6 Dead in Washington State: Merged

This is a discussion on 6 Dead in Washington State: Merged within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jeffk I carry everywhere it is legal. This includes at home. My primary carry weapon is an M1911 .45 that I wear ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 Dead in Washington State: Merged

Quote Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
    I carry everywhere it is legal. This includes at home. My primary carry weapon is an M1911 .45 that I wear in a shoulder holster. And I do my best not to go anywhere that I cannot legally carry. If some BGs bust into my home, my weapon is right at my side.
    Being armed may well have saved my life on two occasions, one an apparent attempted robbery and/or carjacking in a parking garage, and the other (just two weeks ago) an attempted carjacking at a traffic light (in a "good part of town"). No shots fired in either case.
    It took me several hours to calm down after the attempted carjacking. Probably didn't help that on my way home on the interstate afterward, there was a four-car pileup in the lane right next to me! But I figured later that it was my lucky day, since I got home well and in one piece.
    I also carry everywhere thats legal.. Most of the time including my home.. My gun is on me quite a bit because I'm usually off some where.. The only place I don't carry now a days is "INTO" my work place.. But I carry on my way there..
    ~XD-45 Compact~
    You might be weak but God is Strong!

2. Remove Ads

Most these people probably had no time to reach for their weapons had they been armed. Seems like they were probably just drive by type shootings.

Good thing is the focus is on our mental health system not guns. For once they are looking at the real problem. They were looking for years to get this guy treatment to no avail. One thing that impressed me was the guys mom. For once someone's mother say she wishes it was her son that was dead before any of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamora
    “Those people, those precious people and that officer,” Zamora said. “This is the truth: I love him, but I would of rather it would have been him than any of them. It’s not his fault that he is mentally ill.”
    Gotta respect that. She does say he is not at fault that he is insane and could not get help. All reports seem to bear that out. The officer knew the perp and was one of the people trying to get him some treatment. Plenty sad all around.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links