in a white Oldsmobile that fits the description of a vehicle used to leave the scene of a homicide of a store owner. The robber also fits the description of one of the men being sought in relation to the aforementioned crime. God was watching out for my co-worker I do believe. An officer saw the car leaving the scene and took my co-workers report and gave him a ride to work. Thank you Louisville police for protecting and serving the community. This makes me want my ccdw to arrive faster.

2. Remove Ads

Is your co-worker planning on getting his CCW permit? One would think so...

He's a lucky guy, the dirtbag could have shot him anyway for only having $4.

Stay armed...anytime/anywhere...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Is your co-worker planning on getting his CCW permit? One would think so...

Stay armed...anytime/anywhere...stay safe!
    I hope he would.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

You got to have some level of situational awareness... If someone walks up unnoticed and gets the drop on you... you're pretty hard pressed to effectively turn the tables.

Even if he was armed... his only safe option may have been to give up the money.

Trying to draw from concealed holster when the gun is already in your face is almost suicidal.

You would have to go hand to hand at least for a moment, bringing hand up to slap gun out of face, follow up with a strike to the trachea, back up and then draw and shoot. (that's only one possible counter attack. Each situation poses many variables and several options.)

In that situation, if you don't have the guts to act without hesitation and the mindset that you will destroy him with overwhelming violence and do not hesitate, you may be better off handing over your cash and hope for the best.

When out in public, just don't let people walk up on you without noticing it. Even if you are standing at a bus stop where it is expected to have people come up and join you.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Has it hit your friend yet, how close he was to the end? How is he handling it now?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

[QUOTE=retsupt99;795286]Is your co-worker planning on getting his CCW permit? One would think so...

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    I hope he would.
    You are replying to question number # 1 correct?

Links