First encounter while carrying...

This is a discussion on First encounter while carrying... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AUTOMAG Explain what semi-famous means!!!! Just curious thats all!! I race Downhill Mountain bikes. I'm pretty good at what i do. I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First encounter while carrying...

Quote Originally Posted by AUTOMAG View Post
    Explain what semi-famous means!!!! Just curious thats all!!

I race Downhill Mountain bikes. I'm pretty good at what i do. I live in a bike friendly area.

People recognize me....(bragging off)
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

As a former police officer, I can't tell you how many robberies started in a parking lot with some sort of approach like, "do you have a match," or do you have change for a 5?" I do not let people approach me. Not long ago while on vacation in Tahoe, A guy tried to approach me as I was getting the door for my wife in a parking lot. I moved so the car was between me and the guy. I told him to stop where he was. We had a short conversation and he left. Better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I mean...nobody at Wal Mart ever actually 'returns' their carts to anywhere do they?
    Uh Oh, guilty.
    There are times I visit WallyWorld at 5am, I keep situationally aware. My biggest fear turned out to be a group of folks that work there... Glad I don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Welcome, Ranger Rick! Probably taking 15 minutes to calm down is normal, I should think. You did well.

Though before I read the next line I thought you cleared leather and screamed like a teenage girl at a horror movie: that would certainly work to get me moving if I were nearby!
    Admittedly, I probably would scream like the above.

And RR, it would take me longer to calm down too.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    TEN RULES
    FOR
    DATING MY DAUGHTER

Rule Two:
    You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.
    Last line needs a little clarification if I remember correctly:
    - and I don't mean just from her body.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    one good thing is you won't fall for that again, and nothing bad happened this time...
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I think you did about as good as a person could (regardless of semi-fame). IMHO, we live in a civil society, and BG have the advantage

Initiative +1 on rolls for those who have ever played a RPG.

So until your fame grows, and you have bodyguards to take care of the situation, what else could you do but learn.

Wink I've got two of them....

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Thanks for the link on the kerambit, but the $13.00 shipping charge is way too steep for a $9.00 piece of plastic.
    It's plastic and it looks nothing like any sort of weapon with which people are familiar. It look innocuous and I flat guarantee that a potential BG won't see it as a threat until he's flat on his .... back. Then you own him. I have two of them. Great for places I don't normally carry a firearm, like when I take my daughter to the county fair or chaperone a school field trip. It's a slightly "large-ish" key fob. I think that use of such an impact weapon would be far superior to any chemical spray.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links