Really glad I had my .40 - Page 3

Really glad I had my .40

This is a discussion on Really glad I had my .40 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Metro 40 Yep....a 9mm may expand, but a Jeep will never shrink! I dont know though.. I question whether that would get ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really glad I had my .40

Quote Originally Posted by Metro 40 View Post
    Yep....a 9mm may expand, but a Jeep will never shrink!
    I dont know though.. I question whether that would get acceptable levels of penetration..
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro 40
    Yep....a 9mm may expand, but a Jeep will never shrink!
    I dont know though.. I question whether that would get acceptable levels of penetration..
    Yes, but as stated accuracy and knock down power should more than compensate. Plus there is the potential for a through and through.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

me
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz13 View Post
    Depends on the height of the attacker/ how he is standing when the round hits him. It could take his head off if the placement is right.

What I worry about is the lack of high capacity jeeps.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Staying alert and getting out of trouble quickly is a very powerful weapon!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Yes, but as stated accuracy and knock down power should more than compensate. Plus there is the potential for a through and through.
    Hmmm... i wonder if AAC could make a can in JEEP...

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    What I worry about is the lack of high capacity jeeps.
    BE CAREFUL!! You used the evil "H.C." word! I don't want Brady coming after my Jeep too!
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

I know how you feel being alerted to a suspicious noise and trying to get people around you to be quiet and freeze. It's madding, glad your wife was aware, the 4yr old is tough to keep quiet when needed. Practice freeze drills with my wife and kids and that has helped. Cling-On.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Fjolnirsson,

Glad to hear that the avoidance strategy worked once again.

You said:

Just to satisfy my curiosity, could you furnish a couple more details? The setup you describe sounds odd and vaguely creepy. Is the area residential at all - that is, are there houses close enough by that the people you heard could have filtered down from a neighborhood of some sort, of would they have had to drive there and park?

Did you see any cars parked anywhere besides your own?

How busy is this road at night, typically - lot of traffic, or nearly deserted?

ppkheat said:

Yes, indeed. I hope that you don't give up on making contact with the local authorities, not the Staties. I know nothing bad happened that you know of, but it's a good thing whenever the public lets the police know that they notice suspicious activity and are discomfited by it. It strengthens the partnership between us and the cops by showing we care, and I think it provides more motivation for them to step up their presence in the area.
    yes, what was this place just some stores that the loggers used to buy stuff at like a small abandoned ghost town?
    maybe you and a lot of other good cc people should go there on a weekend in the middle of the day and have a bar-b-que .
    sort of show the creeps everyone knows about them.
    that's the type of thing i bet longrider would like to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnirsson View Post
    Sunday night, I was driving home from Bend with my wife and daughter. My daughter being only 4, she can seldom go long periods without a bathroom break, so we carry an "emergency potty" in the cargo area of our Jeep. We were about a half hour from home, when she announced she had to go. I pulled over at the first likely place, a wide spot in the road where there was a small collection of stores. They look like they were last open about 30 years ago, before the spotted owl killed the logging in the area...
    LOL Having hunted in and around that area a few years back I knew exactly where you were talking about immediately... Thar's some strage 2 legged predators in that general neck of the woods.. Glad you and the family are safe and that your SA was top notch that night.
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Wow, I was getting that queasy SHTF feeling in my gut while reading that story. Not a moment to spare in your escape.

Anyone hear banjos playing?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links