....First Carry Scenario..just happened, almost car jacked

This is a discussion on ....First Carry Scenario..just happened, almost car jacked within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so heres the skinny. my girl left to go tanning tonight and called before she left saying she had a bad feeling and wanted me ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ....First Carry Scenario..just happened, almost car jacked

....First Carry Scenario..just happened, almost car jacked

so heres the skinny. my girl left to go tanning tonight and called before she left saying she had a bad feeling and wanted me with her...she left the salon and got into her car. she said immediately she noticed someone following her. she tried cuting down side streets to see if she was being followed, and they copied her every move. she noticed them stop and get something from the trunk, so she called me. i told her to not stop the car no matter what, run a light if she had to. so i tore ass out of the apartment and ran down the street to meet her, i got behind her and the suspects were in a late model altima, white, body damage to left pass. quarter, 2 black males young, late teens, short hair dark shirts, bout 5'6'' 150.....i took a good mental picture. we pulled into a vacant well lit lot with a chik fila on my left..the car pulled in the opposite side of the lot and headed toward us drove past, by this time ive already got the 40 cal locked and loaded pointing at them ( not in plain sight, that would be brandishing)through the door panel ( i did this so i didnt have to do much more to have them in the sights ) then they circled around behind my truck, she had already joined me in my truck, i saw them holding something out the window so i told her to duck her head, she got down they headed away from me and fired a shot in the air,not towards me though...by now she had the cops on the phone, and they were there in minutes. all in all i think i did ok, i kept it together even when my wifes life was at stake.....this literally just happened like an hour ago, and i had to post it to see what yall think while it was still fresh on my mind...im still a little on edge but my girl is freakin out still so ima hop off...opinions? different options for the future? i thank god we are ok and i thank god that it turned out the way it did, because if it came down to me or them..id be the one going home.....its so crazy the feeling you get when confronted with the a possibility like that, i might have to kill to avoid being killed...i can honestly say that i felt no compassion or regard for their lives...if they had pointed that gun at me, i would have shot without a doubt or hesitation...anyway im rambling now. thanks guys,

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I would have kept moving with your "caravan" to the nearest police station, or have them direct to to where they are.
    "Just blame Sixto"

She fired her gun in the air???

I don't think that's such a good idea.

And ditto what Sixto said - don't stop the car. Keep driving, preferably to the police station.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckE View Post
    She fired her gun in the air???

I don't think that's such a good idea.

And ditto what Sixto said - don't stop the car. Keep driving, preferably to the police station.
    NO! the bad guys did.

I also would have kept going and drove toward the Police Dept with the cops on the phone telling them were we where.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    i saw them holding something out the window so i told her to duck her head, she got down they headed away from me and fired a shot in the air,not towards me though...
    I read that to mean the BG's fired one in the air, not the wife.

You may have saved her life. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.What you did worked. Thats the good thing. The next thing you need to do is teach her how to shoot, get her a permit, get her a gun and help her to understand the proper mindset because the next time, you may not get there in time to intervene, and above all, have a plan.

Heck man, you are in Memphis after all. You are past due.

I'm just glad that you are here to write about it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

glad to hear she's ok. You should have told her to drive straight to the police station. You don't know where it is? Why not? But, no one died it's a good job.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Sorry, my mistake.

Glad everything turned out ok.

I'm in the process of getting my wife into a CCW class.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

As determined as they were, I would not think
    that they wanted the car.

They wanted HER.

Wrap her mind around that.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    glad to hear she is fine.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

You should have had her call LEO while continuing to drive,and heading toward the police station but not stopping until LEO was on scene,then BG's woulda been stopped with a gun in the car.She needs to learn to shoot and get her CHL with a mindset that she can shoot to defend herself from BG's.A lot of times these guys will run into somebody at a light and when they get out ......
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Don't worry man you did good considering. The most important thing is you are both alive & you did the best to protect you & your's.Any which way you look, this is the best outcome.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    good job stay safe out their

First Carry Scenario..just happened, almost car jacked
    Car? Sounds like she was the target, not the car. The car was not almost jacked. She/you were within inches of being killed.

Assume that, then you've got the right perspective about the situation. They appeared to be there to assault, rape, kidnap, kill, and prepared to use deadly force to do it. The only thing that saved her/you was that you showed up and showed the attackers that you knew exactly what was going down.

By the way, brandishing is an illegal intimidation or threatening of another via the display of your firearm. YOU WERE NOT BRANDISHING, nor would you have been (IMO) had you brought the gun out and tracked the threat openly. You were in fear for your lives. You believed your lives to be directly threatened. The moment their firearm appeared, all guessing evaporated. 'Nuff said.

Glad she is okay.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Others have said it, DO NOT STOP. Call 911 and continue to a police station (don't know the location, go to a VERY public place like a well known shopping center or bus station, somewhere the police can find quickly and easily, but don't stop.)

Her SA (or gut instincts, or womanly intuition) was good and put her into condition red quick enough to avoid the threat long enough.......

TravisABQ said what I was thinking, I don't think this just was about the car.

Overall I believe you did good. YOU were ready to act on the threat(s) and you had the tools and mindset ready when\if it became necessary to take care of business. SHE knew enough to get help and not slip into a condition black.
    You both made it home alive and that's a goal achieved. Bravo Zulu!

Once both of you have decompressed from this event and digested your actions/lessons learned, you'll both have a base to begin working together on your safty, mindsets, and training.....together. When she's ready, take her to the range and familerize her with your sidearm, safty, and basic operation. IF she's prepared to take the next step, training, CCW/CCL, and more range time. DO NOT just jump or push her into firearms and carrying. Take each step ONE step at a time, learn, and support her. Don't push or nag, it'll turn her away from it. I think she'll get it once she's prepared AND recovered from last night's event.

Also, I'm extermly glad you both came out OK and no worse for wear. Stay sharp and watch you six.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

You did good, glad you're both OK.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links