SWAT team shows teachers how to deal with a shooter

This is a discussion on SWAT team shows teachers how to deal with a shooter within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There are special devices that can be added to classrooms that not only discourage these murderous rampages, but can actually halt them even before the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SWAT team shows teachers how to deal with a shooter

There are special devices that can be added to classrooms that not only discourage these murderous rampages, but can actually halt them even before the SWAT team is rolling. They are called concealed weapons.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    There are special devices that can be added to classrooms that not only discourage these murderous rampages, but can actually halt them even before the SWAT team is rolling. They are called concealed weapons.
    Openly carried weapons would work as well and would be much better at discouraging than concealed weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I almost wonder if the situation existed where you had no time to evac the students, and all you had time to do was to barricade and set up defensive position, if something like this would actually work:

Hydra-lock Protecting schools during Active Shooter Scenarios

I spotted it there when I was snagging a few other items a couple of weeks ago.
    Hydra-lock looks interesting, but it only problems a partial block to the doors, limiting movement to 2-10" which they claim is less than most people can fit through. Since school shootings are often done by students and not full-sized adults, a flexible gap more than about 6-8" would let a bad guy through. Plus, he can stick his arm through the gap and shoot anyone in sight.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

I have had the principal, two teachers and a custodian from our high school and a teacher and a secretary from our elementary school take my CFP class. They carry in school.

Some teachers are finally getting the picture
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

Knowing what I know of the teachers in our school system, it would worry more if they were carrying than if they weren't. They hardly know how to determine what students need to be able to learn, let alone making the decision on whether or not to shoot.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If you really think about it, most school shooting situations you are better off locking things down rather than creating a mass cattle drive out into the hall ways and out a few exits. This lesson was learned in Arkansas.
    I agree with this statement...mass hysteria has been documented as causing more harm than good. Trying to mass evacuate 1K-5K students all at once is a disaster waiting to happen...and an accountibility/responsibility issue as well.

Rick

I just went with my oldest to his high school orientation last week. My first thoughts were, " I am glad I will never have to clear this building!"
    In some situations I can see where people might be inclined to bug out, but this is definitely not one of them. The Principal proudly announced that it is the second largest high school in the U.S. I don't know if she was referring to the physical plant or the student population. 650,000 square feet. If you go in to clear that place, pack a lunch! It is going to be a loooong day!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links