Almost had to go to condition red yesterday...

This is a discussion on Almost had to go to condition red yesterday... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I was inside working on unpacking our new place when I heard a loud bang outside much like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost had to go to condition red yesterday...

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Exclamation Almost had to go to condition red yesterday...

Well I had an interesting day yesterday. I was inside working on unpacking our new place when I heard a loud bang outside much like a rock or something hitting an aluminum storm door. I looked out the window to see a dark car speeding by. Well I stepped out to see if maybe it was the newspaper because I hadn't gotten it yet, and it was a little late. There was no newspaper to be found. Just before I turned around to go back in, I look down the street because I heard people talking just on the other side of the cars in the middle of the street. There were two black males making haste down the road, mid 20's, gangster style... you know the type... at which point I heard them say "We gonna go rob someone..." as the lead guy took his shirt off exposing a white tank top (wife beater).

My flag went up instantly, they looked like they were on to something or running from something. I could tell they were up to no good. There were a few people down the road about 4 houses down, and I prayed to god they didn't look up at me, or rob them. I had my hand on the butt of my gun at this point watching them intently, but staying on my front porch. They continued on, and once they got past my place they walked down to the black car I saw speed by. It was double parked a few cars down. I saw these two black males open the door and shuffle thru the car, at which point I ran in and called the police.

A few moments later two Chambersburg PD cruisers arrived post haste. One asked which way they went, I told him and pointed him in the direction they went... and he took off. The other LEO took a report from me. As we were talking I heard over the radio that a lady just called to report that she had just been robbed. After the description that they had given of the two individuals, it matched the individuals that I had just seen. Apparently the robbers knew the lady they just robbed and made haste down to where I lived. So the LEO took down all my info, and said he'd be in touch, that I could be a witness in the case.

Just goes to show how quick things can go awry.

2. Remove Ads

nothing like a warm welcome to the new neighborhood
    "An armed society is a polite society" - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
    nothing like a warm welcome to the new neighborhood
    Thats the funny part, this is the better end of town.

Great way to keep cool and be a good witness. Sounds like the LEO in your city are fast, that is comforting as well.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Most people don't use we gonna go rob someone anywhere in a sentence during normal conversation so I guess I woulda been calling 911 at that point and had the HD shotty leaned up against the inside wall
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Speaking of new neighbors, I moved into my new house a year ago and the first week I went running a guy came chasing me down the street, I just kept running like I didn't have a clue, I shut off my ipod and pulled my knife, when I turned he said he thought I was one of his buddies. Taught me two things, don't run with your ipod so loud you can't hear someone come after you, b/c I had luckily saw him out of the corner of my eye and to be prepared when running at night. This really shocked me seeing how I live in a pretty uptown sub division. Two weeks later, I had my window open and was watching a movie around midnight and heard a thump, I looked outside to see mine and my dads truck being covered with toilet paper, our garage was too full of things to park in at the time. I called the police and they showed up to catch them doing it to another guy acrossed the street. When they arrested the guy, it was the same guy that had chased me and the officer informed me that the guy was a trouble maker in the neighborhood and that he probably was going to jump me the night I was running. Not only did the kid get arrested, but that same officer is my workout buddy at the gym now. Pays to know a cop :). Anyways, glad things worked out ok for you, luckily thats been the extent of my dangerous experiences.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

Sounds like you moved into the wrong neighborhood. I wouldn't unpack more than a toothbrush as you don't belong there!! Good luck be safe.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Did you get the license plate number of the car that they got into, so you could report it to the police?

I would have called the police at the time they said they were going to go rob someone I think.

I also would have either kept myself hidden and observed, called etc, or made it a point that they saw me by walking out into my yard and observing closer. Depending on the situation.

Hope they catch the guys, but with just a simple robbery, I am sure they will only get a slap on the wrist unfortunately.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Sounds like you moved into the wrong neighborhood. I wouldn't unpack more than a toothbrush as you don't belong there!! Good luck be safe.

NCH
    That the funny thing tho... this is the good side of town. Part of the reason we moved here.

Senior Moderator
    In some places there aint no "good end" of town anymore.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

It's def better then the south end....

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    In some places there aint no "good end" of town anymore.
    The only time there is a good end of town is when you don't live in one. My closest neighbor is more than a quarter mile away, and I like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by celticredneck View Post
    The only time there is a good end of town is when you don't live in one. My closest neighbor is more than a quarter mile away, and I like it that way.
    "Brains before Bullets"

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    You know if your going to rob somebody........you go to the good side of town..........that is where the good stuff is.......right?
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Everyone steals if the opportunity presents its self

YouTube - Blatant Neighborhood Robberies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links