Three Armed Men Rob Bank - how do you react? - Page 3

Three Armed Men Rob Bank - how do you react?

This is a discussion on Three Armed Men Rob Bank - how do you react? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, the last thing I ever want to do is play hero. But, what I want less is dying like a cockroach while I'm licking ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Armed Men Rob Bank - how do you react?

Administrator
    Well, the last thing I ever want to do is play hero.
    But, what I want less is dying like a cockroach while I'm licking a bank floor.

Well, like I said before... I have some general predetermined strategies for a typical bank robbery scenario.

However, stating concrete answers to hypothetical situations rarely end the way you want.

No plan survives first contact with the enemy. That is true.

Bottom line is, I have no "intention" of being the one to initiate the shooting. But if situation dictates, I won't hesitate to either, if I believe it is the only option left.

One thing is for certain. If I am ever a bank patron when a robbery goes down, I won't be frozen like the other sheep, which is what they expect.

I will cooperate to the extent possible, but the entire time, I will be scheming, maneuvering and plotting a course of attack and ways to get the upper hand should it come to that.

These situations are always going to be fluid in nature, and always high stakes. The one thing they expect is for everyone to be like the rest of the herd. They aren't expecting a "sleeper" in the midst, waiting to jump at the first opportunity, if needed.

Again, if all goes well, I'm not going to be the one to initiate gunfire, but I will if there is no other choice or if the shooting has already started.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

In desperate times, I often ask myself " What would Gecko do?"
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    Bank money is insured. You're right. No shooting - don't shoot. Make yourself invisible and be a good witness.
    I agree, that is how I would be. Unless they started shoot people, then not to much to lose.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    In desperate times, I often ask myself " What would Gecko do?"
    That's good stuff right there.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Stay cool and be ready...don't be a hero.
    The BG's are after the cash so let them have it and take notes.

Be ready to react if the situation arises. If you life is on the line, then the lead starts flyin'!

Just my 2 cents.
    One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
    Vladimir Lenin

About 99.9% of all bank robbers get caught... sooner or later. Bank robbers don't try to shoot witnesses... there are too many and too many cameras. Most do not actually point a weapon at anyone, although some do.

I'ld just watch, be a good witness, and be prepared to react in case this bank robber decided to do anything beyond getting the money and leaving.

If he points a gun in my face, well........ we'll see what happens from there.

VIP Member
    Well I tend OC in the summer when I want to carry a big gun like my 629. Which I tend to do the one or two days a year I actually physically go to the bank. So I suppose since I won't be hiding it, I'd best commence to shooting it. I always watch entrances so I would get to be the unexpected variable in their plan I guess.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    ...Bank robbers don't try to shoot witnesses... there are too many and too many cameras. Most do not actually point a weapon at anyone, although some do.
    Please read the link in my earlier post. It documents an incident that refutes your assertion.

Eagleks was speaking in generalizations, which are generally true. The incident you mention was horrid and unusual. The unlikely possibility that they might start shooting might not always be the best justification to start the shooting oneself... if they do manage to kill you (and the odds aren't spectacularly in your favor), they might just go ahead and kill everyone since they're already up for first-degree murder and whatnot.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by biasedbulldog View Post
    Eagleks was speaking in generalizations, which are generally true. The incident you mention was horrid and unusual. The unlikely possibility that they might start shooting might not always be the best justification to start the shooting oneself... if they do manage to kill you (and the odds aren't spectacularly in your favor), they might just go ahead and kill everyone since they're already up for first-degree murder and whatnot.
    I will not risk my life by a generalization. Generally speaking, I most likely will never be attacked. It is only a minority that get attacked. Does that mean I should not exercise my 2A rights? I think not.

And I have no control over what the bank robbers do. And I do not subscribe to the theory of "if I start shooting, I am going to make it worse for everybody". I am not responsible for the bad guys actions, pretty plain and clear to me.

My first responsibility is my families and my safety, a close second is for me to not directly harm an innocent (meaning I do not discharge a round into them) as long as it does not conflict with my first responsibility. That's about it for me.

If they kill me, it will be with my boots on and engaging them, not kissing the floor and praying for a miracle.

I'm not there to protect bank money. I'd probably try to stay concealed and get some cover.

If my life were directly at risk, I'd shoot. Maybe I'd shoot to protect the life of the teller if she was a good teller. The mean, tempermental teller? Fend fer yerself!!!

You risk your life on generalizations every day. Generally speaking, people don't die driving.

You have the responsibility to act prudently; escalating a robbery into a gunfight seems lacking in prudence to me.

But that's merely my own opinion, and I suppose we'll have to "agree to disagree."
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by biasedbulldog View Post
    You risk your life on generalizations every day. Generally speaking, people don't die driving.

You have the responsibility to act prudently; escalating a robbery into a gunfight seems lacking in prudence to me.

But that's merely my own opinion, and I suppose we'll have to "agree to disagree."
    I will be prudent in my way and you in yours. I'll agree to disagree on this one.

Why don't we make a pact here and now that we'll all go do our banking together.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links