I thought it was going down last night...

This is a discussion on I thought it was going down last night... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by thecheat Doubt it. (Well legally anyway) Any person legally carrying a weapon would be absolutely retarded to say something like that because ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I thought it was going down last night...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheat View Post
    Doubt it. (Well legally anyway)

Any person legally carrying a weapon would be absolutely retarded to say something like that because if the situation did boil over and he had to shoot him in self defense, he's now on trial for premeditated murder.
    I've heard a lot of completly wrong things said and typed here regarding CCW and legal issues. It wouldnt suprise me in the least.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

...taking another step toward me. At this point my cover shirt is up and my hand is on my weapon, and I again shouted, “Stop! Back away!” (Without doing so consciously, I 'bladed' my body to protect my strong side and weapon.)
    *Before I CC'd I did the same thing (I had to bluff that I had a CCW) - by being bladed and having your hand on your side sends a warning – he didn’t need to see your gun, just notice the body language.

*http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...eeded-ccw.html
    Last edited by Logan5; September 6th, 2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: add url

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    It sounds to me like you did just fine. I agree with retsup, I too would have called the police to maybe put an end to his little game.
    + 1 also.

I would have called the cops myself when he hit on the 2nd driver. A guy acting like this.... walked into a Convenience store here, pulled a gun and shot him in the head & killed him. NO warning, no words, no nothing. They guy was just out of a mental ward... paranoid schizophrenic.

YOU did good.

Agressive panhandler

In the summer of 2007, my daughter, her boyfriend, and I were walking down Sixth Street in Austin, which is known for some pretty aggressive panhandlers. I rarely go to places like this, but we were going to have dinner and hear some live music. I did not yet have my CHL. I was carrying a 5.3" Kabar knife in a sheath on my right side.
    A large and very suspicious man about 30 years old suddenly starting walking toward us very quickly and yelling "I need money! I need money." I immediately stepped in front to put myself between him and my daughter. I don't remember doing it, but as he cussed and turned and walked away, I realized that my hand was on my knife and that I had unsnapped it. I'm sure he didn't see what it was, so he may have thought I was going for a gun. Fortunately, no one was harmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links