Your quiet neighborhood and cars that go boom - Page 5

Your quiet neighborhood and cars that go boom

This is a discussion on Your quiet neighborhood and cars that go boom within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod Again.....that personal confrontation wouldn't be advised to start with. Headlines might read: 19 year old shot to death over loud ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Your quiet neighborhood and cars that go boom

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post

Again.....that personal confrontation wouldn't be advised to start with. Headlines might read: 19 year old shot to death over loud music. To make your call to the local constabulary a bit more serious than the normal, run-of-the-mill "low priority call", just simply state you thought you heard a young woman's screams and saw someone thrown out of the car to the ground.
    I think that saying you "saw" something that you didn't could get you in trouble. But "hearing", if proven wrong, who's to say that it wasn't the music/noise? Just be careful when streching the truth and don't tear it apart.
    Having lived in apartments for many years, I've confronted several and just dialed up LEO's for others. It depends on the noise and other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider
    View Post
    A righteous man need not fear asking for some common courtesy.
    That's not true today and to my knowledge it never has been. Well, I guess if the "righteous man" is 6' 12" tall and weighs 325LB!! It'd help if he were well armed as well!
    Granted one needs to be alert, aware, prepared with appropriate skill sets & tools and back up if needed but fear is not required. If my actions are just when the screaming stops and the dust settles I will not be the one hanging from the end of a rope. Having been around the block a few times I it is not hard to get a civil responce from civil people. Bone heads buttons are not that hard to push so that they will do what is needed to justify corrective action. Being 6' 12" tall and 325LB is not needed being right and armed are
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I called my prepaid legal on this one. Their answer: If it is on your property you have the right to ask them to leave. If on somebody else's or public property, you don't have the right to do anything. You are not an LEO, it is only your legal concern if the vehicle is parked on your property.

Noise is not a physical disturbance so the noise isn't trespassing. As far as going up to them armed, bad choice, you will be seen as bringing a gun to an altercation (if it turns into a hassle) and that is illegal in Tennessee. You have to walk away from a fight if you are armed in TN.

Sounds pretty wimpy to me but it looks like there is enough legal material there to get your keester locked up, HG and CCW taken away, and sued in civil court if the little hoods go home and tell momma a big bad man came after them with a gun.

Call PD and be friendly in tone while asking them if they could send a unit out to make the kids move on. If they don't come to your assistance, it's time to start thinking about putting a little political pressure for a new Chief of Police or Sheriff. In truth, anything that we have had like this, the Sheriff's Patrol is there within minutes.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    I called my prepaid legal on this one. Their answer: If it is on your property you have the right to ask them to leave. If on somebody else's or public property, you don't have the right to do anything. You are not an LEO, it is only your legal concern if the vehicle is parked on your property.

Noise is not a physical disturbance so the noise isn't trespassing. As far as going up to them armed, bad choice, you will be seen as bringing a gun to an altercation (if it turns into a hassle) and that is illegal in Tennessee. You have to walk away from a fight if you are armed in TN.

Sounds pretty wimpy to me but it looks like there is enough legal material there to get your keester locked up, HG and CCW taken away, and sued in civil court if the little hoods go home and tell momma a big bad man came after them with a gun.

Call PD and be friendly in tone while asking them if they could send a unit out to make the kids move on. If they don't come to your assistance, it's time to start thinking about putting a little political pressure for a new Chief of Police or Sheriff. In truth, anything that we have had like this, the Sheriff's Patrol is there within minutes.
    +1000! That post covers it all.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

I once lived in a very noisy apartment. I solved two noise problems.

1. Loud music from downstairs. I climbed up on my bed, leaped as high in the air as I could and rammed my feet against the floor, (their ceiling). End of the problem. (Might have been the end of their ceiling too.)

2. Two young women, probably part time hookers had a couple of old men in. They were screaming, drunk. laughing, making a heck of a racket at 3 am.

The apartment had buzzers. When I left for work the next morning, early, I stuck a pin in their buzzer to buzz continuously. As I walked to the car I could hear one of the yelling "What the F***"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links