Really glad I had my .40

This is a discussion on Really glad I had my .40 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to take my m4 on the next long trip!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really glad I had my .40

I am going to take my m4 on the next long trip!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Actually my 1911 only has 8 rounds but with 2 extra mags I don't feel under gunned,my keltec holds 10+1.you did good, the only thing is when you left did you take a route that got you as far away from the buildings as possible to prevent somebody from running out in front of your vehicle as you left.Also in the future try to plan her potty breaks in better areas
    Heh, if somebody were to run out in front of my vehicle in that situation, they'd have a real bad day, because I would not stop. Up and over, baby!
    For clarification, I was parked on the shoulder opposite the buildings, so they were a good 50 yards away, with an open field to the passenger side of the vehicle.

We do plan potty breaks to the extent possible, however, this particular stretch of road has a distinct lack of turnouts on the downhill side. I do know she'll pee in the seat before we stop there again....
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Good for you for getting the Glock out "just in case" before you even had a hint of trouble.

well done i would of done the same thing in that situtation, when your back is up against the wall you are going to do what you have been tranning for. ' IT IS BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY SIX " excuse my use of the caps but i am po when i read stuff like this glad it worked out for you and yours safely

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnirsson View Post
    Heh, if somebody were to run out in front of my vehicle in that situation, they'd have a real bad day, because I would not stop. Up and over, baby!
    Jeep is a highly under rated caliber IMO excellent knock down power and extremely accurate even in full auto
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Way to go.
    You were at the least in condition yellow ramped up to orange in an instant. Better than starting in white!
    Glad everything is fine.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Jeep is a highly under rated caliber IMO excellent knock down power and extremely accurate even in full auto
    Yep....a 9mm may expand, but a Jeep will never shrink!
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Cudos! Great cool head there. I am so glad the family was OK from this incident.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Sounds like everything went well and I think it was managed correctly.

Sure there may have been a few things you could have done differently... but there always will be.

Bottom line is that you didn't do anything wrong!

Way to stay alert and good job on leaving immediately!

No reason to hang around to wait and see! Just get on your way and avoid any potential bad situations.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

1) You kept you and yours safe.
    2) You lived to tell about it.
    3) You shared it with us. This is another lesson in the training file marked "Real Life Encounters."
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Glad you all are ok!!!!

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Outstanding. You can take away your own lessons and a lot of comments on the caliber/capacity issue.

But really, what it comes down to is this: The best way to win a gunfight is to not go to one. You dusted-off at the right time. Given your position and situation? I think most of us would be hard-pressed to do anything else for our kids. Well done.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Stay armed...always think ahead...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    no critique here...darn fine job. I have little ones myself, and that was the best way to handle it...stand guard, and much easier to use that vehicle to get family out of there than it is to fight, shoot and kill 4+ scumbags...way to use your head, and think clearly...and +1 for the wife to act quickly.
    Adrenaline is a strange duck...just think if you could bottle that and sell it...that is what caused the shakes afterward.
    I have felt the same way about carrying my jframe at times..it is plenty of gun in most situations, but once in a while that hi-cap mag carries alot of comfort.
    god bless you and your family
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    Adrenaline is a strange duck...just think if you could bottle that and sell it...that is what caused the shakes afterward.
    Yeah, just think ... ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links