6 Dead in Washington State: Merged

This is a discussion on 6 Dead in Washington State: Merged within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; National news...it is cases like these that stur up the anti's and add fuel to the fire... 8 Shot, 6 Dead In Shooting Rampage - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Dead in Washington State: Merged

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar

National news...it is cases like these that stur up the anti's and add fuel to the fire...

8 Shot, 6 Dead In Shooting Rampage - News Story - KIRO Seattle

Rick

Terrible tragedy. Prayers to the families.

Of course, the details are not all in yet. We don't know if the weapon was stolen, or how this man, allegedly mentally disabled obtained it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Dang, that one is a little too close to home. I live just a few miles south of there.

Terrible tragedy. Too bad nobody was able to stop this psycho before it got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by alfack View Post
    Dang, that one is a little too close to home.
    Indeed.

It also goes to show why it is a good idea to always have your firearm on your person, even at home. Looks like all these people where shot wherever he happened to run across them. At work, at home, at the gas station. Only chance they would have had would be to immediately draw. No time to 'go grab my gun'.

Two construction workers were found fatally shot at a nearby home under construction. A fourth fatality was found at another home in the same area, Leary said.

At some point, a customer at a Shell gas station in Alger was also shot in the arm. A clerk at the gas station told KIRO 7 that she was in the cooler when she heard commotion outside the station. The clerk said a man was firing his gun and hit a customer.

A high-speed pursuit ensued southbound on Interstate 5 near Mount Vernon shortly after 4 p.m. Tuesday. Around mile marker 238, a motorist who was pulled over on the shoulder was also shot and killed, Leary said.
    Very sad. And as stated, this is going to stir things up for the worse. I bet Seattle Mayor Nickels is going to get a lot of mileage from this.

-john

That's in today's paper.
    bzdog has it right, sad.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Yeah, it sure sounds like any sort of gun across the room would not be very much use.

6 Dead in Washington State

Sucky story - one of the reason I always have my gun when out and around not in my bullet proof building. The guys lucky I wasn't around to see him shooting he wouldn't be in custody right now..
    ~XD-45 Compact~
    You might be weak but God is Strong!

Any time, any place...

Stay armed...24/7...on your person...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Them darn guns... you know how it goes. They get up on their own, load themselves and put themselves into the hands of an unsuspecting victim and then shot themselves into crowds of people when is it gonna end?

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    National news...it is cases like these that stir up the anti's and add fuel to the fire...
    Rick
    It always seems worse in an election year. Sleeper psychos.

That's why I carry 24/7 you just never know when some mental patient or drug addict decided not to take his meds and starts killing people,I have known several psyzophrenic people and they take there meds til they feel good and then decide they don't wanta take their meds cause it makes them feel weird
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    It also goes to show why it is a good idea to always have your firearm on your person, even at home. Looks like all these people where shot wherever he happened to run across them. At work, at home, at the gas station. Only chance they would have had would be to immediately draw. No time to 'go grab my gun'.
    That's what I was thinking, especially when I read of the construction workers being killed. They were probably just working away, and some guy comes up and kills them both for no reason. Can't say for sure since the deputy sheriff was probably armed but also killed, but had the construction workers been carrying at work, they might be alive. Condolences for the families of all who were killed.

This should fuel the fire for CCW...If someone had a gun they could have killed the idiot and stopped him. Prayers for the family!

I have my guns trained not to kill people when I'm not around!
    I did have a 22 once that went on a rabbit killing spree when I was at work but I destroyed it.
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

I'm wondering if this will effect Mayor Nickels' ill-advised Concealed Carry hating city ordinance proposal.

We have to make sure all the legal/responsible/trained CCers are unarmed so all the whackjobs can shoot 6 innocent bystanders at will. A lot of innocent people died for no apparent reason.

Thoughts and hearts go out to the families of those involved.
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Carrying 24/7

I carry everywhere it is legal. This includes at home. My primary carry weapon is an M1911 .45 that I wear in a shoulder holster. And I do my best not to go anywhere that I cannot legally carry. If some BGs bust into my home, my weapon is right at my side.
    Being armed may well have saved my life on two occasions, one an apparent attempted robbery and/or carjacking in a parking garage, and the other (just two weeks ago) an attempted carjacking at a traffic light (in a "good part of town"). No shots fired in either case.
    It took me several hours to calm down after the attempted carjacking. Probably didn't help that on my way home on the interstate afterward, there was a four-car pileup in the lane right next to me! But I figured later that it was my lucky day, since I got home well and in one piece.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links