Wrong place, wrong time.

This is a discussion on Wrong place, wrong time. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You handled it very well. As others have stated find a new place to live....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrong place, wrong time.

You handled it very well. As others have stated find a new place to live.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Good Job keeping a level head.

Sounds like you handled it well. Sounds like the Policeman knew you may have needed the extra clip if the whole bunch tried to go after you.... or... to stop the one guy.

Similar situation happened to me just a little differently...

I was In Tempe AZ visiting my oldest son, When in the desert I OC my shoulder rig with two spare mags, and it just happens to look exactly like what I have seen the LEO's wear there.

On this day I had just came in hot N tired from a full day at the mining claim. Now this is suppose to be a gated complex but there was a group of south of the boarder's type that had about 18 of them living in a two bedroom unit.

Every night they would stand outside and scream, argue and fight, and every night it was Noise N police. Well this evening they were all outside right in the middle of it when I pulled up jumped out and all they could see was my shoulder rig. Just like a bunch of cockroaches scurried off and all was quiet.

After that every night when they came out I would go out for a walk with the rig, and peace N quite reigned.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I had a similiar situation. When I was younger, faster, and stonger I confronted a BG giving a friend of mine a hard time.

I was not armed (so the situation has important differences from yours) however it reminded me of something.

The BG I encountered had a good size rap sheet. I'm not sure what the BG plan was, but I thought at the time he was trying to intimidate my friend as part of a mugging. It always confused me, as most muggers don't waste time talking. I don't think the guy knew I was so close. In addition, I think the large man (at least a foot taller then me) enjoyed making my friend scared.

Anyhow, I confronted the guy and made as much noise as I could. I knew I might have to fight the guy but I was hopeful someone would call LE (this is before the days when cell phones were common). I figured LE might arrive before my friend and I were dead. Lucky for me, LE was not that far away, and arrived before anything more happened.

Now here is the moral of the story. I'm at the police station. A police officer is filling out a report and asked me for my home address. I asked if the BG would have access to the report and my home address, the police said yes. I understood the legal reasons my address would be needed, but talk about adding problems to my life. I gave them my college apt information (never was my legal address). Maybe I am a coward, but I just don't like giving a BG my address.

IDK if it is true, but this always bothered me that the BG could get my address if it was on the report.

We live in a messed up world, looks like OP did well.

Man, I hope you can move soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I asked if the BG would have access to the report and my home address, the police said yes. I understood the legal reasons my address would be needed, but talk about adding problems to my life. I gave them my college apt information
    Wise move. I avoided having my name on a police report tonight for the same reasons.

You're right: it's a messed up world when the BG's have so many advantages, like knowing where we live so they can visit at their discretion.

Good decision,I realise that everytime there is a bad situation everybody suggests you move,I for one think that's a little overboard,If I moved everytime an incident happened in my area I would never be able to unpack anything.In a lot of cases there are also leases people sign and breaking a lease is not an option for some people,I'm lucky I own my own home and have good neighbors but there are a few rental houses and every now and then I see people move in I don't want to be able to look in my garage when the doors up
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

glad you're okay, but I think I'd have skipped that particular bulletin board when I saw an irate group of people near it.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

So, I'm outside walking the dog (all 35# of hand licking terror) yesterday. The same BG (as I'll call him from now on) comes riding a bike by me. I got a sudden flash back from the movie "Friday" when Deebo came riding up on his bike. He rolled by me real slow, and for the first time since I've had my dog she went absolutely bonkers. She barked, growled and actually started slobbering.
    He kept moving, and one of the security guards rolled by. The guards and I are on pretty good terms, and he came to me and said that the group of BGs is being evicted because of the volume of calls they have received.

So with one group being evicted, I can just hope that the rest get kicked out soon... so I don't have to move so soon.

Next move... buying a shotgun for Home defense

watch your back...

If possible, avoid letting them see which unit you live in and/or which car you drive. I spent a few years in charge of security for a bunch of apartment complexes and have seen several incidents of "revenge vandalism."
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Administrator
    You did OK.
    You really need to find another place to live though. ASAP.

Well, here is a better look at the complex. The hallways are open to the parking lot, and I could stand on the 5th floor and scan the entire area. I'm not worried about these guys anymore, since none of my info is on the police report, but alot of other people are.
    My main worry now is there have been 3 burglaries in the past week in this complex. None in my building and all have been on the first floor (BG usually goes in thru back windows or sliding glass door. I'm on the 2nd floor, so it would take some effort to get in, and down the hallway there is an elder Cuban guy who hangs outside his door and some odd hours..

But what about the posters you posted in all the buildings?

You need to move as soon as you can. That place is way too open and I bet your comings and goings can be seen from all the way over where they are/were.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

As for the signs I put up, the maintenance man tore them all down because the office did not stamp them for approval. I've been thinking about tossing the same guy in the lake behind my place, since every time I have a problem with the place, he never gets around to fixing it.
    I went by the office today to get approval for hurricane shutters (which I have to submit drawings and materials) and I noticed an LEO sitting near the gate. So as I walked by, he honked for me. I walked up and it was the same one from that night. He said that the President of the Management Company got the local PD to station an officer there during afternoon hours up until 8 PM since the President has received death threats from multiple residents (old and current)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links